• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New round of Fellowship Adventures

Hekata

Artisan
Seems we were typing at the same time. I didn't plagiarise your comment :D
Haha, it happens :)

Whether this is fair would be an interesting debate. * grabs popcorn *
I'd say that it isn't fair. It's again pushing more advanced players to the side and levelling the field. What's the point in progressing in this game if you get 0 bonuses for it?

Jackluyt

Shaman
Confirmed: Fellowship Adventures is definitely starting in the Live Worlds on Tuesday 15th, not Thursday as we were predicting - apparently this may have been done deliberately to decrease the number of badges people can make when it spans two tournaments.
:)

1a1.jpg

Read all about the FA we recorded in Beta here:
https://tinyurl.com/bdf276vm
and general strategy here:
Fellowship Adventures Master File: https://tinyurl.com/mrxayvjt

Both of these files can be opened with a normal PC without any special programs like Facebook.

foolfighter

Alchemist
Again, too soon after the last one. My lot are suffering FA fatigue because Inno don't seem to be able to think of anything apart from Events and FAs. There used to be other things. An FA every 2 months is more than enough, and many of us would like a couple of weeks now and then to work on our cities without distraction. We don't have to have some competition going on all the time.

Sir Derf

Adept
I don't know that it is required, but FA after Event that gave an Evolving Building is an opportunity for 2 more Artifacts for those who didn't get enough in the Event.

Of course, decreasing them both would satisfy the "too many, too soon" crowd while having them paired.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Herodite, you're always our stalwart and, I am sure, much appreciated avenue to All Things Inno, unless of course even your own mystical psychic powers can't penetrate the Official Veil of Secrecy which, according to the tales of olden days, descends spookily at around the time when it's time to shock us all into silence with the latest FA-related horror story! Thank you for all that you do, from at least one of your fans... ^_^

Sir Derf

Adept
It had been a good day for Grask, son of Drizt; checking the snares in Mirkwood, taunting the sprites in the Swamps of Sorrow and digging for clams along the banks of the Rancid River. But a day full of fun was to end in terror upon hearing the scariest two words in all the realms... "Fellowship Adventure".

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Just out of curiosity I’m wondering why people hate FA. I understand that it was horrible when it started years back but it’s quite different now. I hope it’s not just carried over emotion from then that might not make sense any more. When we go only for prizes, it’s only matter of few badges per day per fellow to get to the pit. Of course, it’s much harder when the fellowship is not very active or doesn’t care about prizes but in this case everything is harder including tournaments and Spire and they repeat every week. Maybe it needs more relaxed approach not to make it horrible. Any ideas?

SkyRider99

Immortal
Maybe it needs more relaxed approach not to make it horrible. Any ideas?
One idea. Have fewer FAs, with maybe six per year being a more relaxed pace. I concur with @foolfighter :

An FA every 2 months is more than enough, and many of us would like a couple of weeks now and then to work on our cities without distraction. We don't have to have some competition going on all the time.
:)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
What about less tournaments to remove constant competition? I think they're little bit mind numbing and manual fighting is way too much work, FA seems to have more going on and has social part to it.

SkyRider99

Immortal
I see where you're coming from @Silly Bubbles. But my FS and I prefer the Tournament each week and its rewards, which we deem to be more valuable than those in the FAs. Particularly since the tournaments do not require brutalising our cities with shanty-town ghettos.

Although I have noticed that we get more chat during an FA from members who are otherwise quiet and shy. :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I see where you're coming from @Silly Bubbles. But my FS and I prefer the Tournament each week and its rewards, which we deem to be more valuable than those in the FAs. Particularly since the tournaments do not require brutalising our cities with shanty-town ghettos.

If you going just for prizes you don't need to build many small production buildings. Before the coins change, one player was able to to get to the pit on their own. I agree it's the competition that makes it much harder but when you just focus on the prizes it's quite easy.
So really, is the unnecessary competition worth the prizes? It's up to us how much effort we put in and make sure that we enjoy it, the rankings prizes (or anything else) aren't good enough to create hatred.

foolfighter

Alchemist
What about less tournaments to remove constant competition? I think they're little bit mind numbing and manual fighting is way too much work, FA seems to have more going on and has social part to it.
Only someone with too much time on their hands can do manual fighting in tournaments. But the main thing with tournaments is that I can do a round of autofighting in less than 10 mins per day, six times in a week, so not a major problem, and it doesn't require me to completely disrupt my city to play a tournament, unlike an FA.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
it doesn't require me to completely disrupt my city to play a tournament, unlike an FA.

The FA got really easy now, to get the prizes you don't need to disrupt your city much if you're in an active FS. If you want to be competitive then yes but then it's also your choice, it's not imposed on you by the game. The same way as the game doesn't impose top of the Spire or 10k and over tournament score. It's our personal choice so why we would choose to do something that we hate?