• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

No Mystery Chests anymore in the Spire of Eternity

John of Enar

Adventurer
This has happened to me now on the last three Spire events. I make it through the entire level without a single mystery chest appearing. INNO says that a mystery chest will appear at a random location on each level. It's in their WIKI. However this is no longer the case, perhaps because of the last update.

I did not receive a chest after completing the top level, I did not receive a chest after completing the bottom level, twice now. I just completed the bottom level again with the new event that started today and no chest appeared.

If INNO wants to make the mystery chest more rare then they should change the wiki to reflect this. I have reported the problem to help who said they would forward it to the techs. Apparently it has not been fixed.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The Mystery Chests are very much a random reward as our wiki guide suggests, link here
Hopefully your luck will change!

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Each chest for each encounter has a 10% chance of a mystery object shown at the top in blue. Its not uncommon to get 0 mystery chests in an entire map\screen\level, but 2 or even 3 aren't that unusual either. Look at the %s as you do each chest, make a note and the odds can be calculated, I'm afraid I don't have those numbers to hand.

John of Enar

Adventurer
The Mystery Chests are very much a random reward as our wiki guide suggests, link here
Hopefully your luck will change!
It says "the chest will appear at a random location within the current Spire level". It does NOT say the chest will appear at random. Indeed it says that it WILL appear - that is a promise in the English language. Maybe INNO should reword this correctly ... Hopefully your english will improve!

m4rt1n

Adept
It says "the chest will appear at a random location within the current Spire level". It does NOT say the chest will appear at random. Indeed it says that it WILL appear - that is a promise in the English language. Maybe INNO should reword this correctly ... Hopefully your english will improve!

It says
"Every solved Encounter has a chance of revealing a Mystery Chest. These come in different rarities: Rare, Epic or Legendary, each with different awesome rewards. The Chests will appear at a random location within the current Spire level."

At least on the wiki I'm looking at I see no mention of a guaranteed chest.

That reads fine English to me, and to me reads that if you win a mystery chest it will appear on your current spire level.
Thats is right and is what happens, I dont always win a mystery chest, sometimes I have won 6 of them. :)

Killiak

Artisan
It says
"Every solved Encounter has a chance of revealing a Mystery Chest. These come in different rarities: Rare, Epic or Legendary, each with different awesome rewards. The Chests will appear at a random location within the current Spire level."

You are 100% correct!

Hopefully, the comprehensive reading skills of some people will improve.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It says

That reads fine English to me, and to me reads that if you win a mystery chest it will appear on your current spire level.
Thats is right and is what happens, I dont always win a mystery chest, sometimes I have won 6 of them. :)

Thats correct, there is no mention at all of a guaranteed chest, just a chance of getting one.

John of Enar

Adventurer
It says

It does say so ... it is implied by use of the word WILL. It says every solved encounter has a chance of revealing a mystery chest. If i remember correctly there are four encounters in each level. The way it is worded IMPLIES a chest WILL (guaranteed) appear within the CURRENT Spire Level. So four chance AND a chest WILL appear.

Now if you need it to say that a chest is guaranteed then you just support your position by changing the grammatical rules of your reading and thinking mind. However, requiring such a statement and adding such is not required because contextually it says a chest WILL (guaranteed) appear at a random location. To require what you suggest is redundant and bad grammar. You can't get away from what is being written. English is English and Grammar is Grammar.

John of Enar

Adventurer
Thats correct, there is no mention at all of a guaranteed chest, just a chance of getting one.
INCORRECT - it says a chest WILL (i.e., guaranteed) appear within the CURRENT level. It is implied within the grammatical structure of the sentence with the use of the word will. Otherwise you should use the word MAY, or even better MIGHT, appear. That would imply a chance.

John of Enar

Adventurer
You are 100% correct!

Hopefully, the comprehensive reading skills of some people will improve.

Hopefully your comprehensive reading skills will improve.

will1 | wɪl | modal verb (third singular present will; past would | wʊd | ) 1 expressing the future tense: you will regret it when you are older. • expressing a strong intention or assertion about the future: come what may, I will succeed. 2 expressing inevitable events: accidents will happen.

If you want to imply a chance then you should use the word MIGHT or MAY. What level of education do you have? This stuff is taught in elementary schools.

Pauly7

Magus
I think the previous sentence removes any doubt about it being random or guaranteed. It's just frustrating when random chance doesn't go your way.

I still haven't had a magic building in the last 11 plays through the Spire, but it doesn't mean they aren't out there. I did, however, get three mystery chests on the first level this week.

John of Enar

Adventurer
Stubborn is stubborn! ^_^
(I'm going to get some popcorn and sit in the corner)

EDIT: "Every solved Encounter has a chance of revealing a Mystery Chest."
OK POPCORN ... Solved encounter is not the same as current level. You people don't get it but you do confirm the uselessness of forums and the trolls with nothing valuable to contribute. Enjoy your popcorn and the show. I'm out of here when there is no intelligence present.

John of Enar

Adventurer
I think the previous sentence removes any doubt about it being random or guaranteed. It's just frustrating when random chance doesn't go your way.

I still haven't had a magic building in the last 11 plays through the Spire, but it doesn't mean they aren't out there. I did, however, get three mystery chests on the first level this week.
OK BRUCE BABY - not i am sure... doesn't remove a doubt and no - i am not frustrated. But there is no intelligence here capable of seeing/reading the point i made. That is: INNO should do what the say or say it differently. In fact i will keep to the help centre from now on. Their response was "we'll see if this can be reworded to make it more obvious." They understood the issue immediately. Not like the trolls i have encountered here hiding behind their display screens.

Timneh

Artisan
I thought it was quite obvious when i read the wiki. "Every solved encounter has a chance of revealing a mystery chest" that means it might or it might not.
The next bit "The chests will appear at a random location within the current spire level" means that it could appear anywhere IF you are lucky enough to get one.
That is the way i understand it.

cwgiii

Shaman
Hmmm, I suppose the next topic might be:

"It depends upon what the meaning of the word 'is' is." As per Bill Clinton.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
It is random... But it seems the more you all complain, the more prizes come to us who don't. The spire is dropping chests non-stop, several every week. I have four sets, plus a forest worth of mana plants and gum trees. I get at least one 1x1 every week, several magic residences, and when I used to go to top 2nd floor, workshops too. I used to screenshot to show, but I pass, got tired.

My remarks from yesterday:

- The first battle, three CC dropped.
- The third battle, yellow chest in the third section.
- The fourth battle, purple chests in the second section.
- Opened purple chest: 3 Teleports.
- The sixth battle, blue chest in the first section.
- Opened blue chest: Mana Plant
- Opened yellow chest: Dwarven Armorer (very needed for this week, so awesome)
- Eleventh battle blue chest, three boosters 5x hours.
- Boss (sadly) 10% PP.
- The rest of the drops were fragments and 1h boosters.

Not bad for floor one, don't you think?

My FS no longer gets to the 1st prize second floor, so no more doing second floor (last week got a purple chest in the 1st, and 3rd battle of the second floor, and one, was on the top... it was not like leaving it there...) We are laid back FS, so it is even better... I will hate to start to see whole sets rotting in the book, as I have more than enough in my city already. Obsessive Megalomania Behavior is what I have in my city.

I am tired of saying it, the Law of Attraction really works here. See yourself getting rares, and your wantings, rather than "this stupid spire drops junk for expensive battles/carters", you will see how it will start. You will eventually get to the point to hope not to get more "whatever rare can drop", but you do it for your FS, and you still end up getting more, and more rares.

The Spire is like my second home, and they love me there. Maybe because I am a medium the Spire spirits like me? But these Spirits are just 0s and 1s, so, can't be that :p

Last edited: