• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Petition: SAVE THE FORUM

McBratty

Enchanter
Quoting and answering to this here since the OP of the original thread asked us to refrain form comments there.

This is such a good idea! I mean the quest that asks us to post a message on the forum. Even if it was just an option between 2, it would have made a lot more people use the forum. Especially if it came at least once during every event and people got used to it being there.
And to give them a little more incentive I'd make it "Scout a province or post a message on the forum" :D.
There could even be a specific thread for it on the forum where people could just write "hello" if they had nothing to add to a specific conversation.
This is a fantastic idea. God knows we need something new in the way of quests and that would be a great one to encourage more people on to the Forum! This gets my vote!!

Pauly7

Magus
It's a +1 from me.

Despite my own personal lack of activity here for a long time, I think that the success of Elvenar for a long period of time (7 years? 8 years?) has only been possible due to its functioning community. It may not represent a big percentage of the player base, but overall it represents a massive knowledge base. Probably bigger than Innogames' own knowledge of its game. And that small group has provided one of the linchpins for the game to flourish.

However, of course forum engagement has been reducing. So for any staff members listening - The answer is not to replace a failing forum community for the same thing on a different platform. The answer is to stop the community from faltering, and unlock that conundrum. Many of the regular posters have stopped coming here. Understand why that happened in order to find the way forward.

Engagement probably looks higher on Discord right now, but remember that a lot of people will register for the Elvenar server, then even if they subsequently ignore it, if they are still using Discord for their own separate purposes it will show as if they are online. For the forum, people are only here when they are using it.

Hekata

Artisan
It's a +1 from me.

Despite my own personal lack of activity here for a long time, I think that the success of Elvenar for a long period of time (7 years? 8 years?) has only been possible due to its functioning community. It may not represent a big percentage of the player base, but overall it represents a massive knowledge base. Probably bigger than Innogames' own knowledge of its game. And that small group has provided one of the linchpins for the game to flourish.

However, of course forum engagement has been reducing. So for any staff members listening - The answer is not to replace a failing forum community for the same thing on a different platform. The answer is to stop the community from faltering, and unlock that conundrum. Many of the regular posters have stopped coming here. Understand why that happened in order to find the way forward.

Engagement probably looks higher on Discord right now, but remember that a lot of people will register for the Elvenar server, then even if they subsequently ignore it, if they are still using Discord for their own separate purposes it will show as if they are online. For the forum, people are only here when they are using it.

As always words of wisdom form a true forum legend! (still unreachable on the "most messages" and "highest reaction score" lists :D)

Hi @Pauly7 , so good to see you here even if it's just a one time thing :)

Hekata

Artisan
I'm always around. I haven't been able to give up the game, even if I gave up a forum that became more bad than good.
I do remember much better days on the forum but there are still a few brave souls around fighting the good fight :D

I'd say it's a combination of 3 factors:

1. Some times ago the devs stopped listening to any feedback. Not only here but on beta too. Not much point in giving feedback if it will fall on def ears. (and a lot of those suggestions and feedback, especially on Beta, were really well thought thought, not just from the players' point of view)

2. Game fatigue. A lot of those players have been playing for a very long time and after a while the game gets a bit repetitive (after every guest race there is another guest race, after every even there is another event etc:) so it gets a bit boring discussing the same things over and over again.

3. There seems to be a lot less players in general than a couple of years ago (the "new" tourney mechanics might have something to do with that...)

Ellania

Alchemist
I did momentarily have a discord account and tried to use that platform, it's cranky and caused my old computer issues only I don't play on mobile plus it has a plethora of vulgar trolls, I'm not quite sure I wish to return there to try and get help, it just seems easier to pop over here.

Dillipa

Seeker
I feel a bit late to the Party as I myself am merely one of the lurkers! But I wholeheartedly agree with this Petition and believe it would be a huge injustice to loyal Forum Members who, for one reason or another, are unable to use Discord!

I've briefly viewed it and promptly removed myself. It's visually nothing more than a Jumble Sale of conversation with no character or charm.

+1 from me!