• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sorcerers & Dragons

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser1345

Sorcerers And Dragons is in Beta now, so it will be coming to the live game in a couple of weeks ( probably ) - I'd like to prepare for it now as much as reasonably possible.
Anyone have any tips?
I'd especially like to know how much open space will be needed to construct ( and upgrade ) the Campus and associated buildings.
I'd also like to have some idea how much Mana will still be needed - I have 9 Weeping Willows plus the Woodelves Habitat...and they occupy a lot of space. Will I still need that many for Mana production in S&D?

Any thoughts from players in Beta will be appreciated!
:)

DeletedUser1974

check out the Elvenar architect, it has the new building sizes. you will need a lot of space for the new academy, which is 10x10 at level 4. the other buildings (faculties) have to attached to it, clost to 16x16 or so

DeletedUser1829

Here is an image courtesy of fasdfTTT from US server. They used elven architect to help show some of the building changes. Nothing on the new guest race buildings just normal buildings and the changes.

2017-02-10_14-46-20.png

DeletedUser1353

My masterpiece:
qI4sG1p.png

Jokes aside, i'm looking forward to the challenge of doing this without premium expansions.

I think getting rid of the Merc Camp if you have it is a good idea, will free up some space/culture/pop, and it's not like the units produced there are useful. Can always build it up again when you're done with this guest race. Will also have to delete a bunch of residences to get space for the upgraded ones.

Waiting with the MH upgrade might be a good idea as well, since it cost a ton of mana/pop/culture (which you will need for other more important stuff) and the scaling of the neighborly help rewards is'nt that impressive.

Save up as many PoP spells as you can since the tool cost for research are very high in this guest race.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1345

.... i'm looking forward to the challenge of doing this without premium expansions.

I think getting rid of the Merc Camp ....

It's going to be a problem, placing the campus and all these new buildings, without removing other buildings which I need - or at least want.
If I knock down my taverns there could be a revolt.....

I've never bought any diamond-expansions ( nor any diamonds at all ), so space is tight.

Anyone else around who has never used any diamonds, yet who has finished the Wood Elves chapter?

Deleted User - 106219

Me, in Wyn world. I have already reserved the space for the campus and the buildings, I just need to compelte one more province to get the last expansion I need.

EDIT:
I think getting rid of the Merc Camp if you have it is a good idea, will free up some space/culture/pop, and it's not like the units produced there are useful.
The Blossom Mage is useful if you're an elf, since it is the only mage unit with a range above 3. Humans have their priests, but we elves are stuck with Bud Sorceress, Banshee and Blossom Mage. Only the last one has a range above 3.

DeletedUser1345

Me, in Wyn world. I have already reserved the space for the campus and the buildings.....

There's a few of us around, Shadow, who manage to get through the most advanced levels of the game and use no diamonds at all.
I do wonder at times, however, just how many of us there are. o_O

I've reserved some space for the incoming Sorcerers & Dragons, as well...though I suspect it's not quite enough.
I'll probably have to raze some culture buildings ...and accept a more intellectual but culturally backward city. :D

DeletedUser1829

I think getting rid of the Merc Camp if you have it is a good idea,
Just remember there is a buff coming to the troops of level 1 and 2 so this could make those units more useful. I already had a place for blossom mage and with promotions and buffs she could get quite interesting. Also the new valorian guard comes in the new chapter although it is later in the chapter.

Anyone else around who has never used any diamonds, yet who has finished the Wood Elves chapter?

My non-diamond towns are start/mid way through wood elves, I slowed there progress for winter event but am starting to move them faster now. Looking forward to the challenge.

Edit:
Did a quick check on Elven Architect and am guessing at 15 expansions for this race. Having done Orcs and Wood elves around 12 expansions I think I need to clear more space;). Looks like 372 squares so 14.8 expansions

cwgiii

Shaman
Non-diamond player here as well. I just entered the Orcs/Goblins Age and I plan to save all future expansions here and through the Woodelves in prep for Sorcerers & Dragons. It will certainly be tough. I would be far more advanced, but I intentionally slowed down advancement along the Knowledge Tree in order to obtain the AWs that I really wanted and to participate in the Winter event. I hear Orcs will take a while, so I will be plodding along for the foreseeable future.

DeletedUser1829

v1.23, there was a delay getting it to beta so will likely be a similar slight delay coming to live. Normally its 2 weeks from beta to live so it shouldn't take too long.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
week and a bit ago, so most likely we will see the new race here comming wednesday.
Unfortunatly I havent seen an announcement yet, which is rare since on some forums those are up like almost a week before.

DeletedUser1353

Seems like we'll have to wait another week or 2. As long as it means less bugs on release I'm fine with it. :p

Here's a picture made in ElvenarArchitect on maximum possible usage of lvl 4 campus compared to woodelves production (quest requirement):
sQZ43rZ.png

DeletedUser1829

Here's a picture made in ElvenarArchitect on maximum usage of lvl 4 campus compared to what was recommended for Woodelves:

It was stated quests are more like minimum recommended buildings and are closer to 2/3 of expected.

DeletedUser1353

It was stated quests are more like minimum recommended buildings and are closer to 2/3 of expected.

Ok my mistake. I felt however that the 6:4:4 grafting sites quest was a bit overkill and the recommendation then of 9:6:6 even more so to get through woodelves.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Ok my mistake. I felt however that the 6:4:4 grafting sites quest was a bit overkill and the recommendation then of 9:6:6 even more so to get through woodelves.
I'm sorry but the quest for woodelves was 6-6-4 grafting sites and that was exactly what I calculated for a good production (with 4 forest) according to my game speed... I planed a 75 days long production and I will finish the last woodelves research after only a little bit more than 2 months (64 days) thanks to my Blooming trader Guild bonus and because I first filled up all my free room with extra temporay forest fabrications to speed up building the graftings... ;)

DeletedUser1353

I'm sorry but the quest for woodelves was 6-6-4 grafting sites and that was exactly what I calculated for a good production (with 4 forest) according to my game speed... I planed a 75 days long production and I will finish the last woodelves research after only a little bit more than 2 months (64 days) thanks to my Blooming trader Guild bonus and because I first filled up all my free room with extra temporay forest fabrications to speed up building the graftings... ;)

Ah yes, 6-6-4 I mean! ><

I also did the 4 FF:s and kept the 6-6-4 for a while, but then I noticed the grafting sites were producing more resources than the FF:s could use up so I got rid of some of them again.

Status
Not open for further replies.