• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered The spire

Spartus

Adventurer
Hi all, abit of help please, I'm on the orc phase atm, I have the needles, abyss and halls ancient wonders with 3 armouries. Any tips for ways to improve my spire performance, extra buildings etc?

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
This post is quite good: https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index....eternity-how-it-works-and-why-its-good.12707/

Once you start getting better at it, it will be easier to get army boosts buildings that will help a lot like Dwarven Armorer and Unleashed Unit Upgrade. When you place them on Thursday/Friday (depends on your time zone), you can get two Spires out of them to double the use. You'll eventually be able to get to the top just auto fighting and without additional ancient wonders. Of course fighting wonders make it a bit easier but you can do it without them.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I always auto-fight the Spire levels.

Martial Monastery AW (elves) adds troop health, albeit gradually. Mine is L26 and gives me 127% troop health.

Armouries (7 for me) certainly help with training size for troops:

1657780167782.png

Some members in my FS use Needles of the Tempest AW.

@Silly Bubbles has posted some excellent ideas. For example, for me to get beyond High Halls I need at least four (4) troop boosts. e.g. Dwarven Armorer (DA), Unleashed Unit Upgrade (UUU), Magnificent Mage Multiplier (MMM), and Enhanced Light Range (ELR). To get the best mileage I build these on a Friday. And you may need to use Time Instants to get through all the gates before the Spire finishes.

Sir Derf

Adept
For fighting, this is the snipet from my master listing of Ancient Wonders of those with military benefits

• Troops
    1. Barrack
      1. Dwarven Bulwark (LMU / 3h)
      2. Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (LRU / 3h)
      3. Flying Academy (Mages / 3h)
      4. Temple of the Toads (HRU / 3h)
      5. Pyramid of Purification (HMU / 3h)
    2. Training Ground
      1. Shrine of the Champion (Orc Warrior / 3h)
    3. Mercenary Camp
      1. Tournament Arena (Venom Drone Riders/ 3h)
      2. Tree of Enlightenment (Rangers / 3h)
    4. Other
      1. Simia Sapiens (Military / Collection)
  • +Training Speed
    1. Needles of the Tempest (Barrack)
    2. Flying Academy (Merc Camp)
    3. Victory Springs (Training Grounds)
  • +Training Size
    1. Dwarven Bulwark (Barrack)
    2. Shrine of the Shrewdy Shrooms (Barracks * Armory)
  • +Damage
    1. Needles of the Tempest (LRU)
    2. Heroes Forge (HMU)
    3. Dragon Abbey (Mage)
    4. Temple of the Toads (HRU)
    5. Victory Springs (LMU)
  • +Health
    1. Martial Monastery/Sanctuary

My 2 cents on Armories/Training Size... Really helpful for the player who checks in infrequently. If, during the day, you visit often enough that you can refill the training queues before they empty, then the increased Training Size is really only providing benefit for overnight productions, the larger the training size, the larger the portion of the night your military buildings are producing and the smaller the portion of the night your military buildings are sitting idle. I'm not saying many Armories are useless, just saying make sure you are aware you are correctly assessing the actual benefits. Of course, they are great for giving ranking points, if that is something you care about...

And, of course, the single most useful thing you can do to help your fighting is to have a Fire Phoenix, have it evolved to the highest level you can, and to fight while it is happily fed.

Far Reach

Conjurer
You can also use diplomacy of course. It is quite practical (with a suitable city build) to complete the Spire each week using only diplomacy, and without spending any diamonds. Even if one chooses to fight most battles, diplomacy provides an alternative for particularly tricky encounters.

There are lots of optimisations and build choices which many of the top-scoring tournament players use to improve their score. Some of those are described above. Individually they will help with the Spire, but they often aren't necessary. Small tweaks may be enough. What obstacle stops you going higher ? If you are running out of troops, then more armouries should help. If you consistently finish depleted of a certain good for diplomacy then you might consider improving your production of it. If your troops are struggling to win battles then booster buildings and/or manual fighting will often make a big difference.

Jake65

Sage
...and lots of optimizations. ;)

to-may-to, to-mah-to, right-side-of-the-pond, left-side-of-the-pond
Armorer, armourer. Predictive text and I always disagree on that one :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
You can also use diplomacy of course. It is quite practical (with a suitable city build) to complete the Spire each week using only diplomacy, and without spending any diamonds. Even if one chooses to fight most battles, diplomacy provides an alternative for particularly tricky encounters.

I used mostly diplomacy first six months of getting to the top every week. As you're saying, it's quite doable. From my experience, I'd recommend to cater from the lowest levels of the Spire as these are easier and makes it faster to learn how it works. It can get overwhelming when catering higher levels only without having good understanding of the mechanics.

Sir Derf

Adept
Look to the full post and thread on Evolving Buildings (Pets and non-Pets) in General Discussion, and the Ancient Wonders thread in Questions & Help.