• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Summer Event: March of the Herds

Deleted User - 106219

What if you don't have the full amount (for whatever reason)?

cwgiii

Shaman
What is the point of paying in parts? Replace [+] with [pay] full amount.

Most folks will probably do just that. But, being a "Quest", the option to accumulate these quantities over time could be used by newer players. Some possible examples could be as they balance different quest lines, requirements from a Fellowship, or simple personal wants for progress.

DeletedUser1197

And nowhere else in this game are offered to pay in parts much larger amounts. Why this unnecessary element has arisen right now?

Aaah, mini-game for newer players. Well done

cwgiii

Shaman
Why this unnecessary element has arisen right now?

I beg to differ. We are able to accumulate KPs for Ancient Wonders (as well and Rune Shards for the same), and accumulate other items for other quests (coins, # spells, building upgrades, etc.). I agree this does seem a bit unique as far as goods are concerned. But it might have just been a means to an end to work with the existing interface.

I know I had seen comments in other threads asking for more variety regarding event quest lines. This might have been in response to that request. Who knows. I don't see any harm done, regardless.

I have no idea about reality, just seeing from The Devil's Advocate point of view.

Jackluyt

Shaman
Here is the math on which Box to open!

19702445_10209563566786648_5484519138070275998_n.jpg

Silver Chests are a no no - they under-perform compared to the others.
Bronze chests are better if you want Daily buildings (marginally)
Gold Chest are better if you want KP, or are trying to get the 3rd Grand Prize.

These figures take into account the extra bonus sugar beet that you get as awards some of the time when you open chests.

NOTE: Obviously some players will get more extra chests, and some will get fewer.
That is entirely a matter of luck!!

Last edited:

DeletedUser3337

I know I had seen comments in other threads asking for more variety regarding event quest lines.
Variety would be super, but not variety in quests but in action.
These events are a nice distracting indeed. "Nice" is the right word, not "Amazing" or "Awesome".

How about they create a fresh splashing event, that will make elven and human hearts beat faster again?
For example building a Wonder together with your fellowship like they do in Grepolis (other InnoGame).
Such a Wonder could give culture or pop or even mana, depending on chapter.

Wonder_temple_of_artemis_at_ephesus.png

https://wiki.en.grepolis.com/wiki/World_Wonders

Or even a separate event island/city where one has to build, to be able to gain event resources like in Anno Online. We do love building.

Example of Halloween Island to build Pumpkin farms:
001_halloween2015_start_0085.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2320

Help: I have refreshed all three of my characters - and I still cannot see where the rock candy is listed....anyone give a guide to a blind old fool? :)

cwgiii

Shaman
and I still cannot see where the rock candy is listed

You can only get rock candy by opening any of the three chests (+5 rock candy for opening the Bronze Chest, +10 for the Silver Chest, +20 for the Gold Chest). But in order to open these chests, you must first collect Sugar Beets. You need 50 Sugar Beets to open the Bronze Chest, 90 for the Silver Chest, and 140 for the Gold Chest.

You can get the Sugar Beets by collecting the ones that "fall from the sky" around your city, or by completing quests from either of the two event quest lines.

DeletedUser958

Here is the math on which Box to open!

19702069_10209555715430369_6321437691719959146_n.jpg

Silver Chests are a no no - they under-perform compared to the others.
Bronze chests are better if you want Daily buildings (marginally)
Gold Chest are better if you want KP, or are trying to get the 3rd Grand Prize.

These figures take into account the extra bonus sugar beet that you get as awards some of the time when you open chests.

NOTE: Obviously some players will get more extra chests, and some will get fewer.
That is entirely a matter of luck!!

I see that the prices of the second and third main prizes aren't yet shown, but is it the case that the third prize is (yet again) impossible unless you spend cash? Really irritating, this.

m4rt1n

Adept
No help from the app, it registers everything you do all day to complete a quest, but has no quests shown as of yet. (Need to visit PC to tick box).
It's summer guy's here in the northern hemisphere anyway and many players like myself go on vacation and now rely on the app to keep the game interesting.
Please add this to the app asap so I can at least move on to the next quest while away. :)

Also I dislike the quests asking for large amounts of coins/goods, now I have lost all but 4 neighbours to gold mines in the last week. :(

Jackluyt

Shaman
I see that the prices of the second and third main prizes aren't yet shown, but is it the case that the third prize is (yet again) impossible unless you spend cash? Really irritating, this.

There is about 1% chance of getting enough free sugar beet to win the second and third buildings.
The reason they are greyed out is that you haven't opened the first one yet!
:)

Armendil had another go at the math, and the original chart was not correct.

Here is the new one
19702445_10209563566786648_5484519138070275998_n.jpg

I am really only interested in KP, so I will be opening Gold Chests!

Killiak

Artisan
1% for third building? Doubtful.

Summer Solstice odds were roughly 0,30%; by doing all the quests AND an estimated number of random spawns.
Second building should be 100% though, if you can do al lthe quests.

Timneh

Artisan
There are a lot of quests for workshops in this event and as well as producing the required number of each item we are also asked to gain X amount of supplies to go with them. Here is an idea for the quest devs, why not think up some quests where we can actually use some of the thousands of supplies you want us to produce in the workshop quests ? What are we supposed to do with them except spend them in the whoesaler which you do not want us doing ?

DeletedUser3978

if the quest amounts by chapter are correct in the guides I have seen , then most people on felyndral can forget about getting far in this event. There are probably only about 400 people producing tier 3 so far on the entire server from over 44000 accounts so the tier3 quests will be nigh on impossible for all but the top few players

cwgiii

Shaman
There are probably only about 400 people producing tier 3 so far on the entire server from over 44000 accounts so the tier3 quests will be nigh on impossible for all but the top few players

Unfortunate. The only hope I see in that case is that people use the wholesaler to purchase the 3rd tier goods available there and then trade among themselves to get the boosted goods that are excluded for each individual via the wholesaler.

Timneh

Artisan
I can't remember now but can you actually buy T3 goods from the wholesaler before you can produce them in your city ?

cwgiii

Shaman
Good question. I think I remember that you can because it was advertised as such a solution in another case. But I may be dreaming.