• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New type of Building for artifacts

Number one

Seeker
Would it be possible for the wise leaders of Elvenar to come up with a building where we could buy sell or swap our spare artifacts for many of us have more than enough for some but not enough for others

Julian

Sorcerer
It used to be the case that items that we don't want could be disenchanted so we'd at least have spell fragments that we could use for crafting. Of course, we now have more fragments than we will ever need. So, there's now no use for anything in our inventory that we don't want.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
It may be worth checking our some of the prevous threads covering aspects of this suggestion, as we have many in the idea's and suggestions section.
The developers have said that this will never happen as Artifacts are deemed to be a rare thing within the game. They have however this year allowed for the Crafting options for some Artifacts (Phoenix and Bears) to enable old and new versions of these pets to be created. This has been very well received by our players, so that may lead to more occuring in the future.

Deleted User - 341074

@Silmaril -at least, can we have a separate tab for artifacts in the Inventory? They aren't Instants in any circumstances :)
or maybe list them at the end? judging by how hard it is to get the devs to move trades and visits into separate tabs maybe that's not their strong suit.
:p

Pauly7

Magus
It may be worth checking our some of the prevous threads covering aspects of this suggestion, as we have many in the idea's and suggestions section.
Or is this suggestion slightly different? They've always said no to universal artefacts or artefact swapping (unless they decide), but is this more to do with having a building that eats old artefacts and produces something in return?

m4rt1n

Adept
Or is this suggestion slightly different? They've always said no to universal artefacts or artefact swapping (unless they decide), but is this more to do with having a building that eats old artefacts and produces something in return?

That could work, even at 5:1 if you could chose the end product.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Most players once they have maxed a building , disenchant the Artifacts @Alcaro so it would be most doubtul to increase the data further with something that most players would not utilise in the game.
Currently please do not forget that there is already a solution in game for surplus or unwanted Artifacts and that is disenchantment.
A building for Artifact creation or swapping has been requested ever since Artifacts of more than one type existed, with the developers responding to this as we have done here too. The middle ground being the Crafting options we have seen this year.

Pauly7

Magus
Most players once they have maxed a building , disenchant the Artifacts @Alcaro so it would be most doubtul to increase the data further with something that most players would not utilise in the game.
You know this for sure? I don't think I've come across anyone who's said they've disenchanted an artefact. Most people hold onto them in case there ends up being some use for them. There's no pressure to disenchant anything because most people have more than enough spell fragments and more than enough other useless junk to satisfy event quests.

Number one

Seeker
Perhaps im not an avarage player then as i dont consider ive played this for that long but i have these artifacts still as spare 7 mermaids 5 stonehenge 5 gingerbreads 3 valentines 6 may tree 7 wise golem 3 bears 5 moonbear 2 witches hut and so far 3 winter owl and if i click on summonings i have 31 pages of buildings are you saying i should just disenchant them all

Deleted User - 341074

are you saying i should just disenchant them all
If you playing in that brief period of time where crafting existed but the Spire did not, then yes.
If, however, the Spire does exist (and I think it does) then disenchanting has almost zero value and should be reserved for "Gain 600 SF" quests when you are too impatient to wait for the next spire.

The developers (and some mods ;) ) seem to think that any solution no matter the flaws is a winner and that no more needs to be done.
Remember when we begged for years for a way to use up our Broken Rune Shard bar? They gave us 3 MA recipes that are totally insufficient and called it done.

Gargon667

Mentor
If you playing in that brief period of time where crafting existed but the Spire did not, then yes.
If, however, the Spire does exist (and I think it does) then disenchanting has almost zero value and should be reserved for "Gain 600 SF" quests when you are too impatient to wait for the next spire.

The developers (and some mods ;) ) seem to think that any solution no matter the flaws is a winner and that no more needs to be done.
Remember when we begged for years for a way to use up our Broken Rune Shard bar? They gave us 3 MA recipes that are totally insufficient and called it done.

Well you know one of these years, they´ll come up with a new use for Spellfragments or (broken) rune shards or relics or... I kinda doubt they´ll do anything about the artifacts, there simply are not that many around. But if they gave us something to do with SF, disenchanting artifacts would be at least an option... if they included an option to disenchant relics and rune shards they´d solve all those problems in one swoop :D

Sir Derf

Adept
@Silmaril -at least, can we have a separate tab for artifacts in the Inventory? They aren't Instants in any circumstances :)
Ummm, they instantly evolve an evolving building up one stage... So...

Of course, without an alternative evolving route that ties up a builder for hours, it's harder to notice it as such...

How about adding a drop down selection to filter the contents by type (Artifacts, Coins, Supplies, etc.) like in the Trader?

Deleted User - 341074

Ummm, they instantly evolve an evolving building up one stage... So...
The reason to move them to a different spot in the inventory is imo because they can't be used where they currently are.
You open your inventory and the first thing you see is all of your artifacts that you can do absolutely nothing with because this is the wrong spot to do so. Like timer & KP instants, you must close your inventory and go open up the target building, only then can you use that "instant".

I think the inventory should be split into at least 2 tabs. Call them what you like, but
"things that I can click on and use"
should be separate from
"Things that I can only look at here"
How about adding a drop down selection to filter the contents by type (Artifacts, Coins, Supplies, etc.) like in the Trader?
I'm not sure that's faster than power clicking the next page button.
Dropdowns are especially poor for mobile interfaces.

Deleted User - 341074

But if they gave us something to do with SF, disenchanting artifacts would be at least an option... if they included an option to disenchant relics and rune shards they´d solve all those problems in one swoop :D
I like where this is going, and back to the OP's idea.

The Alchemist building
At a cost of spell fragments and relics/artifacts/runes/shards this building produces thisthatandtheotherthing.
Basically, a second Magic Academy unlocked much later in the game that has totally new recipes.

Sir Derf

Adept
Wasn't sayin' it wasn't. Just pointing out it's effect does take place in an instant, so yeah.

Looking through the items in my Instants Tab, I find the following:

Usable from the Instants TabUnusable from the Instants Tab
Coin RainUpgrade Artifacts
Portal ProfitAncient Knowledge
Supply WindfallRoyal Restoration
Troop InstantsTime Boost

Currently 8 types of Instants (9, if you add the invisible Blueprints), of which 4 (5) can not be used from the Tab.

I personally prefer the dropdown option, as it allows finer control with less first-level screen real estate taken up.

Deleted User - 341074

I personally prefer the dropdown option
Do you ever play on mobile? More and more players do, and I think it's at the point where inno won't bother spending time or resources on features that don't play well on both platforms.

I think a split between "instants" and "boosts" along the lines your chart shows would basically solve the issue.

Edit:
I think there are only 8 types of coin, supply and PP, so 3 pages total followed by the troops instants
The boosts tab would have RR, BP, some artifacts, and a max of 2 pages of KP

Last edited by a moderator:

Gargon667

Mentor
I like where this is going, and back to the OP's idea.

The Alchemist building
At a cost of spell fragments and relics/artifacts/runes/shards this building produces thisthatandtheotherthing.
Basically, a second Magic Academy unlocked much later in the game that has totally new recipes.

It might be easier to just add another function to the MA, or a new tab as those seem to be all the rage ;)

Adding a new building adds a lot of new questions: how to introduce it to the game? when and where? Putting it into chapter 18 is kinda pointless as most players will never get there. Adding it to earlier chapters is unlikely and adds problems, too.
Having it as an event building doesn´t work as it wouldn´t be available to everyone forever It would have to become craftable in the MA, which isn´t a very elegant solution either as you can see with the neverending problem and sillyness around the fire phoenix and its artifacts.
It could be a grandprize in the spire (since that is where most of the SF come from anyway) but it would then create the problem of multiples again, so not a good solution either. So it would need a whole new approach like a new mystery chest that only pops up if you don´t have the building or some such, but I doubt Inno wants to put down much effort on this.
Gifting a new building to everybody no matter where in the game they are? Must be non-disenchantable, otherwise people will loose it. Can´t be big otherwise newbies can´t place it.

So I don´t see any good way of adding a new building really, so back to the start: must be in the MA. Preferably in a new and different tab from the crafting recipes, it would get very messy if they added another whole bunch of recipes there. They could even take out all the non catalyst recipes from there and add them in with the new tab.