• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Thermal Spring of Youth AW and Magic Residences

Paladestar

Enchanter
TSoY is great, if you can make it work. When you look at the maths it becomes obvious that it is only good when nearly all of your population comes from Magic Residences (MR).

I make it work for me. I already had my GA and MH at level 30 before I even placed the TSoY, simply because there was no TSoY at the time, when I'd finished getting my GA and MH to level 30! - However, as others have said, you get more 'bang for your buck' with these two AWs in terms of KP needed to upgrade and they also just 'just work' without having to go all-in with MR.

GA and MH stop giving population benefits after level 30, each providing 15% of your required working population . The TSoY still gains 0.4% extra per level all the way to 35, for a total of 22% extra population from Resi and MR. I have all three AWs leveled at maximum extra population potential.

Right now:

My GA and MH give me 163,517 population each.
My TSoY gives me 135,168 population.
=> My TSoY gives 83% of the population that my GA and MH each give.

So even at level 30, GA and MH still beat the TSoY for me at level 35. However, the the TSoY still gives me a lot of population. A MR for chapter 18 gives 19,200 population (That rises to 23,424 population with a level 35 TSoY), so my TSoY is giving me as much population as just over 7 extra MR would (135,168 / 19,200 = 7.04 MR or in simple terms of numbers of MR, I have 32 placed right now, so: (32 x 1.22) - 32 = 39.04 - 32 = 7.04 MR or simply 32 x 0.22 = 7.04 MR, whatever way you want to think about it) . A total no-brainer as to whether or not it justifies the space it takes (Stupid punitive tournament formula aside)!

Show me a 4x5 event building that gives 23,424 population. A Venar's Rocks III (V3), which is among the best, takes up the same space, but only gives 16,200 population in chapter 18. Okay it gives culture instead of costing it, but that's not better than the 45% extra population per square that you get from a MR with a max-level TSoY. The Goblin Gift Shop (GGS) from the last Christmas event gives more population per square than a V3 and if they took up the same number of squares would give 18,889 population for the same space as a V3/MR with a max-level TSoY. The MR still gives 24% more population per square than the GGS.

I'm about eight and a half days away from completing all research for chapter 18 and will be deleting my settlement and doing a rearrangement. After I'm done my numbers will change:

My GA and MH will give me 189,540 population each.
My TSoY will give me 160,512 population.
=> My TSoY will give 85% of the population that my GA and MH will each give.

Not much difference, but the gap closes a little more.

Edit: typo fixed.

Last edited: