• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Newbie: First diamonds purchase - need advice from experienced players

DeletedUser

Hi, I'm very new to the game (started chapter 2), and have recently made my first diamonds purchase so I have a total of 1000. What is the most sensible way to spend them that will benefit me LATER in the game as well?

1. Buy a third builder?
- I would love another builder (I missed the promo with the extra one), but I really, really don't want to buy one only to find out two days later that the games gives it to me as quest reward!
- are extra builders even useful later in the game? Am I going to keep builiding lots of stuff in later chapters?

2. Buy the Shrine of Enar culture building?
Pros:
- It's pretty
- It gives a lot of culture
Cons:
I'm probably going to unlock more culture buildings soon so I might not even have the room to build the Shrine of Enar...

3. Save my diamonds for something else?

If you are an advanced player with a lot of the game already explored, which option would you have chosen?

DeletedUser813

I would always go for the 3rd Builder and steer clear of buying early culture buildings as they will be replaced as time goes on. Are you in a Felllowship Nessie?

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I share Ametha ideas : the first 2 builders become fastly not enough after the 3 first chapters, they were my best purchase... buying expansion is of medium interest (and fast hot) but its effects are never depreciated... but the premiums are going less efficient than free culture soon or later and if you sell them to buy better ones, you aren't refunded... just a big waste for a limited boost... ;) ...

And also, the daily buildings you can get during each "long" events (that happen about each 3 months) are close to premiums in scores and durability... they just ask you time.

I achieved the research tree 2 days ago...

Edit : I changed my words (that were misused) for the expansions and that changed the meaning...

Last edited:

cwgiii

Shaman
In my opinion, space is the most precious resource. I have not spent any diamonds yet, but I am definitely keeping any that I get for expansions. I understand folks preference for a third builder, it can certainly help in certain circumstances. But I find that my two builders work just fine and are actually idle for a lot of time. Extra space is rarely idle. Even if it does not have a structure on it, it is necessary when rearranging the city.

DeletedUser1345

In my opinion, space is the most precious resource.

I agree.
I have never purchased any diamonds in Elvenar ( I still have unused the original "free" diamonds from the beginning of the game ), but were I to, I'd buy expansions.
I have just the two builders, sometimes both are busy, but sometimes not.
You can definitely get far with only two builders ( my city is currently ranked #100 in Arendyll ) - it will just take longer.
But lack of city-space is a perpetual problem for anyone not throwing a lot of diamonds at the larger tasks in the game.

DeletedUser3899

Hi having just purchased some diamonds as a new player these tips are useful for me too I only started the game last night and am trying to get my head around it, it didn't help that I was half asleep during the tutorial so will probably have loads of questions over the next few days.:)

DeletedUser3542

Personally i'd go for another builder, some upgrades can take a long time so you could be stuck waiting for an upgrade to finish before you can start another upgrade you need.. but that's just me. ;)