• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Prepare for the Masquerade Event

DeletedUser441

Re : Dyliecky
Sell a culture building that you can replace later. If you've got population build a goods manufactory , if not , a residence . Goods 'factories go up quickly . Build to 10 , then 12 . When completed simply sell. Same for builds to level 4. :)

DeletedUser2233

Re : Dyliecky
Sell a culture building that you can replace later. If you've got population build a goods manufactory , if not , a residence . Goods 'factories go up quickly . Build to 10 , then 12 . When completed simply sell. Same for builds to level 4. :)

I do not got a lot of building that i can break down most has population on them .I already deleted 1 that didn't and put another with population on it .How ever its a good idea to break down a culture building for more room for a temporarily build

thanks

DeletedUser3466

So far I am just about able to take part (but only because from the beginning I have planned my city to have a few upgraded manufactories instead of lots and lots of little ones so I have left myself room to grow but not everyone has the space to build and tear down as needed! That said) I am enjoying the event but I wish there was a list of the levels so I could plan out (and give other players) a heads up of what to expect so we could build up resources before hand, especially with short event times like this one (5 days!!!) Unboosted resources take A LOT of time to accumulate but if I knew 2 levels away I would need them I could get ready and start manufacturing them ahead of time.
:)

m4rt1n

Adept
It's very easy with planning to tear down something like a culture that requires a one rebuild for space. Space is always possible for me for level 1 extra buildings 2x2 using a little thought even if one goes at the end of every road by removing a little road. :)

From the very early stages of the game to where I am now just starting chapter 6, has required much movement, even thinking to move roads (occasionally having to delete and rebuild the odd 1x1 road block as a last resort) to make a temporary space to move buildings.

Without spending a penny, I am already half way through the event. I would be almost to the waiting days for the 9 and 24 hour production if I had notice but was /am already fully invested in the current Gems tournament, but that is helping well with the relics required. :)

DeletedUser3781

I wish there was a list of the levels so I could plan out (and give other players) a heads up of what to expect so we could build up resources before hand, especially with short event times like this one (5 days!!!)
There is a list
- Produce Beverages 50 times
- Produce Bread 30 times
- Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to Level 10 or higher
- Solve 26 Encounters or gain 26 Relics
- Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
- Produce Simple Tools 40 times
- Gain 14 Relics
- Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 4 or higher
- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions)
- Spend 23 Knowledge Points
- Produce Basket of Groceries 12 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 12 productions)
- Produce Toolbox 10 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (same as above)

DeletedUser3466

There is a list
- Produce Beverages 50 times
- Produce Bread 30 times
- Scout 1 Province or upgrade 1 Building to Level 10 or higher
- Solve 26 Encounters or gain 26 Relics
- Research 1 Technology or upgrade 1 building to level 12 or higher
- Produce Simple Tools 40 times
- Gain 14 Relics
- Upgrade 4 Buildings to Level 4 or higher
- Produce Advanced Tools 16 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 16 productions)
- Spend 23 Knowledge Points
- Produce Basket of Groceries 12 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (almost the amount of supplies you'll get from the 12 productions)
- Produce Toolbox 10 times and Gain a good amount of Supplies (same as above)
Where was this posted? And why is it considered a spoiler?

But looking at this list there is NO WAY to plan for this.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser2233

i am not nearly half ways there .just on third quest like i said time is an issue even when u have no prepare time .the build ups take a lot of time . 3 hours is nothing just for 1 build .then time only goes up so i am now at 5 hours .And also still got the counter running for my scout .But this is really not pretty .I am not a happy girl .More frustrated lol Really do not want to do quests like this .

Witch at this point will be hoping that i am in time to take the last tournament for all those relics if not ,with in time of 28 hours i do not see it happen at all

Would be nice to even have some temporary timed spaces with a quest cause this really sucks .

With a quest like this ,you need to be able to upgrade directly ,not having to wait ages and ages .til you got a long beard .
And space to put in some extra.

Sure a lvl one is always ok those i can handle to put any where .But that is not the point .The point is 5 days for hours of hours of builds.And after that relics.
You need to be in the right spot of you're game just to finish this one .Ridiculous

If i have to delete for a temporary building site it will be a big culture building like the pond .Cause i do not have anything else that can be put back later .That is the thing .Rest are quest items with population .Or big ones without population like the auction building, that i can not miss and will not be able to put back.

cwgiii

Shaman
Thanks Trufsonia. It is true that many players do not want to know in advance about what to expect in an event. They like that element of surprise. And it is also true (in my opinion) that many events would be impossible to complete without knowing this information in advance, especially if you are not at your computer 24/7 (some of us have regular 9-5 jobs).

For previous events, the Beta server(s) have had access to the event about two weeks earlier than the main servers. There, many of the players go out of their way to document the quest line so that the rest of us can benefit from their hind sight. By knowing the list, we can plan (Ex: going ahead and starting a Power of Provision spell creation 24 hours before the actual event even starts, so that it is ready to "harvest" immediately upon request. Upgrades can be started strategically to complete approximately when needed, long productions can be staggered to harvest in succession, or even new level 1 manufactures can be created to handle large numbers of production requests). With previous knowledge of the quest line progression, it is possible to plan and prepare so that anyone can go complete the event in quick fashion.

But be careful, it can be difficult to time things so that you don't mess up the order. If you accidentally collect the Power of Provision spell a bit early, then you might be waiting 2 - 3 days to rebuild the requirement again.

Timneh

Artisan
i am not nearly half ways there .just on third quest like i said time is an issue even when u have no prepare time .the build ups take a lot of time . 3 hours is nothing just for 1 build .then time only goes up so i am now at 5 hours .And also still got the counter running for my scout .But this is really not pretty .I am not a happy girl .More frustrated lol Really do not want to do quests like this .

Witch at this point will be hoping that i am in time to take the last tournament for all those relics if not ,with in time of 28 hours i do not see it happen at all

Would be nice to even have some temporary timed spaces with a quest cause this really sucks .

With a quest like this ,you need to be able to upgrade directly ,not having to wait ages and ages .til you got a long beard .
And space to put in some extra.

Sure a lvl one is always ok those i can handle to put any where .But that is not the point .The point is 5 days for hours of hours of builds.And after that relics.
You need to be in the right spot of you're game just to finish this one .Ridiculous

If i have to delete for a temporary building site it will be a big culture building like the pond .Cause i do not have anything else that can be put back later .That is the thing .Rest are quest items with population .Or big ones without population like the auction building, that i can not miss and will not be able to put back.

I personally think about wether the prize at the end of the event is worth the effort to complete the quests and for this event the prize is most certainly not worth it. I am in orcs chapter so the building would give me supplies and i have all i need from my workshops, if i find i need more i can upgrade them as they are several upgrades away from being at maximum level.The culture from the event building is far too low to bother with and i would only sell the building again in 2 or 3 weeks to make space for the woodelves where i will need mana but this building will not give it as event buildings stay the same as when you win them. For me this event would be a waste of time and would slow down the progression of my city(some people are starting to think that is what these events are for).

DeletedUser2233

I personally think about wether the prize at the end of the event is worth the effort to complete the quests and for this event the prize is most certainly not worth it. I am in orcs chapter so the building would give me supplies and i have all i need from my workshops, if i find i need more i can upgrade them as they are several upgrades away from being at maximum level.The culture from the event building is far too low to bother with and i would only sell the building again in 2 or 3 weeks to make space for the woodelves where i will need mana but this building will not give it as event buildings stay the same as when you win them. For me this event would be a waste of time and would slow down the progression of my city(some people are starting to think that is what these events are for).

I 100 % agree with you :)

It is not worth the time .And i do hope they won't do it ever again .

At this point i am just collecting I prolly wont even put it down like some other buildings it will end up in my inventory .:rolleyes::oops:

However i do like to do quests just not the same ones every time .And those are the builds up and the relics those bother me the most .Would be nice to just think of some other quests .

DeletedUser1882

Its not to soon the quest stinks
they aren t fun they do not match with anything in the game
repeat repeat Do so many encounters well that one counts out alot of players
Pay good s why Why would I pay goods this does not make any sense to me
everything done is done for the high scoring 24 hour diamond buying players
just like the new adventure great idea lousy prizes only top 3 fellowships win anything
another high player event
So it comes down to why bother
I just want to build my game

DeletedUser3182

I can't be bothered to do Masquerade II. I did Masquerade I, because it could fit in with how I play my city more for the main prize, which is pretty and sort of handy for tools (though at my level I'm usually frittering tools in the Wholesaler.

Masquerade II is so mind-numbingly boring and little in the way of worthwhile rewards, that I decided it just wasn't worth my time or effort. . I have an inventory full of instants I've not used and unlikely to do so. I do not need yet another culture which gives tools and little other return.

However, 50 x beverages and 40x simple tools, trying to achieve the amount of relics in F world or the time it will take up is ludicrous.

It's not even level dependent, which means it's not realistic for the smaller or newer players and not interesting for the higher players.

I am not privy to the developer's thoughts, they seem impenetrable at the best of times, but what on earth were they thinking when they devised this marathon of incredibly silly tasks. Yes, of course, you can build extra workshops if you have the space, though as I found for the previous event, it also requires extra residences to give population. Is this really what an event should be forcing us to do, build and tear down, just for a few instants and a virtually useless (to me) prize?

I have a city in F which doesn't have any spare space and many newer players can't afford to build and lose 50% of the supplies and coins. Other than that it means sitting waiting for the five minutes and collecting multiple times, or worse trying to get the 40 simple tools, 16 advanced tools, 12 groceries and 10 tool boxes: (is that even feasible or possible in the time allowed, for most players who don't sit 24/7 in their cities).. 26 + 13 relics - maybe from the tournament; but, again this is forcing actions on players, for no real advantage, which they neither need nor want, to complete several provinces just for this event.

Frankly for the pitiful rewards, including the main prize, this is just not worth the effort.

Also, there will be another event along almost before we've recovered from this one.

One final thought the recent events seem to indicate that the developers have run out of ideas regarding tasks and quests and are just recycling them over and over, instead of devising imaginative and enjoyable tasks and more quests relevant to players of all levels. I did wonder if they are moving towards a pay to play game, but that begs the question - who would pay to get anything in this event or the last two?

Deleted User - 106219

Like the above poster I gave up on this event. I made it to the "Solve 26 encounters or gain 26 Relics" quest and gave up because:
1) Continuing would disrupt my noprmal play and my cities way too much
2) The rewards are simply not worth it for me, even if I had the space for the grand prize

The second part of this event is just too boring and unrewarding to be worth the effor in any of my cities. I'll probably skip it on Beta, too, once it gets releazed there.

DeletedUser2233

Seems to me everybody is gasping for something new and exiting :rolleyes: ,this one definitely did not hit that spot .:p

Although i went thru the motion of it and i still got it ,it is so bad that it is not worth the space .Witch we already knew.
The quest-line was simply boring and the actions were even more boring and often not in sync.with the players position in the game.

When you are maxed out and you have to wait to get a new tech for houses or buildings not that much fun .
Also when you have very little space then it becomes a frustration .And as the game play is you are always lacking space.So how do you intend to make such quests where you need more space ,but in the mean time making sure the player doesn't have space.Cause that is crucial for the game play and not much space is given.

wow i think that went over my head o_O

DeletedUser3182

Oh, great.

My sister has just accidentally collected one of the Toolboxes needed for the last stage of the quest. With 18 hours left in the quest, she now has no chance of completing it. She's quite upset.

Great job alienating and frustrating new players :(

Just a thought for future events. If you disconnect the workshop(s) from the roads - by taking away the square that connects them or even moving them if you have space - you can suspend them ready for the time needed in the task. Also this works if you need to build w/s or manufactories for events or on a temporary basis and don't have enough pop - build level 1 residences and then move them and they retain their population, but no coins obviously.

My sympathies for your sister. I absolutely agree about frustration of this event, coupled with the almost irrational repetition of multiple supplies. I don't even know why they needed to do 1 or 2 day tools for this event. With the number required, time was obviously going to be one of the most important issues. Not their finest hour.

DeletedUser3184

Sorry, Rewards are not worth the resources squandered to get them.

DeletedUser1860

Oh, great.

My sister has just accidentally collected one of the Toolboxes needed for the last stage of the quest. With 18 hours left in the quest, she now has no chance of completing it. She's quite upset.

Great job alienating and frustrating new players :(

It's worth contacting support and explaining, they may be willing to sort something out.