• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New FA

CrazyWizard

Shaman
How can you say the notice of a imminent FA is to allow players to switch FS if they want to, but is not intended to allow pre-production? Pre-production of long incubation items is an obvious consequence of the FA warning, why would anyone not take advantage of it?
Everyone knows the FAs turn up approximately every 2 months, usually very shortly after an event so we get the possibility of winning two more evolves, and in anycase their start in Beta is announced a week or two before they start in the worlds. So anyone wanting to switch FS has ample warning and opportunity.
If they really wanted to prevent pre-production they would announce the FA with perhaps 12 hrs warning - and I probably shouldn't have said that and given them ideas.

Because pre that change, we had no official notification.
But because people where cheating they had to close that loophole, this created another issue that people needed to switch either before or after an FA, and because of that we have a notification about 2 days before an event starts.

So it's not that they do not want you to know per-se it means the notification is not ment for pre-production.
So it's not that you are not allowed pre-productions, it's just they do not exist with the reason of pre-productions

You decide what to do with that notice.
Not sure you noticed but pretty much everything is noticed about 2 days in advance, updates, new events ect.
Why should they make an exception for the FA?

Also if you "know" then why wait for the notification and not just prepare for it?

FieryArien

Necromancer
I have been away for 1½ year, so don't remember what it used to be ;-)

Is this that time or is it a new one ?
Sorry, now I’m lost. I thought you asked when FA starts and I wrote my best guess based on past FA and event instances. I have no more (historical?) info.

DeletedUser

Sorry, now I’m lost. I thought you asked when FA starts and I wrote my best guess based on past FA and event instances. I have no more (historical?) info.
Yes, it was about what time it normally starts :)

Then i wrote that i don't remember that because i have been away for 1½ year :)

Gargon667

Mentor
How can you say the notice of a imminent FA is to allow players to switch FS if they want to, but is not intended to allow pre-production?

Because that is exactly what the notification says :D or not says ;)

Sir Derf

Adept
Because pre that change, we had no official notification.
But because people where cheating they had to close that loophole, this created another issue that people needed to switch either before or after an FA, and because of that we have a notification about 2 days before an event starts.

So it's not that they do not want you to know per-se it means the notification is not ment for pre-production.
So it's not that you are not allowed pre-productions, it's just they do not exist with the reason of pre-productions

You decide what to do with that notice.
Not sure you noticed but pretty much everything is noticed about 2 days in advance, updates, new events ect.
Why should they make an exception for the FA?

Also if you "know" then why wait for the notification and not just prepare for it?
In what way is pre-production cheating?

The FA allows you to collect Statue (and other) Badges as soon as the FA begins. Therefore, it is acceptable to start 48-hour (and other) production 48 hours (and other) before the FA starts. If the FA wanted to prevent pre-production, then the FA could lock the ability to collect Statue (and other) Badges until 48 hours (and other) into the FA.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
In what way is pre-production cheating?

The FA allows you to collect Statue (and other) Badges as soon as the FA begins. Therefore, it is acceptable to start 48-hour (and other) production 48 hours (and other) before the FA starts. If the FA wanted to prevent pre-production, then the FA could lock the ability to collect Statue (and other) Badges until 48 hours (and other) into the FA.

No in the past you could make 1000 badges on an account, then swap accounts and place those 1000 badges in your main guild, then swap in another account for anoter extra 1000 badges ect.

They closed this loophole by making it impossible for people to participate in the FA if you were not in the fellowship at the start of the event.
But this created another issue, if I plan to switch guilds tonight, and without warning it just started this morning I would be screwed.

So by pre announcing the FA, I get an headsup that I need to switch either yesterday, or next week,
Because if I already told my current fellowship I would leave today and they have another person waiting on it. then I am kicked out and stuck into no-mans land for a week.

So we get an annoucement, this means we do het an announcement but it was never ment as a pre warning for pre-production. and therefore it's not "wrong" that the announced it at the time they always annouce stuff.