• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
Phoenix artifacts here, there and everywhere, man many players like myself need BEAR ARTIFACTS... I hope Inno in some months allow us to craft, get from the spire or any other place some bear artifacts for once.

Bear should be after the mermaid if I remember correctly so give it another 6 weeks then for them to show up in the spire and most likely in the fall (say 6 months from now?) we´ll have a bear event and we´ll be able to exchange new for old artifacts then...

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Bear should be after the mermaid if I remember correctly so give it another 6 weeks then for them to show up in the spire and most likely in the fall (say 6 months from now?) we´ll have a bear event and we´ll be able to exchange new for old artifacts then...
Hopefully they are offered at the same rate that phoenix artifacts are offered now, I really want to have a fully evolved brown bear.

Pauly7

Magus
Here is the new, so far unexplained, extra trophy icon that's appeared in Beta...

Trophies.PNG

Gargon667

Mentor
I wonder how it works, like what do you have to do to get it? 10 chests? 19 chests? Win?

Pauly7

Magus
I wonder how it works, like what do you have to do to get it? 10 chests? 19 chests? Win?
If that is a trophy icon for tournaments then it had better not be for 19 chests. It wouldn't make sense either as Inno seems to have stuck with the idea that 10 chests is still the pinnacle and anything after is just for people competing with each other. You could say that's good reason to have a trophy, but the minute it exists then everyone's gonna start pushing people to win the trophy. I'm not sure that's a good thing.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
If that is a trophy icon for tournaments then it had better not be for 19 chests. It wouldn't make sense either as Inno seems to have stuck with the idea that 10 chests is still the pinnacle and anything after is just for people competing with each other. You could say that's good reason to have a trophy, but the minute it exists then everyone's gonna start pushing people to win the trophy. I'm not sure that's a good thing.
It is a trash trophy for "participation" in the Spire sadly... I would love a emblem or trophy for having 19 chests :(

Gargon667

Mentor

How would a silly icon be a bigger incentive than the KP and RR spells? Not saying that those are big rewards, but an icon with no benefits whatsoever? Heck I´d be happier if they gave it for 250k points :p. If it is already completely worthless, at least make it rare. What´s the point of adding an icon to every FS on every server? It´s just cluttering space then...

Gargon667

Mentor
Inno are tight lipped about it, but it still looks like a new Spire trophy icon to me.

It does look like just another spire medal... which brings us back to cluttering... but the text in the shop is talking about tourney trophies... so I really have no clue lol

Pauly7

Magus
How would a silly icon be a bigger incentive than the KP and RR spells? Not saying that those are big rewards, but an icon with no benefits whatsoever?
Well, because the minute there's an icon on the FS screen then teams will be judged on it. Or more so they'll judge themselves on it, out of fear that otherwise the player poachers will start quoting numbers of 19 chest trophies.

Gargon667

Mentor
Well, because the minute there's an icon on the FS screen then teams will be judged on it. Or more so they'll judge themselves on it, out of fear that otherwise the player poachers will start quoting numbers of 19 chest trophies.

Don´t they do that anyway? The info is on elvenstats, too, so it´s really nothing new at all. And someone who plays tourneys seriously enough to fit in a 19 chest FS, really doesn´t need that help, nor is it hard to find them, they would stick out like a sore thumb from any non 19 chest FS :)

Pauly7

Magus
Don´t they do that anyway? The info is on elvenstats, too, so it´s really nothing new at all. And someone who plays tourneys seriously enough to fit in a 19 chest FS, really doesn´t need that help, nor is it hard to find them, they would stick out like a sore thumb from any non 19 chest FS :)
Maybe I'm making too much of it, but everything above the 10th chest is supposed to be just bonus stuff for people chasing the big tournament numbers. Putting a label on the fellowship summary screen saying the number of times the FS has hit 19 chests is then just labelling it as an in-game target and that was never supposed to be the idea. Once the game wants you to do it then people will also start demanding the rewards for it. For any fellowship outside those that are tournament fanatical about it enough to open a 19th chest (which is 99% of them) they will start pushing their fellows to achieve them... and there will be a lot of problems.

On the other hand - if there was just an icon stating a tournament chest average and nothing more, I wouldn't mind that.

The point is moot anyway, because the new icon is just something to say they took part in the spire, but didn't get bronze. I'm yet to see one that doesn't read zero.

Gargon667

Mentor
Maybe I'm making too much of it, but everything above the 10th chest is supposed to be just bonus stuff for people chasing the big tournament numbers. Putting a label on the fellowship summary screen saying the number of times the FS has hit 19 chests is then just labelling it as an in-game target and that was never supposed to be the idea. Once the game wants you to do it then people will also start demanding the rewards for it. For any fellowship outside those that are tournament fanatical about it enough to open a 19th chest (which is 99% of them) they will start pushing their fellows to achieve them... and there will be a lot of problems.

On the other hand - if there was just an icon stating a tournament chest average and nothing more, I wouldn't mind that.

The point is moot anyway, because the new icon is just something to say they took part in the spire, but didn't get bronze. I'm yet to see one that doesn't read zero.

Do you think pushing for 19 chests would be common? I can only talk about our server in which only 2 FS have ever gotten 19 chests (I think), all others are so far off the mark, pushing would be a rather silly waste of their time. If an Archmage did, he´d probably fall flat on his nose, waste a whole bunch of resources and gain nothing for it. How long will they be trying that? I agree if they did it for more than a week I am sure the FS would revolt or the players leave, but that would be the AMs own fault. On the other hand it could be a fun incentive to try to make it just the once, if a FS has at least a chance to make it. I think a lower goal would be actually worse, people might try all the time?

I guess in the end we´ll see what it all means, but as always I wish there was more information forthcoming from Inno lol... if it is a mere participation counter it is a ridiculous waste of space. Another case of making things worse without the least benefit...

Jackluyt

Shaman
The new set of Spire Rewards have just been announced - including Bear Artifacts!
We will get them in Live Worlds soon.

Marindor posted:
Dear Humans and Elves,
From next week onwards, the reward dataset for the Spire of Eternity will be adjusted for the next 6 weeks.
Changes:

• Summer Mermaids Artifacts will be phased out as a possible reward for the Spire of Eternity
  • Bear Artifacts and craftable building will be phased in instead
  • Stonehenge Artifacts will also be phased in
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

187443585_10219200246897628_5025882802090860463_n.jpg

rock stream

Scholar
Sure hope I can another 2 artifacts like I did for the Phoenix. That is progress!

Gargon667

Mentor
Bear AND Stonehenge are phased in???
What´s that supposed to do? More artifacts for people that don´t want them and fewer bear artifacts for those who still need the bears?

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
What a hindrance from Inno, WE NEED BEAR ARTIFACTS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BEAR ARTIFACTS!!!!!!!!!!! Not Stonehedge trash artifacts (that we just got some months ago) , Who needs Stonehedge artifacts anyway!!? If we make a survey of which artifacts are needed the most, Bear artifacts will win to StoneHedge ones by 99% vs 1%.
I really, really need a 10th level Brown Bear at least, and I´m not including the need of a Polar Bear (to have some freedom of time in tournaments).

What a way to always give us the finger from InnoGames Godda....!

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@Herodite In the US forum a CM is saying that this next Spire would have only Bear artifacts and Stonehedge ones would be placed in the MA for crafting, could you please confirm this? Ty BH.