• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Forum Silly 'games' are just spam...

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
[Summary]

Last edited:

DeletedUser2119

And that's where you're wrong.
First off, I don't think anyone thinks it's "funny" to post in count to 10, it's just a thread where people can actually dosomething in the forums.
Second off, spam is pretty much what's keeping all the lower level players who can't actually chat in the high level discussions as they are completely and totally confused at everything that is going on.
I myself as a lower level player know this because I have looked at all the threads that you deem "more important" and I can find absolutely no way to contribute anything because I don't understand all that stuff (maybe because I'm young, who knows).
Spam is what's keeping this place alive for me, without spam, I'd probably just quit the forums (not that anyone would care) because I would just have no point in staying on the forums except for read the updates and the discussions that I don't understand.
Without spam, everything would pretty much be people discussing stuff and hating on inno and whatnot that really isn't interesting, like, I thought that spam would bring the community together and make this forum and all it's members, more active. But then again, every forum community is different, I came from forums where spam is one of the most popular things (next to roleplay and mafia), but this community is about talking about the actual game and high level game play and pretty much stuff that lower level people just don't understand.
Now, I'm not hating or anything, I can see why you would like the spam threads gone as you obviously like contributing in all the actual discussions, and I respect that, but I just wanted to say that spam is important as well, there won't be as many people here without spam, maybe just the people that have been playing the game longest or just those who spent alot of money on this game who will stay and maybe those who are just checking for updates, but quite frankly, there won't be as much activity.
I'm pretty sure some of the mods like to post in the spam threads just because they have some spare time and don't know what to do (now mods, don't lynch me if I'm wrong). So I would rather not see them go but if the majority wants them to go, there's not much I can do about it and I can only at best stay in the shadows and just look at updates, or just quit the forums and I'm pretty sure alot of the lower level people will too.

But then again, I could be wrong about all this and be the only person who wants the spam threads alive. So anyways, I may as well just sum this up. I. Don't. Want. Spam. Threads. Gone.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2119

Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to turn this into a game of insulting each other. But I will not insult people because I'm not like that. Now, do you have something to say that will actually prove my reasoning wrong?

Oh and btw, everybody who's watching this, go grab your popcorn, this might get a bit, "heated"

DeletedUser3

Hey folks - I'd just like to remind you of our forum rules, which say:
2. Be polite and constructive
Please help us keeping harmony in the community. Make sure that you treat others respectfully, do not insult anyone and remain polite. Aggressive, vulgar and provocative language will not be tolerated.
Report aggressive messages to the staff of moderators and never reply publicly to them. Reply to posts always in a civilized and constructive way.
Remember that we all have different backgrounds and different opinions. Respect is the key of the game!

Please play nicely from now on in this thread, as you would in any other. It would be a shame to have to lock the thread. Please also check your posts so far and amend them where necessary in the light of the above quoted rule. If you do not remove any rule breaches, I may need to put my mod boots on!

DeletedUser2119

Hey folks - I'd just like to remind you of our forum rules, which say:

Please play nicely from now on in this thread, as you would in any other. It would be a shame to have to lock the thread. Please also check your posts so far and amend them where necessary in the light of the above quoted rule. If you do not remove any rule breaches, I may need to put my mod boots on!
I have made edits to my posts and I think Ive made them as polite as I can without removing too many key points, If you have any problems with anything I didn't edit out that you think I should edit out, please tell me and I will do it.

So anyways, back on the topic of this thread. I'd say we just make a poll and have the rest of the forums vote for it, but if anyone else has a better suggestion, then I'll be glad to hear it, or if you just don't think this is worth a poll, tell me.

Deleted User - 1634960

Spam is unnecessary verbiage in a working thread, a discussion interrupted by triviality.
The games in the Lounge are just that, games. Entire threads of triviality designed and intended to keep it out of the working threads.
Just as those having a serious discussion get annoyed by someone interrupting with triviality, those playing the games would be rightfully annoyed if anyone interrupted with something serious.

Once you know what a thread is, reading it is your choice.