• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

User Interface Production Buildings: Separate the regular Produce button from the button to spend Diamonds

• Thread starter Deleted User - 106219
  • Start date

Deleted User - 106219

[Summary]: In the different production buildings (such as Copper Foundry and Day Farm) separate the normal Produce button from the button to spend Diamonds

[Have you checked for similar ideas?]: Didn't see anything similar

[Details]: Currently if you lack the resources to produce something the Normal Produce button is replaced by a button to spend Diamonds. For example the Day Farm:
DayFarm.png
This can cause confusion in players and make it seem like we MUST spend Diamonds to proceed even though that is not the case. Some evidence for the possible confusion:
- this post where a player thought you can't get Ambrosia without Diamonds
- this thread where the poster thought producing Copper requires Diamonds.
There are probably more such cases that I don't know about, and there are likely players who left the game without saying anything, just because mistakenly thought they must spend Diamonds to advance.

When we lack the resources to produce something have the normal Produce button turn into an inactive button that says "Insufficent Resources", and have the button to spend Diamonds appear below that one to make it clear that spending Diamonds is otpional and not required.

[Reasons for Implementing]: To avoid confusing players.

[Balance]:
No changes in game balance.

Deleted User - 106219

DeletedUser1295

Could a mod say if this suggestion has been (at the very least) read and noticed?

Looking at this thread in the US forum it's quite obvious that there's a lot of confusion about Diamonds, specifically people thinking that Diamonds are required for things, such as to proceed with research. I believe changing the interface the way I suggest would help at least somewhat with avoiding confusion.

I can vouch that it has been read by our local team!
Also I agree that some kind of extra information might need to be added, in order to prevent confusion.
I even think a suggestion like this has been forwarded, but atm I'm not sure and will need to do some forum searching on this.