• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

The 19th Chest Prize in tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pauly7

Magus
We also have to keep sight of the rewards people are already getting for doing this. I think I worked out recently that I was getting about 450KP a week from playing in the tournament... and that's before any team rewards at the end. I'm sure there are people (especially in a 160k tournament fellowship) who are getting much more than that.... That's a whole lot of reward.

So yeah, any extra reward would have to be something purely for the bragging rights. A small mediocre culture/pop building would tick that box... Though the medal on the FS screen would do practically the same job.

Gargon667

Mentor
We also have to keep sight of the rewards people are already getting for doing this. I think I worked out recently that I was getting about 450KP a week from playing in the tournament... and that's before any team rewards at the end. I'm sure there are people (especially in a 160k tournament fellowship) who are getting much more than that.... That's a whole lot of reward.

So yeah, any extra reward would have to be something purely for the bragging rights. A small mediocre culture/pop building would tick that box... Though the medal on the FS screen would do practically the same job.

Last week I got (including team rewards) 1000+ KP, 150+ rune shards, 150+ enchantments, nearly 2000 relics, 14 RR spells, 1 blueprint, 75 broken shards (which went directly to the garbage bin, because I didn´t bother using them) and 20k+ tourney points :)
I definitely feel like I do not need more rewards...

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Dude, it's right there:

If the 19th chest gave 3 x 5-day buildings then that would absolutely make 19 the new goal.

------------------------------------------
I still don´t get what´s the problem with that? It is a new completely thing, it is not the old tournament system, so it has place to be put. Devs ruined many things that was cool in the old tourney and that changed LOT of things for the better or for the worst at the same time, I see no problem putting a good prize at the 19th chest. None.

BTW: Justice sometimes is not based in democracy, for example: If a company would want reward one or some employees giving them more income for their hard work than others, propably the majority won´t approve that, and probably, if they could vote to decide that, they would vote against that reward, and they surely will argue the same as you now, which is " people would get affected cause the goal would change, cause everyone would want that superior income that the company is giving as reward in that new goal".

My suggestion is no popular? OFC!!! A new reward at the 19th would awake envy and would change the way some top fellowships are playing the tourney, sure...But it is justice at the end, and at the same time it makes the tournament lot more interesting :).

One final suggestion buddy: Personal attacks, drama and insults are not an argument, the force of an insult reflects the weakness of an argument. (said this by the insult and the attitude you made in some posts above).

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Re the building for special achievement, don't we already have that? It's called the Arch of Triumph, and it's for a grueling 7 day marathon called the Fellowship Adventures.
Like others I think Inno does give appropriate rewards for the extra chests, rewards that we requested when this was originally discussed.
I´m totally aware of that my friend Lelanya, this is a new suggestion, a new thing that in my PERSONAL (and maybe the FSs that could be benefited) point of view would be nice to have in tournament chests :) .

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Greetings Guys, I must say 19 Chests is an impressive achievement! I believe this has been mentioned previously in the thread but i'll touch on it again, for all intents and purposes the actual Tournament is a 10 Chest effort. However the Devs were aware that some of the Hardcore FS's would want to compete to surpass this and that's where the additional Bonus Chests were introduced. They were designed to be more challenging then the previous chests however would still carry a prize for achieving these in addition to Tourney Ranking Points. What the Devs did not want, is to increase the amount of Chests required to "complete" the Tourney as it were. I'm reminded of how some months ago, the overall opinion was that the Tourney had become far too difficult beyond a certain point and 10 Chests was potentially unachievable for Higher Ranking Fellowships?
It is the choice of Fellowships if they wish to compete for Tournament Greatness, above and beyond that of the 10 Chests. However the Devs will not be looking to award anything further than what they currently do for the Bonus Chests. Whether that changes in the future I cannot be sure but it's certainly not something that they're looking to do at the moment.

Kind Regards

Herodite.
Thanks for your clarification Herodite :).
Yes, I´m aware of what was the main reason of why the extra 9 chests were put at the first place, but as you can see, I´m suggesting something new, that could at least reach the ears of the developers and maybe ( like they have made lot of sudden changes, be these popular or unpopular) in some time in the future could do something about it.

Deleted User - 341074

I see no problem putting a good prize at the 19th chest. None.
Then you aren't even reading what others are posting.
One final suggestion buddy: Personal attacks, drama and insults are not an argument, the force of an insult reflects the weakness of an argument. (said this by the insult and the attitude you made in some posts above)
Pot meet kettle? (Den Esel Nennt den anderen Langohr)
  1. You posted a feature suggestion
  2. I explained that there was an issue with it
  3. You created a strawman not once but twice
  4. I corrected you
  5. You falsely accused me of changing my posts to fit my arguments
  6. I presented the evidence that I had done no such thing
  7. You called me an ignorant coward.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
What do you mean? it is in the light, we are discussing it openly, only so far I have seen nobody liking your idea.
I think it is because English is not my born language perhaps, what I understand as "comes to light" is that my suggestion " can be implemented in its totality". Did you get it?
Justice is not about popularity, many were against your idea and justification of why the new tournament system was something "necessary" in this forum ( please check https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/tournament-changes-post-release.15204/ https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/upcoming-tournament-changes.12925/ to see what the popular consensus) many, cause many were affected by these new changes, and Inno still implemented those changes.

Justice is "give each one what is due".

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Then you aren't even reading what others are posting.

Any single proof for that claim?
I think the one that is not reading what I´m writing is you, cause I made lot of comments, and responses of what you and many other here were arguing, trying to cover all and every point in those responses buddy. I even now, still waiting your response to many of my assertions before presented.

Pot meet kettle?
  1. You posted a feature suggestion
  2. I explained that there was an issue with it
  3. You created a strawman not once but twice
  4. I corrected you
  5. You falsely accused me of changing my posts to fit my arguments
  6. I presented the evidence that I had done no such thing
  7. You called me an ignorant coward
  1. Yes I did :).
  2. Ok, you were good at that point, and your argument was correctly answered.
  3. You said: "Still making a strawman argument.I said fellowships with A FEW semi-casual (compared to hardcore) members.
    E.G. 22 members getting enough points for their share of ~14 to 17 chests and 3 members getting around 2K points because that is all that is needed to do their part of the best rewards."
    I showed and demonstrated that a fellowship with some few semi-casual fellows STILL A SEMI-CASUAL FELLOWSHIP. ( But conveniently you didn´t read my response cause " you felt offended, took it as an outlet and flee away after you said I called you a liar, very convenient)
  4. You tried.
  5. I didn´t call you a liar or someone that changed their comments to fit it better: "First: Your first comment was edited after I replied you the comment where you were saying a suppose difference between a semi-casual FS and a casual player ( for your information a fellowship with some semi-casual members is a semi-casual fellowship duhh) So maybe you´re just accommodating arguments to fit in, I don´t know. " If this caused a misinterpretation I apologise if that offended you.
  6. You clarified all the situation, not that I called you a liar or cheater, since that thing I didn´t said it or put it as truth.
  7. Yes after you said I was an idiot. all this not before I presented good arguments and no before you decided leave (convenientely ) the conversation.

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter

Well, some people have different goals in the game, for them being rewarded with something special (AND VERY WELL DESERVED) would be cool. Having more is a problem?

Could I know, (I know this is game and some things are different to real life) what´s your opinion of someone having a promotion by their hard work in a normal job above someone that is conformed of his actual position, but at the same time doesn´t want anyone earning more then him?

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Last week I got (including team rewards) 1000+ KP, 150+ rune shards, 150+ enchantments, nearly 2000 relics, 14 RR spells, 1 blueprint, 75 broken shards (which went directly to the garbage bin, because I didn´t bother using them) and 20k+ tourney points :)
Good, but some people think different, and if they can ask for more because it would help to make this game more interesting like another level of the spire for example, they totally have the right to ask for it, even if the majority don´t like it.
Btw ( and I know you will take it as an offense, but NOTHING TO SEE IT AT ALL, and I apologise if you think that way), you maybe have a popularity here, maybe many think the same as you do, but you´re not the representative of those people (the ones that reach the 19th chest) neither I am. So for this aspect exists the forums, and I hope that devs can change something of what I propuse in the future.

Deleted User - 341074

Any single proof for that claim?
Uh yeah. Several people in this thread have pointed out problems with your suggestion, and you say you see absolutely no problem with your suggestion.
How can you explain that? How can you not see what others have posted?
Either you aren't reading their posts, or ignoring them, or maybe you just don't care at all about anyone other than yourself, so problems for others = no problem?

I picked the nicest one for you and assumed you just missed all of the posts explaining to you what the problems are. The other possibilities make you look much worse.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 341074

So maybe you´re just accommodating arguments to fit in, I don´t know. " If this caused a misinterpretation I apologise if that offended you.
Yes, that was offensive. My German is a little rusty, but even there adding in "könnte sein/ vielleicht " does not make an accusation less offensive, so please stop hiding behind it.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Uh yeah. Several people in this thread have pointed out problems with your suggestion, and you say you see absolutely no problem with your suggestion.
I re-make again my question clearer for you to understand : Any single proof that I don´t read what others say, as you falsely claim? If not, you can keep your words for yourself please.

How can you explain that? How can you not see what others have posted?
Either you aren't reading their posts, or ignoring them, or maybe you just don't care at all about anyone other than yourself, so problems for others = no problem?
Looks like, that the one that have not read nothing of my responses and have no idea of what he´s talking about is you. Could you please give a good read to all my responses where I argue all the points many players here have made to my first suggestion, cause I have read all of them and tried to respond to all of them at the same time (when I have free time as now), and if many of them are not responded it is because I have already dealt with them (arguments) before in response to other players, or I will respond them later.

I picked the nicest one for you and assumed you just missed all of the posts explaining to you what the problems are. The other possibilities make you look much worse.
Wow, that kind of writing just reflects how sensible you are when someone disagree with you, but you can say, think and suppose all you want from me, do you think I care what do you think of me, or make your argument more solid?
Please I highly recommend you to focus in the arguments, in special those I´ve presented you no one time, but several several times, and leave drama, insults and personal attacks as an argument (or better say, as an outlet of the argument).

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Yes, that was offensive. My German is a little rusty, but even there adding in "könnte sein/ vielleicht " does not make an accusation less offensive, so please stop hiding behind it.
First, German is not my born language (even tho I speak it also ), my born language is Spanish.
Second, technically I didn´t use those words as a insult (calling you ignorant/coward were, you calling me an idiot was), I´m custom to talk with trolls all over the internet, who change what they say, or don´t admit something they really mean it, so I should ask you first the proof of the historial of the editions you showed me after all that confusion in a politically manner, I didn´t know you were that sensible, I´m sorry if that offended you.

Deleted User - 341074

. Could you please give a good read to all my responses
I went back and re-read your posts.
You have failed again and again to actually address the issues that arise from moving the goalposts from 10 to 19 chests.
You evaded and changed the subject, but you don't seem to have any understanding let alone empathy for the negative impact such a change would have on players and their fellowships.
technically I didn´t use those words as a insult
Again, if you really are reading, either your memory or understanding is lacking. I've explained and shown with multiple examples that it doesn't matter if something is "technically" not an insult, if it is intended to disparage the other person, it counts.

Far Reach

Conjurer

you´re not the representative of those people (the ones that reach the 19th chest) neither I am. So for this aspect exists the forums, and I hope that devs can change something of what I propuse in the future.

As a member of another Fellowship which has reached the 19th chest on a few occasions, I agree with Gargon (and most of the other posters here) that we don't need more rewards. To be fair to the OP though, Gargon's winnings above are largely coming from a strong individual performance (20k+ points) and not from collective results. The Spire's rewards (at least in diamonds and boosters) are more balanced between individual and collective results.

As previously highlighted by others, this proposal would result in more pressure to deliver within a high aspiration fellowships. In my view, this would negatively affect many player's enjoyment of the game and the collective damage would far outweigh the personal benefits experienced by a few (such as Gargon667, DunkelSaturn and myself).

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think a lot's being achieved now by three pages of people making the same points. The only thing that is changing is the escalating nastiness.

@DunkelSaturn, you have made a point/suggestion/request. By now it's clear that the majority isn't going to agree with you and you aren't going to agree with the majority - but we all understand each other. The only question is whether your suggestion is going to be, or has been, forwarded to the devs for consideration. Either way it's probably about time the mods shut down this conversation because it isn't going anywhere.

Timneh

Artisan
Could I know, (I know this is game and some things are different to real life) what´s your opinion of someone having a promotion by their hard work in a normal job above someone that is conformed of his actual position, but at the same time doesn´t want anyone earning more then him?

You seem to be missing a big difference between what you are asking for and the situation i have quoted you on. The person getting a promotion for their hard work is getting paid for doing that work and therefore have to do that work, it is their job. You are asking for a reward for doing something that you and your FS want to do. I will ask you again why you think people should get rewarded for doing something that they want to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.