• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Population !

DeletedUser2144

I logged into the game everything was fine. After 10-15 minutes wanted to do some upgrades, and then I saw my population was gone, killed, kidnapped, bombed or whatever happened to my people I want you to get them back to me, alive and unspoiled :)

Game version:
v1.16.13-(6f6b1c7) (2016-10-26 8:37)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Microsoft Edge ver.38.14393.0.0
Flash Player version: 23.0.0.185
Operating System: MS Windows 10 (ver.1607 build:14393.321)
Screen resolution: 1366x768
Account name: Soskic
Humans or Elves: Humans

Reproducibility: happened now!

Current situation:
population: -267

Expected situation:
population: ~ +540 (not sure at all, lately I upgraded some buildings of mine) or ~ +140, whatever!

Screenshot:
hx9e80.jpg

DeletedUser1345

Try reloading your game; yesterday I had a weird anomaly with my population, but a reload corrected it.

DeletedUser

Hi yeah I noticed same, its during upgrade, it seems to credit you temporary with the value of population you have inside the building you are upgrading, as soon as you re-deploy another builder or the upgrade completes , it self rectifies daft as it seems.:rolleyes:

DeletedUser2144

Hi yeah I noticed same, its during upgrade, it seems to credit you temporary with the value of population you have inside the building you are upgrading, as soon as you re-deploy another builder or the upgrade completes , it self rectifies daft as it seems.:rolleyes:

No. Nothing has changed. Not when cleared cache. Not reloading, not when bought new residence. Nothing. Residence sold.

DeletedUser2144

All right. At first I thought everything will be solved if I restart the game, my browser, clearing the cache, buy residence, restart the game, browser, scan the system with Win10 Defender, PC restart.... no changes. My population is still at -267 count.

What is really frustrating is that NOBODY from the staff members or developers said so far: "Dear Mr.Soskic, we are aware of the issue and we'll do what we can to solve it as soon as possible." On the top of it, another thread has been made in this section, with no proper reply from the staff either.

What should I do now? This is interesting game to me but this bug is annoying especially when there's no helping hand from those in power to do something about it. I do not know if devs are even aware of the issue. I don't want to bump this thread or scream alongside forums in order to get attention, cause (citing Danny Glover of "Lethal Weapon":)"I'm too old for this s..t!"
So either you, developers, type some reasonable reply here or, I will be forced to at least pause my activity on this website for awhile. Because this makes no sense, for I face the slowest advancement in-game so far (each step depends on Dwarven portals, mines and foundries) and now this population bug occurred.

DeletedUser1601

I have same problem! My population now was -900! I lost maybe ~1300. I restared the game but it didnt work. Can someone from Elvenar team help pls?

DeletedUser1345

I have same problem! My population now was -900! I lost maybe ~1300. I restared the game but it didnt work. Can someone from Elvenar team help pls?

Hi Madara, if you haven't already, be sure to report this situation to Support ( by using the Options icon at the bottom/right of your game screen, and click the "?" icon ).
This population bug seems to be a growing problem....

DeletedUser1601

Hi Madara, if you haven't already, be sure to report this situation to Support ( by using the Options icon at the bottom/right of your game screen, and click the "?" icon ).
This population bug seems to be a growing problem....
Thanks for help lighteye-elf, Ill try to do that. :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I have the completely opposite "problem", when I launch an upgrade, I GAIN population, lol :p
It's temporary, they return to their normal value if I do something other than launching another upgrade...
So, please, do not solve this bug ! :rolleyes:
I've asked my builders and they said they were hiring ghost workers to prepare halloween...
scaryspider.gif

Last edited:

DeletedUser1601

Ok actually it turns out that someone sold my 4 residences, not because that bug. That makes me really angry now that someone done that. :mad:
Sorry about this. Anyway, thanks for help!;)

Deleted User - 106219

I have the completely opposite "problem", when I launch an upgrade, I GAIN population, lol :p
It's temporary, they return to their normal value if I do something other than launching another upgrade...
So, please, do not solve this bug ! :rolleyes:
Actually, that might be the same bug: You start an upgrade and gain population. Then you start another and gain more population. Then you reload the game and suddenly your population is negative because you started an upgrade that should have been impossible to start due to not enough population.

This bug was reported on Beta, but it clearly wasn't fixed when the live servers were updated.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Ok actually it turns out that someone sold my 4 residences, not because that bug. That makes me really angry now that someone done that. :mad:
Sorry about this. Anyway, thanks for help!;)
Change your password, avoid playing on a computer in public place and send your kids to bed without dessert Madara :p
Actually, that might be the same bug: You start an upgrade and gain population. Then you start another and gain more population. Then you reload the game and suddenly your population is negative because you started an upgrade that should have been impossible to start due to not enough population.

This bug was reported on Beta, but it clearly wasn't fixed when the live servers were updated.
Normal, a Beta server is not intended to find bugs...:rolleyes: it's just to find beta people in fact...

Last edited:

DeletedUser363

It's temporary, they return to their normal value if I do something other than launching another upgrade.
Same here - wish it would stay:p:D

DeletedUser2144

Just for guys from Support team:

If you say that I lost 800 men because I have sold some residences level 17 or Wayfarer's Taverns (that I never built because I haven't discovered them yet!) you must ask yourself why there's no space left behind that action and why would I sell buildings upgraded so many times? What advanced player would do such a thing to him/herself?
Obviously you guys have failed.
I just can not believe what I read when I received a note today from Elvenar Support Team.

I have cheked your account and the numbers are correct, you have -267 population. It is possible for this negative number to appear if you sold a building that provided culture and population, like, for example, The Wayfarer's Tavern, or a normal residence building.

Guess what, my residence level 17 holds 610 men. So I need to sell 1 of it and another object , maybe the one level 8 (have 3 of them for more than a week). That leads us to 5x2 and 3x2 territory free. And I have no free space except some 1x3 space in southeast part. So you failed. And I am loosing my time. Instead of enjoying the game, I am discussing the fact that I'm no liar or drunkard who can't remember any of his actions.
Next there are other people here who face the same issue not just in this thread, but there's another opened thread as well.
What, they all also suddenly sold their residences just like that? Or Wayfarer Taverns?
Come on face it already! Houston we have a problem down here.

DeletedUser

The words "its is possible" do not comply with a full log check, a full log check would have said what occurred, not what is presumed

Deleted User - 13667

Well... I can answer that, Soskic.

The people in the support are also players. Same case for the forums. Rarely would a game programmer be actually available. These players acting as moderators and problem solvers are no different from cannon fodder. As for whether the programmers answer them more, it is really a mystery to be solved:rolleyes:

DeletedUser702

Well... I can answer that, Soskic.

The people in the support are also players. Same case for the forums. Rarely would a game programmer be actually available. These players acting as moderators and problem solvers are no different from cannon fodder. As for whether the programmers answer them more, it is really a mystery to be solved:rolleyes:
It amazes me that Inno keeps finding players to moderate!
Think there might be no one at the moment judging by the
scarce replies.....:oops:

Deleted User - 1634960

Thank you for contacting Elvenar support.

Oops, sorry, nearly automatic response. We do have several people working very hard to respond to tickets about this and other bugs. Not to mention to respond to people who moan and complain because there has been a change, and the people who have tried to get away with something and upset because they can't. But I am not supposed to talk about support tickets here.:oops:

There are several bugs affecting the display of available population in the game. They are all client-side bugs, in that the program on your computers is not updating the available population properly when changes are made. The figure on the server is always correct, however, and it corrects the client whenever it can. Yes, it is a bug, and we hope it will be fixed soon. :rolleyes:

Inno is able to find players to moderate because, despite what it sounds like in the forum, there are still players who have been playing from the beginning who believe in this game. :p

DeletedUser2314

Dear Soskic,

Let me begin by saying that we are, honestly, really sorry that you have ran into this population issue. We are, also, very thankful that you took your time to properly report it.
However, fear not, as your people are all well and in good spirit. Their only problem right now is dealing with an increase of open positions and a decrease of work force. This situation seems to be closely related to the technological modernization of some of your manufactories.

To put it simply, there currently is an issue that causes the available population to be incorrectly displayed (an unjustified increase) when you issue certain commands. As we are not to discuss the content of any of our tickets, I will leave it at that. But I would still like to reassure you that everything that my colleague has replied is correct and it reflects our investigation.

I would like to ask all of our dear players who read this, to contact support every time they feel there is a problem with their city, and if you have an additional question, we encourage you to address it directly to us. That being said, I am reminding you that discussing the tickets over the forums is strictly forbidden.

PS. Sorry! Rilian was faster than me, so everything here might be a bit redundant now.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
From my experiments, you gain "ghost" people when upgrading so if you upgrade again just after and didn't have people enough before, you are able to do upgrades over your capacities and when the game refresh the population amount, you can go into negative... I've just did it and beeing at -250 pop... The correct amount refreshes if you go in an upgrade tab and don't launch the upgrade or if you reload...

So, you don't have negative people because you lost something but just because you built over your people amount thanks to "passing" boat-people who have been arrested just after :p

But I'm just repeating what Shadowblack confirmed previously... :rolleyes:

Last edited: