• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighborly Help

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
Did you know...

... that you always will get coins when you give Neighborly Help, and, if it is reciprocated, you will also get supplies for it? How much you will receive depends on the level of your Main Hall. If you are visiting from your Notification or Fellowship button underneath your Profile, you can identify what you can expect: coins only or coins and supplies. If the symbol (hands) on the right-hand side of the player's name is green, you will get coins only. If the hands are golden, you can expect coins and supplies.

Three times a day (or per 24 hours), you also get a Help Chest as an additional reward containing a relic, a knowledge point, or an enchantment plus some goods. The amount of goods depends on Ancient Wonders (Crystal Lighthouse and Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood for Elves and Great Bellspire and Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood) and their levels.

Gargon667

Mentor
Did you know...

That you always will get coins when you give Neighborly Help, and, if it is reciprocated, you will get also supplies for it? How much you will receive is depending on the level of your Main Hall. If you are visiting from your Notification or Fellowship button underneath your Profile, you can identify what you can expect: coins only or coins and supplies. If the symbol (hands) on the right hand side of the player's name is green, you will get coins only. If the hands are golden, you can expect coins and supplies.

Three times a day (or per 24 hours) you also get a Help Chest as additional reward which can contain a relic, a knowledge poin or an enchantment plus some goods. The amount of goods is depending on Ancient Wonders (Crystal Lightouse and Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood for Elves and Great Bellspire and Lighthouse of Good Neighborhood) and their levels.

a small technical addon: you get supplies if you reciprocate, not if someone else does.

I would take the part about the goods out, it isn´t part of neighbour help itself, people might think they are supposed to get goods for neighbour help and only the amount depends on AWs. If you do want to include this info, at least include the complete list, Sunset Tower for seeds? Also the Lighthouse of good neighbourhood gives you nothing for helping anyone, instead it improves mana production in a building that has received help from your neighbours. But anyway all of these AWs are really rather weak ones and I would not recommend any of them to anyone.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
While we are on the topic of neighbourly help, I have a problem with how the info for the Watchtower Ruins is worded.

C4C865F4-4408-4014-A903-6EE60B24F906.jpeg

It says ‘Increases the amount of Bonus Culture for Neighborly Help’. That means if I help anybody by tapping their culture building, I will get culture. Does not sound right. The sentence probably should read ‘increases the amount of Bonus Culture from Neighbourly Help’.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Well, @BlueBlou, I am not a grammar expert. However, "received" is linked to the adjective "the Amount of Bonus culture." (elsewhere, it can be "coins" or "supplies." Furthermore, we have the preposition "for" linking to "Neighborly Help," which is getting modified in the sentence. So, the sentence specifies that only the culture received is modified here.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Not a grammarian either, but pretty sure that's not an adjective.
DISCLAIMER: <Not a Grammarian>

I think you are correct @schadenfreude.
Is it perhaps a phrase, with an embedded adjective? Could we dangle a participle to find out? :)

A dangling participle is a modifier that doesn't seem to modify anything. It occurs when the word being modified is either left out of the sentence or isn't located near the modifier. Put another way, a dangling participle is a modifier in search of a word to modify.

In grammar, a dangling participle is an adjective that is unintentionally modifying the wrong noun in a sentence. An example is: "Walking through the kitchen, the smoke alarm was going off." This sentence literally means that the smoke alarm was taking a stroll.

DISCLAIMER: <Not a Grammarian>
I am just adding some semi-pointless grammar for entertainment. No verbs were injured during the production.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I'm sure that my grammar would be quite interesting/annoying to analyse, there' s lot of dangling :D
PS: I've never been linguistically gifted in any language. I can't be good at everything! ;) :D