• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

New FA

foolfighter

Alchemist
Not too happy with the short notice for the FA. In the past we have had 3 days notice, this time only 2. It might be just about OK for Europe-based players but given it take 2 days to produce statues and half our FS are down-under, asleep, and won't know about this for some hours, this is going to severely cut into our production. Was that the intent?

BlueBlou

Illusionist
You can only get 6 days worth of daily productions in once the FA starts as you would have had time creep on collections. Make no mistake, I hate the barely 48 hrs notice myself, but console myself that I would likely not have been able to do any more in any case. The late start on statues will just have to overflow in that period where you could not do more.

Hekata

Artisan
Most Europe-based players were at work when the notice appeared (and most still are) so it's not much better. Even if they can log in a for short while to collect and rest factories I doubt many have time to set up big shanty towns.

foolfighter

Alchemist
Most Europe-based players were at work when the notice appeared (and most still are) so it's not much better. Even if they can log in a for short while to collect and rest factories I doubt many have time to set up big shanty towns.
So it looks like intent on the part of Inno to make life more difficult for all of us, just because they can.

foolfighter

Alchemist
You can only get 6 days worth of daily productions in once the FA starts as you would have had time creep on collections. Make no mistake, I hate the barely 48 hrs notice myself, but console myself that I would likely not have been able to do any more in any case. The late start on statues will just have to overflow in that period where you could not do more.
It will certainly have an effect on my FS. In the normal course of events all 182 statues needed for the three maps (and probably some extra ones for the Pit) would be ready to collect as soon as the FA started - not this time.

foolfighter

Alchemist
Do our titles float about in the forum and is there any rationale to them :)
In my first response I am a "Dreamer", in my second a "Seeker".

Pauly7

Magus
This is why I assumed there would be an announcement yesterday if the FA was going to go ahead. Considering they've confirmed the bug had been fixed then I don't know why they couldn't have done that. Many people went ahead and started all their statues anyway. Personally I didn't because I didn't want to dismantle things only to find it had got cancelled.
I could play Devil's Advocate with this. You may only get the same number of 1 or 2 day collections in, but it may affect your ability to follow those up with the last 9 hour or 3 hour workshop collections.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I could play Devil's Advocate with this. You may only get the same number of 1 or 2 day collections in, but it may affect your ability to follow those up with the last 9 hour or 3 hour workshop collections.

True, but the discussion was about statues. Seeing as there are no more 3hr and 9hr badges for manus, they become idle sometime during the last day. Which leaves basically 2 options: (1) delete and replace with workshops or (2) speedup production to get another round of necklaces in. Don’t think I will go for the second option, not if you run a lot of level 1 manus.

foolfighter

Alchemist
True, but the discussion was about statues. Seeing as there are no more 3hr and 9hr badges for manus, they become idle sometime during the last day. Which leaves basically 2 options: (1) delete and replace with workshops or (2) speedup production to get another round of necklaces in. Don’t think I will go for the second option, not if you run a lot of level 1 manus.

But they are linked. Our plan is to produce all the Statues we think we are likely to want at the start of the FA. Then quite quickly the Level 1 T1s can be removed to be replaced by more workshops. The more Statue production impinges on the actual 6.5 days of the FA the more workshop production is prevented.

Gargon667

Mentor
This is why I assumed there would be an announcement yesterday if the FA was going to go ahead. Considering they've confirmed the bug had been fixed then I don't know why they couldn't have done that. Many people went ahead and started all their statues anyway. Personally I didn't because I didn't want to dismantle things only to find it had got cancelled.

I must have missed that bug fix announcement completely. I thought they had implemented the bug fix with todays update and then sent out the FA announcement afterwards. They could of course simply have announced it for Friday instead to make it 3 days notice...

But no matter, it is the same for every FS and we all have to deal with it.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
But they are linked. Our plan is to produce all the Statues we think we are likely to want at the start of the FA. Then quite quickly the Level 1 T1s can be removed to be replaced by more workshops. The more Statue production impinges on the actual 6.5 days of the FA the more workshop production is prevented.
If you do it like that, and you are not the only one, then it will have an impact. The alternative is to get the balance right between workshops needed and manus needed so you don’t have to switch over from the one to the other, but rather continue producing the various badges at a constant rate.

I must admit that my original comment of 6 days did not take into account that we actually have about 6 days and 7 hours for the FA, assuming we start at noon on Thursday and end at 19:00 Central European Standard time on Wednesday, or whatever CET stands for. They should rather use the international time descriptions to avoid confusion, but that is another argument.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
If you do it like that, and you are not the only one, then it will have an impact. The alternative is to get the balance right between workshops needed and manus needed so you don’t have to switch over from the one to the other, but rather continue producing the various badges at a constant rate.
That can never be the most efficient way with shanty towns because the manu badges are all 1 day or 2 day, so there's no point wasting all the space for any time remaining that's shorter than 24 hours. Better to get the longer badges cracked then later switch people to getting the quick (but space heavy) workshop badges.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Not too happy with the short notice for the FA. In the past we have had 3 days notice, this time only 2. It might be just about OK for Europe-based players but given it take 2 days to produce statues and half our FS are down-under, asleep, and won't know about this for some hours, this is going to severely cut into our production. Was that the intent?

That announcement only exist to give you the ability to switch before an FA so you do not miss out instead of planning a switch and then figuring out it's it's during an FA and your screwed. if you switch a fellowship in during an FA your excluded from participating. (to avoid people making goods on alts and then swapping those in and out of the fellowship)

It's never ment for you to preproduce goods.

2 days is plenty notice for the fist case to either speed up or communicate a delay of fellowship switching.

foolfighter

Alchemist

I must admit that my original comment of 6 days did not take into account that we actually have about 6 days and 7 hours for the FA, assuming we start at noon on Thursday and end at 19:00 Central European Standard time on Wednesday, or whatever CET stands for. They should rather use the international time descriptions to avoid confusion, but that is another argument.

No, to run all productions all the way through is just really inefficient. It makes total sense to pre-incubate as many badges as possible with the longest incubation times (Statues and Blacksmiths) before any actual FA time is used. It is also no problem at all to switch from T1s to workshops part-way through the FA

foolfighter

Alchemist
That announcement only exist to give you the ability to switch before an FA so you do not miss out instead of planning a switch and then figuring out it's it's during an FA and your screwed. if you switch a fellowship in during an FA your excluded from participating. (to avoid people making goods on alts and then swapping those in and out of the fellowship)

It's never ment for you to preproduce goods.

2 days is plenty notice for the fist case to either speed up or communicate a delay of fellowship switching.

How can you say the notice of a imminent FA is to allow players to switch FS if they want to, but is not intended to allow pre-production? Pre-production of long incubation items is an obvious consequence of the FA warning, why would anyone not take advantage of it?
Everyone knows the FAs turn up approximately every 2 months, usually very shortly after an event so we get the possibility of winning two more evolves, and in anycase their start in Beta is announced a week or two before they start in the worlds. So anyone wanting to switch FS has ample warning and opportunity.
If they really wanted to prevent pre-production they would announce the FA with perhaps 12 hrs warning - and I probably shouldn't have said that and given them ideas.