• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Prepare for the Masquerade Event

DeletedUser3337

Anyways, this mini-event was no challenge at all.
Can you create an instant that gives a temporary expansion, with a limited time (say 15-20-25-30 min), that can be used if you need to rearrange a bit?
That would be a nice reward for eventquests like this.

Last edited by a moderator:

Timneh

Artisan
The game was originally designed(so i am led to believe) for players to concentrate only on their boosted goods so if the devs now want players to also have non boosted manufactories in their cities thay should also give more space. Space is the most valuable commodity in this game already and for the devs to now turn round and say it would be an advantage to also have at least 1 of our non boosted manufactories as well is unfair without giving us some space to put them. They obviously want us to have non boosted so it is only fair that they help us find room for them in already crowded cities.

Shadow Mike

Soothsayer
It is kind of ironic that in one hand the game designers are telling us that boosted manufactories are the most logical avenue to take if you want to maximise your goods income and in the other we have quests to build non boosted plants.
In our FS we try to have only boosted goods manufactories and explain why to new players and then.... comes those quests

DeletedUser3781

If anything, it would be beneficial to have non-boosted manufactories in your cities, this is most likely targeted to those with smaller less active fellowships
I got a different vibe from what he said..
Without spoiling too much already about it: The next big upcoming thing I told you about, will probably make you want to change that strategy* a bit as well. It won't be absolutely necessary but it would help you if you built just 1 low level manufactory of your non-boosted goods. Please let's wait with feedback on that until we can tell you more about it so we won't confuse this feedback thread with that.
*he refers to building boosted only strategy: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/the-masquerade.8804/page-6#post-52543
If you're in a small FS and don't have a good neighborhood, you probably keep your non-boosted anyway, so I think this is more general. But we will see... For now I can't imagine what logic or mechanic could stay behind something like it.

DeletedUser3675

Two major problems:

1) The last event was very very expensive and everyone needs time to rebuild their resources before investing in this one.
2) The game strategy is based on producing only Boosted goods and trading. Putting a task in where the player MUST build a non-boosted factory, produce the goods and then sell to recover some of the costs is contrary to the game strategy. This does not seem fully thought through.

I can see the developers took heed of the previous quest feedback by taking out the pay x% quests but the alternatives are n't quite right yet either.

DeletedUser2233

Its needless to say but i am gonna say it anyway This Quest FAILED miserable in more ways then 1 .The PRIZE is worthless and that renders the quest worthless.

DeletedUser3466

I am super peeved! I had one quest left to complete Pt 1 of the masquerade and last quest is IMPOSSIBLE WITHOUT REAL WORLD MONEY!!!!! So disappointed, feel scammed! Shame on you!

DeletedUser3781

weird, I haven't paid any money and completed it all right

DeletedUser441

It's easy to collect relics when the tournament is on. I rushed through so I could finish before the tournament was over. Always check the guides to see what's coming in the Events.

m4rt1n

Adept
I completed Pt1 easily without having to use diamonds and found it enjoyable. The time boosts seemed rather pointless though and maybe some thought should be given to that like increasing them by a factor of 10.

Is there a start date yet for pt2 of this event. :)

Tiriake

Soothsayer
I found part one of this event pretty easy. To me it was really no strain. ThoughI don't like that I had to build manufactories for non-boosted goods.

And I'm very happy with the building I got. To me it is useful :)

Timneh

Artisan
I found part one of this event pretty easy. To me it was really no strain.

Part 1 was supposed to be easy but i don't think you will find part 2 so easy. The beta CM says this is the way the devs have planned it. Good luck to everyone that takes part in it. I'm not touching it, not worth the effort to me.

m4rt1n

Adept
I see part 2 starts this afternoon.
This weekend is a holiday weekend in the UK except Scotland so I'm off camping.
No events on the app yet so I'll have to see what I can do in 3 days.

DeletedUser441

Are we the first to do part 2 of the Masquerade ? If not , where can I find a list of the tasks ?

DeletedUser441

Thanks :). I should read all announcements more carefully :oops:. Spoiler is included too. I should have noticed that :(.

DeletedUser1974

Why are we not getting any advanced notice on when these start, so much for you NEW "NEWS" feature (your little horn). A few days notice would be appreciated.

DeletedUser2233

Masquerade part 2

I am reading the second part of this quest on beta ,and it says 26 relics needed and another one where u need 14 relics .
Also more houses to upgrade ,witch i can't .And my scouting takes over 28 hours .So how am i going to do this ?I have no space and i cant get more people .
And to top it all off you get 5 days .

The only way you will be able to do this is when the tournament is running the same time of length as the quest .Otherwise it will be hopeless for a lot of people .

Why cant inno make different quests like visiting you're neighbor 50 times or so .
I am gonna try though just to see what i can put up with .
But it is going to be ugly

DeletedUser2364

Ok, firstly i'd like to say, that i appreciate the events that Inno put on for us, and i do appreciate the 'free' buildings.
But calling them 'free' isn't really acurate is it. Completing these quest runs, does take a lot of time and effort from the players...and in the case of the big events, real money too! At least if you want the 3rd building in the big events.
Bearing that in mind, the rewards really do have to be worth it. Especially if you expect us to build non-boosted manufactories.

I'm in Chapter 8 at the moment, and the reward for part 2 of this event is 250/490 pop/culture 4x4. Compare that to The Well of Floating Islands from the beginning of Chapter 2 (yes CHAPTER 2) which is 400/440 pop/culture 4x3. Do you think that's worth even the slightest bit of effort from me? I'm gonna say thankyou, but no thankyou :)
I appreciate that The Well of Floating Islands is a diamond building, but i buy diamonds, so any event reward has to be on par or at least close to a diamond building.

Now.....if there was the possibility to upgrade past event buildings to your current chapter either by paying diamonds or some other way, i'd totally go for it! The mana could probably come in handy in later chapters. The supplies it offers would probably be useful in lower chapters, but for me, in this chapter, no. So you seem to have missed out on any incentive for the middle level players with this reward.

I'm not even going to go into the individual quest rewards (the instants) cause i'm honestly gobsmacked by them. Maybe you should consider making those tiered also to make them worth it.

My personal preference when it comes to events, is quality over quantity.

DeletedUser4135

As I am new player in this game, I had the chance to complete this event from it's beginning. My feedback is as follows:
  1. Masquerade event was too soon after the last event in the game - I have not been able to fully enjoy the previous event before Masquerade, but I feel that this new event came too fast after the last one. If we consider the fellowship tournaments, I had no time to resupply goods and resources on time;
  2. The event was not designed for lower ranking players - the missions were hard, from a point of view of a 4k ranking points player. I was able to go up to mission 8 of the first part, and then stopped. This event was requiring me to build all tier I goods manufactories, so that I can complete the missions and win the reward of the event. I am sorry, but, I don't have enough space for the buildings I need to have, so let's not talk about building manufactories for goods that are not boosted for my city in my early stage of the game. There were players from my fellowship that already had these buildings, or some of them could afford to build them. Everyone else was out of competition for winning the main event reward;
  3. The second part of the event is already started (again, too fast after the first part), and just by looking at the missions, there is no way for me to complete them. The missions are hard for low ranking players, and we cannot do much about it.
If I am going to be honest here, I am disappointed that I am not able to complete any part of the event. :( The missions are just too hard, not designed for lower ranked players at all. I hope that for the future events, you will consider doing missions based on the boosted goods for each player, and not on goods that are not boosted. In addition to this, I hope that the next event will be challenging for the lower ranked players, so that we all have a chance to win the same rewards as the players from the highest rankings. Because, you know, we all play the same game, we all do the same events, so we want to be equal in the chance of receiving the same rewards, no matter the rank of the player.

Thank you for the time and for considering this feedback.

Best regards,
CrioX