• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Diamonds Mandatory?

DeletedUser1683

Can the game be played to its end without needing to spend on Diamonds?

DeletedUser

Easily. Playing without Diamonds just takes a bit longer and your city will never be quite as large.

DeletedUser1683

Taking longer I can understand. Never quite as large because .... ?

DeletedUser1295

In theory every player should be able to acquire all expansions to fill the buildable city grid.
Now, let me see if I can get my math right :p

Each expansion consists of 5x5 tiles, each city starts with the equivalent of 6 expansions.
The total available city grid currently consists of 81 '5x5 expansion spaces' and once the Fairy Chapter becomes available 9 '5x5 expansion spaces' will added giving room for a total of 90 5x5 'expansion spaces'.

I will start counting as if the Fairy Chapter is already available - that way my answer will remain valid for a longer time ;)
90 minus the 6 'expansions' that each city starts with leaves us with 84 '5x5 expansions' that can be placed within the city grid.
31 expansions can be acquired by completing researches in the Research Tree, leaving us with 53 possible expansions on the city grid.

64 expansions can be aquired by completing provinces. For acquiring 53 expansions one will need to complete 388 provinces! *
19 expansions can be bought with diamonds (depending on the level of the Main Hall).

* ... and I guess this is what Katwijk is referring to when he says your city may never be quite as large... It will imho indeed be very difficult to complete the amount of 388 provinces needed, since exploring a new province may become impossible due to the fact that you may not be able to store the amount of coins needed for a new exploration.

I am very curious to hear if anyone has yet stumbled on this limitation!!!

Deleted User - 13667

Well... it would become possible if there is one or 2 more research to reduce scouting costs by 50% each:)

Im around 2mil a piece of exploration... it is indeed very costly

DeletedUser1683

In theory every player should be able to acquire all expansions to fill the buildable city grid.
Now, let me see if I can get my math right :p

Each expansion consists of 5x5 tiles, each city starts with the equivalent of 6 expansions.
The total available city grid currently consists of 81 '5x5 expansion spaces' and once the Fairy Chapter becomes available 9 '5x5 expansion spaces' will added giving room for a total of 90 5x5 'expansion spaces'.

I will start counting as if the Fairy Chapter is already available - that way my answer will remain valid for a longer time ;)
90 minus the 6 'expansions' that each city starts with leaves us with 84 '5x5 expansions' that can be placed within the city grid.
31 expansions can be acquired by completing researches in the Research Tree, leaving us with 53 possible expansions on the city grid.

64 expansions can be aquired by completing provinces. For acquiring 53 expansions one will need to complete 388 provinces! *
19 expansions can be bought with diamonds (depending on the level of the Main Hall).

* ... and I guess this is what Katwijk is referring to when he says your city may never be quite as large... It will imho indeed be very difficult to complete the amount of 388 provinces needed, since exploring a new province may become impossible due to the fact that you may not be able to store the amount of coins needed for a new exploration.

I am very curious to hear if anyone has yet stumbled on this limitation!!!

Am interesting read, thanks, Zanyah :)

DeletedUser1683

Well... it would become possible if there is one or 2 more research to reduce scouting costs by 50% each:)

Im around 2mil a piece of exploration... it is indeed very costly

Wow, that's expensive!

DeletedUser

Wow, that's expensive!
*waves* Welcome to the forums Penjara! :)

While it is expensive to negotiate: it's not half as bad when the result of completing such provinces is the discovery of a new, regular trade partner. The elimination of the trader's fee makes a huge difference when trading several thousand goods. Eventually the negotiation costs even pay off and you start making a "profit" in comparison so-to-speak. :p

DeletedUser1683

*waves* Welcome to the forums Penjara! :)

While it is expensive to negotiate: it's not half as bad when the result of completing such provinces is the discovery of a new, regular trade partner. The elimination of the trader's fee makes a huge difference when trading several thousand goods. Eventually the negotiation costs even pay off and you start making a "profit" in comparison so-to-speak. :p

Lol! Hi my favourite Neighbour! :D (Don't tell the others, they'll get jealous! lol) Cheers for the welcome, I thought I'd come and make a nuisance of myself ;)

Actually, I've only once needed something so bad and in a hurry and I paid the trader's fee!

pertm

Seeker
I have seen that coins storage will limit exploration but not am not anywhere getting there though if I had explored my most expensive province before fairies the next province from that would be more than I could pay.

Deleted User - 13667

No idea how you link the negotiation costs to exploration cost. I was on scouting / exploring a province before even making battle encounters.

There are quite a few advance scouts in the research tree to lower exploration costs. I should be paying the least among the advance players since I did stop exploration for quite a while every now and then..

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Okay so now we know it is manadatory to spend cash (diamonds) to play this game. A lot of the new Fairy techs (buildings & expansions) need ambrosia which is only produced by spending diamonds.

I do realise that there are many features that are gained through spending diamonds and have done that quite a few times myself but to HAVE to spend diamonds to complete the tech tree and build things needed to get to the end of the tree imo is WRONG

So disappointed with this game :(

DeletedUser

ambrosia which is only produced by spending diamonds.
That's simply not true. The diamonds show because you don't have the goods, on hand, for that item.
This is why you will see a premium option to get Ambrosia when you first open the production window on the Day Farm. However, as soon as you build the Night Farm and have enough of Fireflies to produce this Good, you will see its button green as the others.
https://en.wiki.elvenar.com/index.php?title=Day_Farm#Collecting_Productions

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
I'm glad to hear that. I've not built the night farm yet so that information isn't available to me and I still think it's shabby and shortsighted of Elvenar developers to make it look like many of the roads forward in the tech tree are only by spending diamonds. Hopefully those reaching the day farm have some people to hand to enlighten them before they head for the door

Deleted User - 106219

DeletedUser1295

Seems like that needs to be changed to make it more obvious that using Diamonds is optional and NOT mandatory. I doubt Geminatrix is going to be the only one confused.
I never looked at it that way, but indeed it might be confusing...
Perhaps adding the words 'OR activate with:' above the diamonds button might also do the trick?

Maybe someone could make this a suggestion here?
(using the suggestions template pls ;) )

Last edited by a moderator: