• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Strange Percentages

Twigjam

Spellcaster
It's been bugging me for a long time about the odd percentages in Elvenar. For instance my Mountain Halls gives a 180% Goods boost but percentages only go up to 100% so what does 180% mean exactly? Is it the Elvenar way of making things look better than they actually are?

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Twigjam So they use the Percentages to show what you'll earn in addition to your Basic Goods. So in your case, the Mountain Hall will give you an additional 80% on top of your Basic Goods Amount :) (Basic being 100% + 80% Bonus)

Hope that makes sense!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
@Twigjam So they use the Percentages to show what you'll earn in addition to your Basic Goods. So in your case, the Mountain Hall will give you an additional 80% on top of your Basic Goods Amount :) (Basic being 100% + 80% Bonus)

Hope that makes sense!

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Thanks, that does make sense. I should've asked a long time ago! lol

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Also keep in mind the 700% you get from having more than 500 relics. In that case it is 700% additional to the base value of a 100%. Add the 80% of the Mountain Hall and you get 880% of the base value (non-boosted value).

Pauly7

Magus
"Strange Percentages" sounds like the name of a band... Just sayin'

Keep in mind that 'Inno Maths' is always confusing and often doesn't make sense. They can tell you that one thing boosts something by 100%, but then you realise it doesn't do what you expected because they always add percentages together. Either that, or the thing boosts somethings base value before everything else has been applied.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Also keep in mind the 700% you get from having more than 500 relics. In that case it is 700% additional to the base value of a 100%. Add the 80% of the Mountain Hall and you get 880% of the base value (non-boosted value).

Ah yes, it's as I suspected then. I want to know just how useful the Mountain Halls is based on the extra percentage of goods it gives compared to if I didn't have it. It's not much really when you put it that way.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
"Strange Percentages" sounds like the name of a band... Just sayin'

Keep in mind that 'Inno Maths' is always confusing and often doesn't make sense. They can tell you that one thing boosts something by 100%, but then you realise it doesn't do what you expected because they always add percentages together. Either that, or the thing boosts somethings base value before everything else has been applied.

Why can't they use normal maths! And yes that'd be a great band name. :D

Pauly7

Magus
Ah yes, it's as I suspected then. I want to know just how useful the Mountain Halls is based on the extra percentage of goods it gives compared to if I didn't have it. It's not much really when you put it that way.
This is the thing, because it may be advertising that it gives you a 180% goods boost, but it doesn't do that at all. It's actually just adding 80% to your base output, before the 700% boost is added.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
This is the thing, because it may be advertising that it gives you a 180% goods boost, but it doesn't do that at all. It's actually just adding 80% to your base output, before the 700% boost is added.

The Elvenar way: smoke and mirrors.

Pauly7

Magus
And then you think... ah OK, so the 700% production boost must be 700% of the amount including the Mountain Halls bonus, but no... they don't do that either. It's 700% of the base value which is then added separately from the other 80%. Inno always uses additions where it creates a smaller number, even when it makes no mathematical sense what they're saying.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
And then you think... ah OK, so the 700% production boost must be 700% of the amount including the Mountain Halls bonus, but no... they don't do that either. It's 700% of the base value which is then added separately from the other 80%. Inno always uses additions where it creates a smaller number, even when it makes no mathematical sense what they're saying.

So is the Mountain Halls basically useless? I need space and not to be pouring KPs into something that isn't helpful. Of course there is the pop.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Twigjam I guess it just depends on how you play. I personally bypassed the Mountain Halls in favour of the Dwarven Bulwark because any boost to my troops is a bonus, plus space only gave me the option for one or the other. But I know a lot of Players who favour the Mountain Halls! So you know. Personal preference really!

Twigjam

Spellcaster
@Twigjam I guess it just depends on how you play. I personally bypassed the Mountain Halls in favour of the Dwarven Bulwark because any boost to my troops is a bonus, plus space only gave me the option for one or the other. But I know a lot of Players who favour the Mountain Halls! So you know. Personal preference really!

Since the tournament changes last year I've found that playing in the tournaments more with goods suits me better, which is why I've been upgrading my MHs a lot but now I'm disappointed in it.

Pauly7

Magus
o is the Mountain Halls basically useless? I need space and not to be pouring KPs into something that isn't helpful. Of course there is the pop.
Not at all. However, it is well to keep in mind whether a) The extra goods are going to be needed and b) whether the extra population is going to be needed. If the answer to both is no, then there's no point building it because it won't do anything other than increase how difficult it is to get tournament scores.

Assuming that you need those goods and pop though, then it's well worth having because Mountain Halls will end up with a much denser population than your residences. You could argue it's worth it for that alone. Over time it does give you a healthy amount of extra goods too. Certainly before the tournament change it was a no-brainer.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
Not at all. However, it is well to keep in mind whether a) The extra goods are going to be needed and b) whether the extra population is going to be needed. If the answer to both is no, then there's no point building it because it won't do anything other than increase how difficult it is to get tournament scores.

Assuming that you need those goods and pop though, then it's well worth having because Mountain Halls will end up with a much denser population than your residences. You could argue it's worth it for that alone. Over time it does give you a healthy amount of extra goods too. Certainly before the tournament change it was a no-brainer.

Thanks. How does it increase how difficult it is to get tournament scores? Do they take it into account when calculating tournament goods costs? Someone told me they don't take AWs into account for the tournaments.
I'll keep it; I feel happier about it now thanks to you. :)

Pauly7

Magus
Thanks. How does it increase how difficult it is to get tournament scores? Do they take it into account when calculating tournament goods costs? Someone told me they don't take AWs into account for the tournaments.
The calculation for tournament squad size (and goods cost) is now based on a complex web of factors. One of these factors is AWs. Each extra AW level that you have in your city increases the cost. Not only that, but it's multiplied (this is one time they're happy to use multiplication) by the other calculating factors, such as: How many city expansions you have and how many researches you have completed.

Twigjam

Spellcaster
The calculation for tournament squad size (and goods cost) is now based on a complex web of factors. One of these factors is AWs. Each extra AW level that you have in your city increases the cost. Not only that, but it's multiplied (this is one time they're happy to use multiplication) by the other calculating factors, such as: How many city expansions you have and how many researches you have completed.

Sheesh, it's back to the old squad size research problem! I'm glad I've only got 3 AWs in my city in the Orcs chapter. I'd rather upgrade a few to high levels than to spread the KPs across more of them. I'm going to stick to 3. Thanks, you're a mine of information Pauly!

Twigjam

Spellcaster

Does it also include Evolving buildings like the bears and workshop levels etc, i.e. everything?