• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New round of Fellowship Adventures.

m4rt1n

Adept
See my post HERE,

Coin badges need a rethink for players of ch21 and I assume going forward due to residences having multiple functionality of production.

I would say rather than increasing they should be halved at this point in the game.

Sir Derf

Adept
Devil's advocating...

Necklaces and Statues are still needed, despite most player's optimal buildings not being capable of producing them...

At least Ch 21 players have the option to collect or not collect coins.

m4rt1n

Adept
Devil's advocating...

Necklaces and Statues are still needed, despite most player's optimal buildings not being capable of producing them...

At least Ch 21 players have the option to collect or not collect coins.

Yes but now are ch21 players supposed to be penalised even more, no wonder late game players HATE the fellowship adventure so much, I am sure that is not what the developers intended.

Sir Derf

Adept
Sir Derf, Esq., appearing on behalf of my client, Mr. Beal Z. Bub...

Why not? Are advancing players required to have an unchanging experience?

Question 1: Tourney and Spire performance also have a partial Coins cost. I'd imagine that most player's strategies in those areas involved at least some negotiating. Are you concerned about Chapter 21 Residence changes impacts there as well? Personally, I find both the benefits and the frequency of Tourney and Spire to be more important, and thus of more concern, than inconveniences in the FA.

Question 2: I keep having (well deciding) to add new Manufactories as I progress and gain new Tiers of Goods, each time limiting my available space for other buildings. Will I be penalized in the FA when I enter Chapter 20, for needing/deciding to have T9 Manus? Was I penalized in the FA by having to build T8s now that I'm in Ch19? T7s when in Ch18? Did the penalties start all the way back in Ch8 when we started needing Orcs? Or was it Chapter 3, when we first needed the unnecessary-for-FA T2 Manus? Almost every Chapter added a wrinkle that reduced FA optimization. This Chapter 21 wrinkle is different in kind, but is it really different in effect?

m4rt1n

Adept

Why not? Are advancing players required to have an unchanging experience?

Question 1: Tourney and Spire performance also have a partial Coins cost. I'd imagine that most player's strategies in those areas involved at least some negotiating. Are you concerned about Chapter 21 Residence changes impacts there as well? Personally, I find both the benefits and the frequency of Tourney and Spire to be more important, and thus of more concern, than inconveniences in the FA.

Question 2: I keep having (well deciding) to add new Manufactories as I progress and gain new Tiers of Goods, each time limiting my available space for other buildings. Will I be penalized in the FA when I enter Chapter 20, for needing/deciding to have T9 Manus? Was I penalized in the FA by having to build T8s now that I'm in Ch19? T7s when in Ch18? Did the penalties start all the way back in Ch8 when we started needing Orcs? Or was it Chapter 3, when we first needed the unnecessary-for-FA T2 Manus? Almost every Chapter added a wrinkle that reduced FA optimization. This Chapter 21 wrinkle is different in kind, but is it really different in effect?

Yes so far to both points Sir Derf, Esq I would suggest Mr. Beal Z. Bub... looks now under the bed for spare coins, Judge Inno passed sentence that all residents in the communal housing be sentenced to "Community Work for all eternity with 10% daily destruction" so they have to work hard labour forever.

m4rt1n

Adept
Myself I will survive and continue to help my fellows contribute to the adventure despite the ruling of Judge Inno
Whatever the challenge...

SkyRider99

Immortal
What's the going rate for a Devil's Advocate these days? :p

1692232378593.png

SkyRider99

Immortal
Yes but now are ch21 players supposed to be penalised even more, no wonder late game players HATE the fellowship adventure so much, I am sure that is not what the developers intended.
I totally agree with your first part @m4rt1n. I am not so sure about the sentiments and tender mercies of the game devs though. :rolleyes:

Maybe we late game players (although you are far more advanced than I) are supposed to just rise above the hurly burly of game trivia such as the FAs. But I still feel the need to help my FS buddies despite the anguish. Life's a hitch and then you tie. :)

Sir Derf

Adept
Looking back on things, I feel like the proverbial frog in a pot of water...

I also realize that this all started going downhill with Lvl2 Residences, Workshops and Manufactories, when they started requiring Culture.

The size of the Shantytown I could put in if I didn't feel such an attachment to all my other buildings...

m4rt1n

Adept
I totally agree with your first part @m4rt1n. I am not so sure about the sentiments and tender mercies of the game devs though. :rolleyes:

Maybe we late game players (although you are far more advanced than I) are supposed to just rise above the hurly burly of game trivia such as the FAs. But I still feel the need to help my FS buddies despite the anguish. Life's a hitch and then you tie. :)

Hate is such a strong word, looking back, "dislike" would be far more appropriate, but another point regarding adventures, was the tiny/big cities that some fellowships used to score extreme were all auto advanced to ch 5 so I give it to the devs that they are trying.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Yes so far to both points Sir Derf, Esq I would suggest Mr. Beal Z. Bub... looks now under the bed for spare coins, Judge Inno passed sentence that all residents in the communal housing be sentenced to "Community Work for all eternity with 10% daily destruction" so they have to work hard labour forever.
Myself I will survive and continue to help my fellows contribute to the adventure despite the ruling of Judge Inno
Whatever the challenge...
I am enjoying this conversation way too much xD
Thanks for bringing a smile to my face guys, despite the FA being just around the corner ;) (not a FAn)

Last edited:

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Us late game players have the benefits of having older event buildings in our city that were actually good. Like having 5 Mermaid Evo's and a full Harvest Temple Set and therefore not needing any T1 manufactories to still contribute to the Bracelets badges.

Another benefit is having a large stock of Coin Rain Instants that we can use to help with the Coin badges while our residents perform the hard labour of Community Work. Personally I have no other use for the Coin Rains than during FA's... I always have a very high surplus of coins, so maybe this chapter will actually balance things a bit...

I mean, I just keep buying kp when my coins overflow the coin limit again, the cost for 1kp in my city is currently 6206K coins... The level 30 GA also helps make sure I never am short on coins, giving me around 18-19M coins every 3 hours (10.5M from the GA being lvl 30, the rest from culture bonus).

I agree with @m4rt1n that the current demand for coins in the FA is a tad on the high side, but it still hasn't led to any problems in our FS.

Hate is such a strong word, looking back, "dislike" would be far more appropriate, but another point regarding adventures, was the tiny/big cities that some fellowships used to score extreme were all auto advanced to ch 5 so I give it to the devs that they are trying.
And if all else fails, there's always this option now :p
In Fellowship Adventures the players will be able to pay waypoints using diamonds.

Jake65

Sage
I learnt something new from our FS chat yesterday:
Troops revived by a fed Twilight Phoenix count towards the Elvarian Guard badge.
The more troops you lose, the more badges you get. Something like that.

In other words, if you suck at fighting, now is your time to shine :D

Jake65

Sage
Apologies if this has been raised before, does anyone else playing on browser have to nudge the pit up to get to the plughole?
This is what I see when entering the pit. Not a biggie but mildly irritating :)

ThePits.jpg

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Apologies if this has been raised before, does anyone else playing on browser have to nudge the pit up to get to the plughole?
This is what I see when entering the pit. Not a biggie but mildly irritating :)

View attachment 7738
Are you zoomed in on your browser? Try CTRL+0 (zero) to reset zoom.

Jake65

Sage
Are you zoomed in on your browser? Try CTRL+0 (zero) to reset zoom.
No, 100%. If I zoom out to 80% then the flag is in view.
Could be my monitor setting or something like that I guess. It is a wide-ish screen.
I'll try it on a different monitor to check.