• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Prepare for the Masquerade Event

Deleted User - 106219

1) Too soon after the previous event
2) Too expensive - most "quests" demand that we pay goods, and WAY too many goods
3) The rewards are a joke - I mean, 1 minute Instants? One MINUTE? When upgrading my Main Hall takes 2 full days (and that's with a Builders' Hut boost)?
4) For some mysterious reason we are required to produce non-boosted goods, so we are forced to build non-boosted manufactories that we will tear down as soon as we are done with the event

Overall this is a very diappointing event, and the worst part is that, according to what Marindor said on Beta, no changes will be made to it because of how little time there is until the event comes to live. So we're stuck with a very expensive event. Sure, the reward is pretty, but that does not make up for the bad stuff.

DeletedUser3542

I too think it's maybe too soon after march of the nerds, erum i mean herds :confused: it was a typo i tell ya, but what the heck i'll give it a chance and see how it goes before i decide whether to run with it or away from it :eek:

Timneh

Artisan
I agree this event is much too soon after herds event, only just getting my T3 goods built back up after it. Even if you use all the time booster spells you can win it only adds up to 2hrs 3mins, on a 2 day+ upgrade that does not make all that much difference imo. The prize is nice to look at but no real use to me as i am in orcs and already have more than enough supplies and the building will not upgrade so will not give me mana when i start woodelves(unless they have changed things which i very much doubt). I probably won't be bothering with this event, just not worth it.

DeletedUser2812

Do we really have to produce non boosted? Is it not the way it's written, meaning whatever your boosted is.

Deleted User - 106219

Yes, we do:
Quest.png

My current quest on Beta.

Timneh

Artisan
I wonder why the live servers are getting this event only 72 hours after beta instead of the normal one week. Planned start for live servers is Monday.

Accalia

Novice
I won't be doing this one as we have to produce non-boosted goods and they have kept the "pay".The buildings are pretty but this event is like Herds, too expensive for very little reward. :-(

DeletedUser3542

oh i never noticed the non boosted goods part, seems this is another one to miss after all. Oh well maybe the next one.

DeletedUser3221

1. Amounts of goods to pay aren't little.
2. Need non-boosted factories.
2. Event prizes are poor. I'm at Fairies, 4x4 Mendaci will give 410 culture & 210 pop, 4x3 Masquerade 580 culture & 2600 supplies/6h - Garbage stats.

Unsure if I'll bother with this. And what's the point of 1 - 10 minute boosters?

DeletedUser702

We are snowed under with all those Inno Quests! There seem to be a sickness
roaming in that office at Friedrichstrasse called Questositis and the only cure
I can think of is called IGNORE!! Don't even have the space to place those
buildings! Besides it normaly takes a load of diamonds to get them anyway!!!
And we all know where that leads to,Poor Players versus Rich Innos....:eek:;)

DeletedUser3985

1. Amounts of goods to pay aren't little.
2. Need non-boosted factories.
2. Event prizes are poor. I'm at Fairies, 4x4 Mendaci will give 410 culture & 210 pop, 4x3 Masquerade 580 culture & 2600 supplies/6h - Garbage stats.

Unsure if I'll bother with this. And what's the point of 1 - 10 minute boosters?
Pretty much how I feel. I like the masquerade theme but that's about it. Will probably be the first event I skip completely.

DeletedUser4193

Is it really a problem to build non-boosted goods. You all have to build lvl1 factories and workshops anyways if u wanna complete the event. Who cares if those produce boosted, non-boosted or carrots. Also, there is no need for diamonds, just like in any other event (except for the 3rd grand prize in any large events).
A "too soon" event I don't see either. If it's up to me there could be always 1 event active. It's a nice change of pace and challenging, but not every event is for everyone (read below)

The real problem is what Xephiac mentioned before. Below the Wood-elves Chapter, these Event buildings are not rewarding at all. They only have some bang when they provide mana.

DeletedUser3090

Is it really a problem to build non-boosted goods. You all have to build lvl1 factories and workshops anyways if u wanna complete the event. Who cares if those produce boosted, non-boosted or carrots. Also, there is no need for diamonds, just like in any other event (except for the 3rd grand prize in any large events).
A "too soon" event I don't see either. If it's up to me there could be always 1 event active. It's a nice change of pace and challenging, but not every event is for everyone (read below)

The real problem is what Xephiac mentioned before. Below the Wood-elves Chapter, these Event buildings are not rewarding at all. They only have some bang when they provide mana.

Exactly - so much effort for little reward unless you are trying to build a pretty city not an effective one. I've already given up on Beta and might not bother starting on EN and US servers as I doubt I'd even build the prize buildings.

Killiak

Artisan
Bothersome quests, poor rewards, lots of time investment required.

Congratulations; you are back to failing.