• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

spire

how do I make the most of my city in the spire? I love The AWs so have quite a few both for troops and for goods, are they a hinderance in the spire. I have looked for some rules about the spire but can't find any that are relevant.

Jake65

Sage
AWs do affect the spire and tournament formula to make them more difficult (I don't know the exact numbers) but as far as I understand the benefit you gain from the AWs far outweighs the difficulty increase.
It does depend on the actual wonder, eg the abyss would add wonder levels to the difficulty formula without bringing any direct benefit whereas the needles or toad will increase your troop strength and directly help with tourney and spire fights.
Hopefully some other players will add their more informed comments :)

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Of all the things you can do to your city, wonders is one of that factors that is somewhat minimal. That doesn't mean you should go about building every single wonder. Still exercise discernment, but it affects costs less than adding plots or unlocking techs, for example. Unless, of course, you're like the .0001% doing 20k+ in tournament weekly. Then yeah, you will feel the variables a lot more in the really high provinces.