• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Setting all productions at once

DeletedUser487

[Summary]:
There would be a new tab which would allow players to set all productions with one click (i.e. set all workshops to 1 hour production).

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]:
Yes, two threads appeared one with this idea but I am going to show some visuals.

[Details]:
I and I believe others think it is so tedious having to set each workshop and manufactory by hand. As a player, I would like to see a new menu appear in which you can set all your productions to the same value with just one click. This would save time as well as potentially helping those with arthritis by not having to click as many times.

[Reasons for Implementing]:
This is purely a time saving exercise. Lots of us love the game but it can be tedious having to click every workshop to set the productions. I'd much rather be able to order all workshops to produce the same thing with one click. Others may like doing it the current way, which would still be available.

[Balance]:

No balancing, it would just save time.
[Visual Aids]:

The following are potential ways this could be implemented.

bv7QIsI.png
fd12R2m.png
6pgQyJB.png
KxkuAiW.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

How about automated collection of neighbourly/fellowship help ? ;) It would save hours a day.

DeletedUser3781

Yes please! This would make managing the city much less tedious.
In case someone didn't know, you can also set productions using numbers on the keyboard - that also makes things a little faster.

...(day farms don't produce silk though ;) )

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I previously suggested to have a premium option doing all automatically (same as your suggestion but pushed to its higher level, where is the limit ?) for the ones who think they can play without playing but it sems we still need to play by ourself... :p
My post : We still have to click...
inno's answer by Mufmuf : "Elvenar is not an "idle game", and it won't become one. So, we'll archive your suggestion. ;)"

Last edited:

DeletedUser3781

Okay, that's funny, I give you that ;)
But the OP's suggestion still involved substantial amount of clicking, just less then it is now.
It's like a management center: you send people out with your orders instead of going around and asking everyone individually: knock knock? workshop 1? please make bread, workshop 2, please make bread, workshop 3...
That's more dignified, hey? You're a Lord or Lady after all ;)

DeletedUser3781

Yeah, great! Would be even better if I could set them all in one click, especially my >60 shroom farms :D
Lots of clicking is never good... especially that we need to click a lot to do neighborly help too :| It comes to the point when I can feel that game taking toll on my wrist o_O

m4rt1n

Adept
I enjoy the game how it is and if it became too automated as suggested then see myself losing interest somewhat.
Maybe on the app though as I find if fiddly on my iphone to reset production and often get home to my pc to see missing ones I haven't started.

Aisling1

Conjurer
Wow... some of you guys are still collecting from the hood..???? once Tournaments became a FS thing, any reason for dealing with or interacting with the hood, became a boredom thing.. I only do it when I need coin.. the hood is dead, the FS is the thing. - and it's sad, and a less interactive Elvenar but we go with the flow.. or give up?

m4rt1n

Adept
The "Hood" I assume you mean wholesaler? I'm only here 3 months and many members are newer than me and reading if not posting here, and that is why I ask for a clearer language if that is ok or how will anyone new understand.
The game is made for playing with a lot of forward planning, and personally I am loving how I have to plan for this week, next week and what I will be able to put where in a months time. So far my plans have been working, but I put on hold for an event, then replan and work with the event to proceed. :)

cwgiii

Shaman
The "Hood" I assume you mean wholesaler?
I believe Aisling1 is referring to the World Map where a player can go to provide Neighborly Help to those provinces that have been discovered (i.e. their particular neighborhood), getting coin, and potentially goods and supplies in return as a reward.

Aisling1

Conjurer
Yes, I meant the neighbourhood.. discovered cities on the Map - It's a useful source of coin, and goods if you have the right AW, but I find I get far less visits back, visit less myself and have less interaction with neighbours since the Tournaments became a Fellowship affair.

DeletedUser487

Yes please! This would make managing the city much less tedious.
In case someone didn't know, you can also set productions using numbers on the keyboard - that also makes things a little faster.

...(day farms don't produce silk though ;) )

Yes I made a wee mistake with that haha.

Okay, that's funny, I give you that ;)
But the OP's suggestion still involved substantial amount of clicking, just less then it is now.
It's like a management center: you send people out with your orders instead of going around and asking everyone individually: knock knock? workshop 1? please make bread, workshop 2, please make bread, workshop 3...
That's more dignified, hey? You're a Lord or Lady after all ;)

This is probably the best description. I am not suggesting that Elvenar become a game where you constantly collect things which keep accumulating. I like the system as it is, but would rather be able to decide what I want to be producing with fewer clicks. That takes the fun out of the game for me to be honest.

DeletedUser487

I previously suggested to have a premium option doing all automatically (same as your suggestion but pushed to its higher level, where is the limit ?) for the ones who think they can play without playing but it sems we still need to play by ourself... :p
My post : We still have to click...
inno's answer by Mufmuf : "Elvenar is not an "idle game", and it won't become one. So, we'll archive your suggestion. ;)"

That's a shame that was the reply you got, the way we interact with production buildings needs to change imo.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
That's a shame that was the reply you got, the way we interact with production buildings needs to change imo.
But my suggestion was sarcastic because if we don't have to interact, this game will just be more borring... so their answer was wise for once ;)

5% of my really amazing time is when I get new upgrades...and tile-gaming while moving all the buildings
5% of my daily activity is collecting, do some tournaments, setting new productions
90% of my time is chating, waiting something to happen...
So, really, collecting goods or setting new production isn't really a problem... sorry :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser3781

Wow... some of you guys are still collecting from the hood..???? once Tournaments became a FS thing, any reason for dealing with or interacting with the hood, became a boredom thing.. I only do it when I need coin.. the hood is dead, the FS is the thing. - and it's sad, and a less interactive Elvenar but we go with the flow.. or give up?

It's not like there's any interaction with all those dead cities, I just do it for money (when I really need it, like the beginning of the orcs tech tree left me penniless o_o).

Back to the main topic:
Deciding what I want to do with my city and figuring out how to do it most efficiently is the source of fun for me in this game, not clicking... If the interface was voice based and took commands like 'set all the elixirs to 3 hrs' that would still be the same game for me.
Also, they remade tournaments so that there is less clicking now (4 encounters instead of 8), did it make any one of you having less fun..?