1. Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dismiss Notice

OMG my trader just got even worse

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FieryArien, Aug 19, 2019.

1. FieryArien

FieryArien Enchanter

Sentient goods are also offered cross-tier? Please no, the trader was barely bearable before. It’s insufferable now. I might just cry ... :(

RainbowElvira likes this.
  2. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

Oh yeah it's much easier to make more tier5 than tier4, so there are a lot more people trading down.
    And the 1 star traders are using the decay factor to justify soaking the rest of us, I've learned recently. Apparently it's fine to punish all the other sentient traders for an intrinsic design feature. Nice, huh?

RainbowElvira likes this.
  3. RainbowElvira

RainbowElvira Conjurer

FieryArien, I can feel your pain. The bottleneck in sentient goods production are the seeds. You need the same amount of seeds for any tier of sentient goods - a reasonable trading ratio would be very close to 1:1:1, and that's not the case.

Sentient goods trade is world wide, and at least in Arendyll there are some really great economists :rolleyes:, people who constantly post cross tier and 0/1 star trade offers - every single day.

The new filters are a step in the right direction, but not nearly enough to make the trader a pleasant experience.

Alcaro and FieryArien like this.
  4. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

The same root source for Arendyll's bad traders exists in Winyandor as well, only they've subverted even more players to go along with them :(

5. andreoti

andreoti Dreamer

The only thing that this cross trade things did for me is that I don't even look at trader anymore...

Lelanya likes this.
  6. lucky6136

lucky6136 Dreamer

If only they make cross trade 1:2. Or remove cross trades. Then everyone has to have all tiers manu.

7. randblade

randblade Alchemist

Trader is for trading and if you don't like a trade you have no need to accept it. If someone wants all tiers of goods or all manufactories of goods then good for you. You don't need the reader then.

If we want to trade what's the issue?

8. pompeywolf

pompeywolf Soothsayer

People just dont like having to scroll through 10 pages of cross tier trades to find 5 trades they want to accept every time they open the trader.

Lelanya and RainbowElvira like this.
  9. RainbowElvira

RainbowElvira Conjurer

And there is always the danger of accidentally accepting a bad trade because of lag and connection hiccups, especially on mobile.

Alcaro and m4rt1n like this.
  10. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Illusionist

I filter for the goods I am looking for. So if I'm looking for marble, I only see marble offers, they tend to be not cross tier trades. If there are any of course. For tier 3 goods I do it the other way around. I look for trades asking for my tier 3 good which happens to be gems. That way most cross tier trades are filtered out and the chance of misclicking becomes smaller. Yes it's not ideal, but it at least saves me a lot of scrolling. And on PC I filter for my FS. They only post cross-tier in emergencies.

cmcmcm and FieryArien like this.
  11. FieryArien

FieryArien Enchanter

Hey, that‘s the same method I use! ;-)
    Being app player, I hope we’ll also get some filters. Especially the “fellowship” filter. When someone in my fellowship asks for help in the chat, it’s a scrolling nightmare to find their trades.

LadyHavva likes this.
  12. LadyHavva

LadyHavva Illusionist

Great minds think alike :p:D:D:D
    Yeah the FS filter is really necessary on the app.

13. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

Oh I use it on PC too. I have several neighbours with only tier3 factories, so I have been looking at these bad trades for years :eek:

14. Modern2020

Modern2020 Adventurer

Why cant cross tier? Not all people have all 3 tier production! Some people delete tier1 later. But i will never! Because i never want to delete the manufacturers i grew day by day! And i have all 3 tiers and all 3 types of goods in each tier! I dont want to rely on others! Even i have more boosted than unboosted factorys!
    And for the final part of ch3, you need tier 3, but the other non-boosted tier 3 you dont have, or it takes too much space and population. And at that time, you need all cross tier!
    But it should have option to filter the different star tarde and cross tier/same tier trade, and within-FS/out-FS trade!
    Because some people post many many 0star cross tier, it takes pages! Not fair to others!
    And some FS only allow 2/3star, but out of FS, the FS rules cant apply. The only in FS/ not in FS option can resolve the problems!

15. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

Hi again. The problem is, there is too much tier3 in the game right now. Mid level players chapter 6 to 8 get a lot of it so where once it was scarce and now it is like garbage. Few people want it, so the trades stew in the sun til they stink up the place

16. tesla333

tesla333 Soothsayer

Well, the new event "improvements" should put a dent into the "T3 only" player's strategy ;)

m4rt1n likes this.
  17. Lelanya

Lelanya Summoner

Tesla you are correct, but what a, sarcastic, way to correct the problem.

RainbowElvira and tesla333 like this.