• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New type of Building for artifacts

Deleted User - 341074

Adding a new building adds a lot of new questions: how to introduce it to the game? when and where? Putting it into chapter 18 is kinda pointless as most players will never get there. Adding it to earlier chapters is unlikely and adds problems, too.
It would certainly be a late-game feature, but perhaps not end game. Somewhere in the early teens when real excess of all those goods is normal.
Adding it to the MA is a possibility, just make a tech(s) unlock Magic Academy level 6 (and 7-10?) With the Spire I think paying diamonds is an acceptable cost. Those new MA level(s) would only unlock recipes in the new tab though, not speed up enchantment production as the earlier levels did.

Gargon667

Mentor
It would certainly be a late-game feature, but perhaps not end game. Somewhere in the early teens when real excess of all those goods is normal.
Adding it to the MA is a possibility, just make a tech(s) unlock Magic Academy level 6 (and 7-10?) With the Spire I think paying diamonds is an acceptable cost. Those new MA level(s) would only unlock recipes in the new tab though, not speed up enchantment production as the earlier levels did.

I´d say Spellfragments are so easily gained even early on it would be mean to keep it from people. I´d introduce it at the latest together with the spire.
If they wanted to stay away from forcing diamond upgrades (which I personally would prefer), they could use the evolving technology instead of the upgrade technology to add the new features to the MA.