• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered orcs goblins

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I agree with cheapnar with the Beta/regular point of view : a Beta version is normaly used to test and correct all parts of a game BEFORE to start regular servers but after launching a regular version, you should only have minor corrections or 'comfort' improvements, not major changes that force players to rebuild all their cities. That's Microsoft-like work and I can't say what I'm thinking about that without using strong words...

Thanks for the explanation Mykan, so the point is to force people building at least 1 armory to have orcs to negotiate province for getting free expansion... Probably inspired by fighters that were jealous not to have understood that making goods was more clever to progress than to fight, like in the real life...

In fact, since the tournaments start, i got so many relics (over 550% prod with Mountain Hall lvl 6) that I think I will soon stop upgrading my barracks and producing troops (I already removed the camp that is unusefull and 1 armory) and I will progressively start cater tournaments encounters and I will probably also remove my armories when I'll have finish Orcs researches (or just keep one to negotiate provinces for free expansions from time to time)... A good prove that all those silly upgrades are pointless as well as upgrading residences from 19 to 21 (only 3% room sparing if you count the extra roads) or building the camp that produces no units :rolleyes:

Last edited:

DeletedUser1003

Thanks for the explanation Mykan, so the point is to force people building at least 1 armory to have orcs to negotiate province for getting free expansion... Probably inspired by fighters that were jealous not to have understood that making goods was more clever to progress than to fight, like in the real life...
I take grave exception to this post. I have fought all the way to my present position and am happy with my progress. Your statement that I I don't understand that it is more clever to negotiate is an insult and demonstrates your lack of understanding of the game. If your way is so clever why are you constantly complaining about the game!

Last edited by a moderator:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
"Only Thruth hurts"... Are you serious ? Where did I mention your name ? Since when are you considering yourself as a group of people ? How many are you in your head ? Do you really know what "constantly" means ? Try to read a little deeper before exposing yourself like if you were the only one on earth referred by anyone's critisisms... Perhaps will you feel yourself less solitary in the "charged corner" if I tell you I made the same mistake you did ? Climb down your big horse or stop drinking so much coffee...

Last edited:

DeletedUser219

So, it's alright for you to speak as a group of people, but not for a person of a different viewpoint to do the same?
I, too am a fighter. Not because it is a less intelligent path, but because, overall, it is cheaper.
Goods cost coin and supplies to produce, plus negotiation often calls for more coin and supplies.
Troops cost only supplies to produce. Because I am able to think tactically and strategically, I choose to do so. Even though I now have Orcs, I have yet to use an Orc in negotiation, because it is not necessary.

Choosing to primarily fight or to primarily trade is the players choice. The game designers, as Mykan pointed out, have realised that there is an imbalance in progression between the two choices and have taken steps to correct that. Is it game-changing? Only for some. Is it completely blocking your progression? No. It is, as all good games should, making you rethink your decisions and paths and make new choices.

firerock

Enchanter
Well that may be, but I don't have the time to fight, as the fighting mechanism is too slow, so I negotiate. I am well behind in terms of expansion to those that fight, so out of the top 9 in our fellowship those that fight occupy the top 5 and those that don't in the bottom 4, go figure!

DeletedUser

Well that may be, but I don't have the time to fight, as the fighting mechanism is too slow, so I negotiate. I am well behind in terms of expansion to those that fight, so out of the top 9 in our fellowship those that fight occupy the top 5 and those that don't in the bottom 4, go figure!

I would say the answer to that mystery is in your statement. "The top 5 fight" + "I don't have time to fight" = "The top five play way more than me, thus it is most likely that is the reason they are on top"