• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Sentient goods not balanced?

cwgiii

Shaman
Of course, Inno has the data (or certainly could get it) on trades: how many at a particular time, by timezone/location, by item, by fellowship, by individuals (big spenders, regular traders), etc..

Bottom line, Inno themselves acknowledge imbalances, for more than a year (again, if memory serves). The question is when/if they will do anything about it. AND, what that may entail, specifically. I shudder to think of what might be nerfed next.

Gargon667

Mentor
I did an experiment and the trades definitely decay on both sides.
Which begs the question, WHY are there so many one star trades?

People put them up on purpose of course. They think they offer something other people are happy to pay extra for and they like to make a profit. Every server usually has a few people that do this oon a big scale gaining lots of goods simply by trading and using supply and demand as their business model. They will offer rare goods at 1 star trades while gaining them in 2 star trades.

There are also people that get help from their FS by posting bad trades.

Well and then there still are all the fools that think that goods in the trader don´t decay at all, so they put up 0 star trades (not intending them to be taken at all) hoping to save their goods from decay lol.

Mr.Dave

Alchemist
Heya @Mr.Dave
I have 5 accounts that are scroll boosted. On Winyandor I have the exact same boosts as yourself, and I have no trouble with trades although sometimes I wait for silk. My sentient trades get picked up within an hour to an hour and a half as a rule.
I do not recall seeing any of your trades, but I will offer this advice: know your market. I trade 50 to 100k at a time for all regular tiers. I trade sentients from 10 to 25k at a time, and I rarely expect trades to be taken in the final day of Spire. Otherwise, I have no real issue. I hope you solve this dilemma.
So much good help here, much appreciated. I've had a few days to work with this and I have been able to make some not-too-bad trades for Platinum and Moonstone. I'm also using a Magical Manufacturing spell every day. So between the spell and frequent trader visits and a lot of patience, I think I can make this work.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I did an experiment and the trades definitely decay on both sides.
Which begs the question, WHY are there so many one star trades?
A lot of people are unwilling to post the trades themselves and wait untill others pick them up.
Some people take advantage of this mentality, they post a lot of 1* trades because people who arent willing to passive trade see only these trades and pick those up instead.

This creates a profit in goods for those that trade these goods.