• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Strange Percentages

FieryArien

Necromancer
Does it also include Evolving buildings like the bears and workshop levels etc, i.e. everything?
Nope. It’s just these variables:
- Number of researched mandatory technologies (optional technologies that don’t have any successor don’t count);
- Number of wonder levels;
- Number of expansions (premium expansions count too, but with lower impact);
- Number of T1-3 boosted relics (maxed at 500 relics when the first boost reaches that number).

They are multiplied together using various coefficients.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
- Number of researched mandatory technologies (optional technologies that don’t have any successor don’t count);
- Number of T1-3 boosted relics (maxed at 500 relics when the first boost reaches that number).

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Just one more question then I'll leave you in peace. Is it all AWs, even those that have no actual bearing on the tournaments, such as the Maze, which gives manna?

Pauly7

Magus
Does it also include Evolving buildings like the bears and workshop levels etc, i.e. everything?
No, they make no difference to it. You have to look at a) Total number of expansions placed (regular hurt more than premium ones b) Total number of AW levels c) Total number of mandatory researches completed and d) Production boost. If you've been playing a while that last one is likely to stay the same on 700%.

An extra AW level is only beneficial where you can see a direct benefit related to the tournament... and even then they sometimes still make it more difficult when you get to the higher provinces.

Pauly7

Magus
Sorry, I somehow couldn't see the two messages above when I posted.

Thanks so much for taking the time to explain this. Just one more question then I'll leave you in peace. Is it all AWs, even those that have no actual bearing on the tournaments, such as the Maze, which gives manna?
Yes, it's all AWs and that has been the greatest annoyance for me and one of the biggest complaints to Inno (which makes no difference). So essentially, if you want to do better in tournaments there are only certain AWs that you should build that directly help your playstyle. The likes of Thrones of the High Men, Enar's Embassy, Sunset Towers, Maze, etc, really have no place in the game now, even if they did before.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Sorry, I somehow couldn't see the two messages above when I posted.

Yes, it's all AWs and that has been the greatest annoyance for me and one of the biggest complaints to Inno (which makes no difference). So essentially, if you want to do better in tournaments there are only certain AWs that you should build that directly help your playstyle. The likes of Thrones of the High Men, Enar's Embassy, Sunset Towers, Maze, etc, really have no place in the game now, even if they did before.

They've been working very hard at trying to break the game for a long time. Seems like they've finally done it! I've been sitting here trying to think of a new strategy, in which I'd still enjoy playing but it's all just dead ends. Sigh.

Autumn Goldleaf

Spellcaster

Relics? So does this mean we should spend as many relics as possible to reduce impact?

Pauly7

Magus
Relics? So does this mean we should spend as many relics as possible to reduce impact?
It is a possible tactic, but in practice in a normal city there's nothing much you can do about it. Once your production boost reaches 700% in any one of T1, T2 or T3 then the maximum multiplier for relics is hitting you. The only way to change that would be to keep all of your production boosts low (i.e. small numbers of relics). For most normal cities that would be counter-productive, even if you could figure out how to do it.

FieryArien

Necromancer
No. You are thinking about it for the tournament, not just Spire (uses the similar algorithm), right? But there is not enough ways to get rid of boosted relics (and you need them for your manufactories!) and the algorithm takes the max from your three boosted relics (up to 500, the excess is ignored). So in reality you wouldn’t be able to play 3 out of 9 tournaments. Not a good deal in my eyes.

Gargon667

Mentor
The likes of Thrones of the High Men, Enar's Embassy, Sunset Towers, Maze, etc, really have no place in the game now, even if they did before.

Before those were a waste of space and KP, now they are a waste of space, KP and tourney points.

Pauly7

Magus
Before those were a waste of space and KP, now they are a waste of space, KP and tourney points.
The thing is, previously someone could build an AW for any number of reasons, including the fact that they just liked how it looks. It didn't do any harm other than to waste your space. Now they decide to hit you with a double penalty if you build an Enar's Embassy. Not only are you wasting your space, but you'll be penalised on tournament squad size too. The craziest thing is that they still keep on offering wonders like that to people and pretending there could be a benefit from building them.

Gargon667

Mentor
The thing is, previously someone could build an AW for any number of reasons, including the fact that they just liked how it looks. It didn't do any harm other than to waste your space. Now they decide to hit you with a double penalty if you build an Enar's Embassy. Not only are you wasting your space, but you'll be penalised on tournament squad size too. The craziest thing is that they still keep on offering wonders like that to people and pretending there could be a benefit from building them.

If you build for looks, you don´t need to upgrade the junk and tourney performance doesn´t depend on 1 (or 10) AW levels, it is much bigger numbers we are talking about. So that is not an issue, you can still trade space for looks, without major consequences.

I agree that pretending they are useful is a problem :) but it has been since long before the new tourneys. The way I see it: Nothing changed between old and new tourneys except that they added one more negative consequence to the pre-existing ones. But depending on the situation it can be a very big negative...

Pauly7

Magus
If you build for looks, you don´t need to upgrade the junk and tourney performance doesn´t depend on 1 (or 10) AW levels, it is much bigger numbers we are talking about. So that is not an issue, you can still trade space for looks, without major consequences.
I probably shouldn't have described it as building for looks, but that could at least come into the equation. So, for example, let's say you love how the Pyramid of Purification fits into your city. Before the tournament change that's no problem. You're wasting some squares, but that's fine because if you upgrade it a ton then you're going to be getting plenty of extra sentient goods and a few extra troops. Upgrade it more and more then it becomes more worthwhile. In the current climate upgrading it past level 1 (as you say) just makes the situation worse and you would have to be much more in love with a building to justify it taking the space sat on level 1 stats.

Gargon667

Mentor
I probably shouldn't have described it as building for looks, but that could at least come into the equation. So, for example, let's say you love how the Pyramid of Purification fits into your city. Before the tournament change that's no problem. You're wasting some squares, but that's fine because if you upgrade it a ton then you're going to be getting plenty of extra sentient goods and a few extra troops. Upgrade it more and more then it becomes more worthwhile. In the current climate upgrading it past level 1 (as you say) just makes the situation worse and you would have to be much more in love with a building to justify it taking the space sat on level 1 stats.

Yes the perfect example of a victim of the new tourney system. In the old tourney, this AW would be lvl 30 in my city by now, with the new tourney it is level 1 in between FAs (and deleted during). Same is true for the Vic Springs and the Heroes Forge. All got deleted already. The next one to go will be the Bee (mine is only lvl 7, and I just really like it, so I haven´t killed it yet, but it sure is bad for the tourney, too)

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Don't worry @Gargon667, Orcs are allowed to have a soft side too :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Don't worry @Gargon667, Orcs are allowed to have a soft side too :)
Can´t have that, we need everybody trembling in fear when we show up to the party. Everybody running away screaming makes raiding so much more enjoyable.