• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Mushroom farms and rally points

• Thread starter Deleted User - 199306
  • Start date

Deleted User - 199306

I'm starting orcs chapter. Any suggestions on how many farms and rally points I should have? Like what's the optimal number?

Deleted User - 106219

Depends on how long you want to wait. I'd say at least 30 Farms and 3 Rally Points.

Deleted User - 199306

Thanks. I'm in no hurry though. I mean I have yet to see beneficts in rushing through this game :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
There is no benefit in rushing in an unending game, except you have wind in your face if you open the window :rolleyes:

I did it with 20 farms and 2 rally points, all first upgraded to level 4 and it took me the time the next chapter took to come (about 3-4 months)

DeletedUser

One of my FS said the ratio of farms to rally points is 7:1, I did it with around 42 farms a few of which I sold to accommodate the 4th rally point, I upgraded portal, all farms and 2 rally points to 4 before continuing with the tree as I just don't see the point of doing odd bits of tech here and there without getting the maximum number of loot, shrooms of wisdom; and the other 2 rally points were lvls 2 and 1 as I didn't need 4 producing at maximum speed, they were there just to keep the armaments ticking over.

Deleted User - 199306

I plan to upgrade farms and portal to max first. Did that with Dwarves and fairies as well and that worked well for me. I don't know yet, how many farms and rally points I will get for this chapter... but thank you all for telling how you did it :)

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
i did orcs by putting mushroomfarms untill my map was completly full. after building up some mushroom stock i then replaced the farms with rallypoints, initially 2, but ended up building 2 more at the end when i had enough wisdoomshrooms and needed the other thing for research (the last 2 rally points i never leveled)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
i did orcs by putting mushroomfarms untill my map was completly full. after building up some mushroom stock i then replaced the farms with rallypoints, initially 2, but ended up building 2 more at the end when i had enough wisdoomshrooms and needed the other thing for research (the last 2 rally points i never leveled)
This could be a good trick, I did the same with woodelves fabrics : I first fill all with the forest fabrics to get the mana tears faster and I removed the extra fabrics to make room for the grafting sites when needed... that surely saves time ;)

Last edited:

DeletedUser1829

I plan to upgrade farms and portal to max first. Did that with Dwarves and fairies as well and that worked well for me. I don't know yet, how many farms and rally points I will get for this chapter... but thank you all for telling how you did it :)

You need 3 rally points if you are doing the main line quests. I did one town with 12 farms and 3 rally points but 20-30 farms and 3 rally points was better.

Note that not all the buildings need to go to level 4. Rally point levels only increase time for production, if you play several times a day then this is good but if you play twice a day you might only level 1 or none. Also not all mushroom farms need to be level 4 either. you will want 12 minimum at level 4 but adjust as needed.

Another good thing to note is orcs tend to need more mushroom farms towards the start and more rally points towards the end so you may choose to build some level 1 mushroom farms initially with plans to remove them later. For example build 30 farms (20 at level 4) and 3 rally points then delete 10 farms later in the era to place a 4th rally point.

I found that even with 12 mushroom farms they eventually sat idle later in the chapter waiting for loot to produce.

Last edited by a moderator: