• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sentient trading observation

Deleted User - 341074

I don't understand the issue with decay on trades.
If you set a 1000 for 1000 trade (2*), BOTH side decay at the same rate so they remain 2* trades.
Who mentioned an issue with decay changing stars?
Are you talking about my post? The issue there is that if your 2-star trade doesn't get taken for a whole day then you are 10% poorer, and you have to redo the trade because now, even if someone takes it, you won't have enough for the tech/upgrade that you were trying to get.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Just an observation, but being in both Arendyll and Winyandor, the sentient trading in Arendyll is appalling!. It is mainly 0-star and 1-star. Winyandor is much more "normal", so what is the problem in Arendyll? I understand the problems in that large quantities of sentient goods are needed for the tree task boxes and I realise sentient goods production can easily be restricted for various reasons, but the answer is not bad trading. Apart from the slowness of persuading enough others to accept your poor trades (daily decay is apparent in many of the trades offered) it is still very difficult to get sufficient of the goods required to avoid the effects of daily decay on your own stocks. Lots of time instants, manufacturing spells, a storm phoenix and a couple of hours every now and then is the way to do it - at least that's what works for me. I find sentient trade in Arendyll disappointing.

Observations of which trades are aviable are pointless.
Because to few people post trades and all suckers only look at whats aviable.
Thats where "traders" look for, players who are unwilling to post there own trades and wait a bit. aka lazy people.

It's very simple, If I post 2 star trades are the picked up in a resonable time?
If the answer is yes, then there is absolutely no issue. just post your trades.

If the answer is no, then you have an observation.

As long as the market flows there is no issue.

Gargon667

Mentor
So according to your theory people who lose most to decay are those who put up 0 star trades, right? because their trades are up forever all the time.
People that put up 3 star trades have no loss at all because their trades get taken in no time.
I still fail to see the big problem. Nobody is forced to accept the trades, one could even see it as a service for the desparate lol, but if you want to have the service of having goods available 24/7 you need to pay for that luxury. If you don´t want to pay a premium, put up your own trades and wait. Your choice.

Deleted User - 341074

So according to your theory people who lose most to decay are those who put up 0 star trades, right? because their trades are up forever all the time.
People that put up 3 star trades have no loss at all because their trades get taken in no time.
What you're missing is the market manipulators running the show. They take decent trades and repost them as bad ones.
Like a guy buying up all of the produce at the grocery store and selling it for 20% more in the parking lot.
They add nothing of value to the game and are just running their own little side game for entertainment at the expense of others.

Yes, you can post your own and hope to get a fair trade taken before decay, but if those parasites didn't exist you wouldn't have to.

Gargon667

Mentor
What you're missing is the market manipulators running the show. They take decent trades and repost them as bad ones.
Like a guy buying up all of the produce at the grocery store and selling it for 20% more in the parking lot.
They add nothing of value to the game and are just running their own little side game for entertainment at the expense of others.

Yes, you can post your own and hope to get a fair trade taken before decay, but if those parasites didn't exist you wouldn't have to.
why? I always have to post trades if I want them taken and I really don´t care who takes them as long as they are taken... neither do I care what they do with the stuff once they have it. They can spend it on research or fill their coffers and let it decay for all I care...

Deleted User - 341074

I always have to post trades if I want them taken
Before these manipulators took over you used to actually be able to find trades very easily.
Think about it, for any trade to happen, one must post and another must find, right?
Well, one of those 2 is much harder than it needs to be.

Gargon667

Mentor

Also if you so dislike the available offers, don´t bother going in to look at them ever, just go right to the "post a trade" tab and post whatever you want. It will get take and you´ll never know or care what other people do.

Deleted User - 341074

Also if you so dislike the available offers, don´t bother going in to look at them ever, just go right to the "post a trade" tab and post whatever you want. It will get take and you´ll never know or care what other people do.
I know, you're not listening:
It doesn't have to be that way, it could be better.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I give away all of my T4-6 to my FS at 8:1, but I want the game to thrive and be better for others.
free.png

Gargon667

Mentor
I know, you're not listening:
It doesn't have to be that way, it could be better.

I don't have a dog in this fight, I give away all of my T4-6 to my FS at 8:1, but I want the game to thrive and be better for others.
View attachment 5287

No you´re not listening: I DON´T CARE what people offer, I post what I want and I get it taken. I am happy.

If I or anyone in our FS wants to give away goods we tell our friends to put up 0 star trades which we then accept.

Deleted User - 341074

I post what I want and I get it taken. I am happy.
Yeah but... the idea of fixing it isn't for YOU, so your happiness isn't really an issue, is it?
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for you that your trades get taken and you don't have a problem. Maybe consider that there are other players though?:oops:

Gargon667

Mentor
Yeah but... the idea of fixing it isn't for YOU, so your happiness isn't really an issue, is it?
Don't get me wrong, I'm really happy for you that your trades get taken and you don't have a problem. Maybe consider that there are other players though?:oops:
Whose trades don´t get taken?

Deleted User - 341074

Whose trades don´t get taken?
Other players who post at 1:1 or even slightly better. Mostly bismuth for soap or shrooms.
The manipulators do it very simply, here's an example:

They take all 2* or better offers of soap or shrooms but ignore all offers of bizmuth.

So any Soap or Shrooms boosted player has no problem because they grab any of the dozens of Bizmuth offers, or just post and either a normal player or a manipulator grabs it. EZ.
If you are boosted in Bizmuth though you have a much harder time because there are never any players asking for it and the competition offering it is fierce.

Some manipulators even go so far as to use their FS members to post dozens of 110-120% small bizmuth trades to create a fake market value so for your bizmuth offer to be at the top requires a 30% discount

CrazyWizard

Shaman

as long as I have played this game which is over 5 years ago.
I have always seen a shortage of goods placed on the marker.

The chances to grab something you need is slim.
So what has changed?
Before these manipulators took over you used to actually be able to find trades very easily.
Think about it, for any trade to happen, one must post and another must find, right?
Well, one of those 2 is much harder than it needs to be.

thats not my exprience... unless something is in to overdemand or in undersupply.

For example when a new chapter is introduced and the first research asks for gum tree. you can bet tha if you have gum tree you can find whatever you want on the markter. and if you do not have gumtree find nothng on the market.

Some people really believe that a few can manipulate the market effectively, you give them way to much credit.
maybe on a smaller server, but i highly doubt that.

I am pretty sure any market produces more goods then any trader could ever handle.
It's just people who are to much looking on the market and not enough posting. they rather take a 0* trade and blame the market than posting it themselves and wait anywhere between a few seconds and a few hours.

This is the generation of instant gratification. it must be quick, it must be now, taking your time is foul language.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Other players who post at 1:1 or even slightly better. Mostly bismuth for soap or shrooms.
The manipulators do it very simply, here's an example:

They take all 2* or better offers of soap or shrooms but ignore all offers of bizmuth.

So any Soap or Shrooms boosted player has no problem because they grab any of the dozens of Bizmuth offers, or just post and either a normal player or a manipulator grabs it. EZ.
If you are boosted in Bizmuth though you have a much harder time because there are never any players asking for it and the competition offering it is fierce.

Some manipulators even go so far as to use their FS members to post dozens of 110-120% small bizmuth trades to create a fake market value so for your bizmuth offer to be at the top requires a 30% discount

So of there is an oversupply of bismut. then it's the fault of market manipulators?
And how do they get rid of that that extra bismut they now have (and don't need)
I mean they do need soap and shrooms right? because nobody wants bismut.

btw these days on the server I play most the whole bismut thing no longer exists.
Any trade any type is picked up fairly quick. I no longer need to help out my fellows in a long long time now.