• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

See when a player last logged in

• Thread starter DeletedUser5093
  • Start date

DeletedUser5093

Could we get some means to see when other players last logged in? This would help people identify whether other players are active, which would be useful for:
- fellowships to easily identify and eject inactive players and make room for active ones
- identifying which neighbours are likely to return neighbourly help
- finding fellowships to join that have active archmages, and a large proportion of active players (and avoid the abandoned fellowships)

It doesn't matter too much how this is implemented. Perhaps a note somewhere listing their last login date, or colour-coding on their player name just to narrow it down to a range, e.g. green = logged in within last 48 hours, yellow = within last week, orange = within last month, red = more than a month. Either system would be helpful.

Thoughts?

cwgiii

Shaman
I agree this would be helpful.
I personally keep track of this data in a spreadsheet (for my fellows activity, for neighbors visits and trading habits, and potential recruits as new fellows. Note: I am an Arch Mage of my fellowship, so I don't plan to join another fellowship).

DeletedUser3097

@UlyssesBlue,

Another thread about this topic was started recently. You may be interested in what was said:

Last Loggin Time Fellows

I usually send a message to people I haven't seen for a while, and put their name and the date sent in the title so I can quickly find the message again. The main problem with this is that you can't see messages on the app at the moment so it might be missed.

DeletedUser5093

Thanks for your feedback.

The issue is that there isn't a good solution available at the moment. For fellowships, tracking scores, neighbourly help or tournament/event contributions will certainly pick up most active players, and I already do this in mine, but this does require considerable effort and will miss those who haven't done any of these things recently. Trying to do this with neighbours gets considerably time consuming for more advanced players with many neighbours, so mostly isn't worthwhile. Messaging people also has its problems because of the app issues, or people just not checking them, or people not being fluent enough in English to reply. And if you're trying to find a new fellowship with active players there's no way to see that at all since you wouldn't have been keeping track of scores for fellowships you're not in.

Essentially the only way to achieve this at the moment is through considerably time and effort, and will still give some false negatives, whereas some sort of indicator would give this information at a glance.

One of the comments in the other thread mentioned a possible privacy issue. That's a fair point, but the colour-coding system I suggested would address this as it wouldn't give an exact date or time, and would therefore only tell us what we can mostly already determine from methods such as score tracking. The difference is it would just be easier to see this information at a glance, rather than spending a week recording details or messaging players.

cwgiii

Shaman
I totally agree with you. All true. And I would LOVE a solution like yours.

But, I believe I remember, that the response from the devs has been that there are current ways to get this info. So, this would be a low priority, if ever considered. Age old response.

I applaud your thought process and effort to resurrect this. Just pointing out history.

DeletedUser4149

recruiting cities that are neighbors doesn't help much. they are already trading partners and can probably visit. finding cities w/o fellowships easier in tournament rankings would be helpful. being able to see an icon on the map for a city that is logged in would also be helpful to let us know if a city is active and w/o a fellowship or worth visiting. the color coding mentioned above would be nice. something even more basic could still help.