• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbours keep moving and quest clicking

DeletedUser5352

Hello my Elvenar friends,
I have 110 provinces complete and at the moment there are 12 neighbours on the move (all at the same time), 10 inactive for months and the rest of them, except of 7 are beginners………
With the enormous demand on population (for upgrading buildings) and on products or troops for getting expansions (to add buildings for population), plus the lack of neighbours able to trade, it is impossible to continue playing the game. A FS can only help you so far and how about those who want to play solo?
I believe many experience the same problem.
The most of the time, I feel like I’m placed in the trash bin of the map...
I really don’t see what’s the use of scouting provinces anymore if you can't use them for trade with neighbours!

Another problem is that I seat on my computer for more than 2 hours clicking and rotating the quest window, to get essentially to play for half an hour at the most. Many times during the day, I don't log in to the game, because I don't have that much time to lose.
Am I the only one here who feels like losing useless and without fun many-many hours ?

All of this makes people lose they enthusiasm for the game and want to quit playing, but it is a pity for all the effort we have put on it.
I thought of buying expansions and upgrades, but after a while it’s going to be the same. It supposed to be a free game. Spend some money it's ok, but not all the time.

Maybe keep players of the same level together on the map and when they move up, then place them to another section of a corresponding level. The trade would be easier with the same demands for everyone in the neighbourhoods. Scouting provinces would be beneficial for the players and it would motivate beginners to level up.

And maybe stop this endless quest clicking with a drop down list.

Please, please, please change something to keep the fun in the game!!!

DeletedUser5976

Cannot agree more. Also the stream of new players seems to have become a trickle. 3 cities that have been deleted in the neighbourhood have not been filled up after two days, where in the past it would take only a few hours.

DeletedUser7036

Unfortunately, I personally think many of your points are designed by Inno to drive players to this very action. They are a for profit company, after all.
You are right!!
But even that is poorly planned by Inno, because you will pay once, the problems after a while are going to be the same and then you will not pay any more.
It is not very clever to keep your "clients" dissatisfied.....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6743

I had zero active neighbours. Half of them vacated, everything to the north never replaced, until I finally got moved.

DeletedUser5976

You are lucky, I live in the hope of getting moved one day. In this last week about half of my neighbours have been removed and replace again. For the fifth time.

Last edited by a moderator:

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Talking to a few friends that joined the game recently.. I've found that the main routes in via third party apps like fb & the mobile app, have a tendency to slot players into the newer or country specific game worlds elvenar has. So poor old Arendyll is suffering a bit from lack of newbies and even the ones coming in to help friends are being cosily planted elsewhere not understanding they are building and spending in a different game world to the friends they are looking for. Of course good friends will leave the wrong game world and set up again where needed but its such a shame when they lose $ or feel a pull to play on 2 game worlds and stretched for time.

When I first started playing elvenar .. there was one game world and yeah of course i understand the advantages and strategy of having new game worlds opening regularly but would hope that a good game developer and company like Inno would be able to manage that strategy without tossing the original game world on the scrapheap

DeletedUser5352

Are you emptying our maps? When I opened the thread there were 12 neighbours on the move. After a day they become 17 and now they are 21.....
What is going on? Can anyone tell us what is happening?

DeletedUser5352

You are lucky, I live in the hope of getting moved one day. In this last week about half of my neighbours have been removed and replace again. For the fifth time.
Sadly it is not going to be any better in an other place of the map.....

DeletedUser6743

It's better for the moment, at least. Only one vacated plot so far.

DeletedUser5352

Are you emptying our maps? When I opened the thread there were 12 neighbours on the move. After a day they become 17 and now they are 21.....

DeletedUser3097

Hi @Neffeli

The empty spaces are being created when either people are deleted due to inactivity or if they have been moved to a better place on the map. Inactive players are removed daily to make room for new players which might be why you are seeing so many empty spaces. In the empty spaces are goldmines which is an improvement on what was there in the past- nothing!

Every Monday, an automated process occurs which moves players who meet certain criteria to better places on the map. You must have the following selected to be eligible for movement:

in-game go to Settings, the cog in the right bottom of the screen > Options then
movement option.png

There is no guarantee when this will occur as it is dependent on a suitable place being available which matches your boosts. Cities waiting to move which are furthest from the centre will take priority over those nearest to the centre.

I looked at your position on Felyndral and you do look like you're (almost) all alone so hopefully you will be moved soon!

DeletedUser5352

Hi @Neffeli

The empty spaces are being created when either people are deleted due to inactivity or if they have been moved to a better place on the map. Inactive players are removed daily to make room for new players which might be why you are seeing so many empty spaces. In the empty spaces are goldmines which is an improvement on what was there in the past- nothing!

Every Monday, an automated process occurs which moves players who meet certain criteria to better places on the map. You must have the following selected to be eligible for movement:

in-game go to Settings, the cog in the right bottom of the screen > Options then View attachment 2908

There is no guarantee when this will occur as it is dependent on a suitable place being available which matches your boosts. Cities waiting to move which are furthest from the centre will take priority over those nearest to the centre.

I looked at your position on Felyndral and you do look like you're (almost) all alone so hopefully you will be moved soon!
Dear Dizzy Lizy
I do not wish to be moved. I have scouted and discovered so many provinces and I do have 3-4 neighbours good with trade, but it is frustrated the rest of my neighbourhood to be emty, inactiv or total beginners. It's impossible to trade and you can not progress with only 3 activ neighbours and 5 members in the FS in which only beginners apply.
That is why I suggested in my first post : "Maybe keep players of the same level together on the map and when they move up, then place them to another section of a corresponding level. The trade would be easier with the same demands for everyone in the neighbourhoods. Scouting provinces would be beneficial for the players and it would motivate beginners to level up."

DeletedUser5976

I have scouted and discovered so many provinces
You you don't loose provinces you have scouted. The green patch around your city stays the same after a mover. There will just be different neigbours around you and the theory behind the move is that you will have more neighbours to trade with.

DeletedUser5352

You you don't loose provinces you have scouted. The green patch around your city stays the same after a mover. There will just be different neigbours around you and the theory behind the move is that you will have more neighbours to trade with.
But it will still be a risk. I mean if the new neighbour would be better or worst.....

DeletedUser5976

But it will still be a risk. I mean if the new neighbour would be better or worst.....
Yeah no guarantees if they are the kind that give NH and post fair trades, but the area should be having more active players to begin with, otherwise no point to the move of course. Ach well I get NH from my FS and can trade with them so I'm too much bothered. I only wonder how it would be to have more active neighbours.

Lelanya

Mentor
Ah Neffeli
When I started I gamed in an offshoot node out on the rim. I had 5 good neighbours and occasionally we got new players. Every so often a big restructure happens and in this case most moved together and into a mature centre. I stayed but got moved a month later also to a mature centre. I had to learn the new layout but love where I am located now

DeletedUser7036

I want and need to scout provinces, but the left side of the map is empty (no citys) and on the right they demand products I don't have (can't produce them yet).....My aunt told us it's a great game.......

DeletedUser5976

Your best bet would be to scout evenly around your city so in a circle and hope that in time either you will be moved or you will get new neighbours to the left of your city. Uneven scouting gives all kinds of problems. Joining an FS will at least help you with trading.