• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Mystical Objects reward chances

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I was always quite sceptical about whether the shown chances of rewards in the Mystical Objects matched the actual statistics, specifically when it came down to the chance of getting Diamonds from the chests, so I decided to do a 'little' experiment.

It started with a lot of crafting that led to this:
1692620905984.png

When I noticed I had >400 Mystical Objects saved up, I decided it was time to open them!

It took me 16 minutes and 50 seconds to do so, which was not bad in my opinion :) My mouse operating finger-muscles were a tiny bit sore afterwards though ;)
(If interested, I recorded my screen while opening them all, can upload to YouTube upon request).

This was the result:
1692621081969.png

So out of the 10 chests that are in rotation, 4 chests give a chance of Diamonds, 2 with 20% chance and 2 with 10% chance, so average 15% chance per chest, which brings the chance per 10 chests down to 6%. I hit Diamonds 22 times, which comes down to 5.38%, quite close to the predicted 6%.
If you look at all the percentages in the Total Haul, you can see that most percentages somewhat match the predicted chances, so that is actually not too disappointing! Of course I would've rather seen the top 10 prizes shown in the Total Haul in green and the (imho) useless buildings in the lower half in red, but the odds were not in my favour ;)

I suspect that if I were to open 1000 Mystical Objects, the results would creep closer and closer to the predicted chances. So it's actually surprisingly sort-of-accurate, which I did not expect to be perfectly honest. I always really thought Inno was ripping me off with those % :p , because I hardly ever seemed to hit the 500 Diamonds option when I opened around 30-40 chests at once. But with a much larger haul all at once, the statistics seem to be quite ok after all. Which is how statistics work of course, power in numbers :)

I did end up with a large number of KP because I hit the 35x KP reward 85 times o_O And because I have a Dragon Ark at lvl 16, I also got 8 CC's per opened Mystical Object, so my stash of CC's was also nicely filled after this haul ;)
1692626624825.png

Anyway, hope you all like my little experiment. As of now I will be opening every Mystical Object as soon as I get it though, because in the time I saved up >400 of them, the Diamonds percentages in the chests were nerfed twice I believe, so I'd have been better off opening them sooner, but I was determined to do a larger experiment, so I have to live with the consequences of that decision :rolleyes:;)

Last edited:

Jake65

Sage
Thanks for this post, very interesting.
And impressive!! Those CCs, wow :D

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I didn't record my starting date, but I saw in the other thread that I had 28,5K VV in January, so I added 12,4K in 8 months (+/- a few hundred VV, because I sometimes did open a couple MO if I was in desperate need of Diamonds). It probably took me a little over 2 years to gather the total amount.

mountaindew

Seeker
I didn't record my starting date, but I saw in the other thread that I had 28,5K VV in January, so I added 12,4K in 8 months (+/- a few hundred VV, because I sometimes did open a couple MO if I was in desperate need of Diamonds). It probably took me a little over 2 years to gather the total amount.
Over 2 years of looking at the chests without opening it is incredible hahah!

Jake65

Sage
I was always quite sceptical about whether the shown chances of rewards in the Mystical Objects matched the actual statistics, specifically when it came down to the chance of getting Diamonds from the chests, so I decided to do a 'little' experiment.

It started with a lot of crafting that led to this: View attachment 7733
When I noticed I had >400 Mystical Objects saved up, I decided it was time to open them!

It took me 16 minutes and 50 seconds to do so, which was not bad in my opinion :) My mouse operating finger-muscles were a tiny bit sore afterwards though ;)
(If interested, I recorded my screen while opening them all, can upload to YouTube upon request).

This was the result: View attachment 7734
So out of the 10 chests that are in rotation, 4 chests give a chance of Diamonds, 2 with 20% chance and 2 with 10% chance, so average 15% chance per chest, which brings the chance per 10 chests down to 6%. I hit Diamonds 22 times, which comes down to 5.38%, quite close to the predicted 6%.
If you look at all the percentages in the Total Haul, you can see that most percentages somewhat match the predicted chances, so that is actually not too disappointing! Of course I would've rather seen the top 10 prizes shown in the Total Haul in green and the (imho) useless buildings in the lower half in red, but the odds were not in my favour ;)

I suspect that if I were to open 1000 Mystical Objects, the results would creep closer and closer to the predicted chances. So it's actually surprisingly sort-of-accurate, which I did not expect to be perfectly honest. I always really thought Inno was ripping me off with those % :p , because I hardly ever seemed to hit the 500 Diamonds option when I opened around 30-40 chests at once. But with a much larger haul all at once, the statistics seem to be quite ok after all. Which is how statistics work of course, power in numbers :)

I did end up with a large number of KP because I hit the 35x KP reward 85 times o_O And because I have a Dragon Ark at lvl 16, I also got 8 CC's per opened Mystical Object, so my stash of CC's was also nicely filled after this haul ;)
View attachment 7736

Anyway, hope you all like my little experiment. As of now I will be opening every Mystical Object as soon as I get it though, because in the time I saved up >400 of them, the Diamonds percentages in the chests were nerfed twice I believe, so I'd have been better off opening them sooner, but I was determined to do a larger experiment, so I have to live with the consequences of that decision :rolleyes:;)
@Laurelin is this what you're looking for?