• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived message alerts too much, leads to deleted conversations

DeletedUser

When the message icon, top left of screen, shows new messages, after I look at the new message and close the msg box, the alert disappears. But quite often it comes back when there are no actual new messages.
Once this starts, it seems to keep repeating and the only way to stop it is to click the delete box against the msg in the list. If I do this after the alert has come back as noted above, but before any new massages are posted on the conversation, the whole conversation is sometimes deleted, which is NOT what I necessarily want. I have lost several messages and conversations this way that I did not want to.
I am not sure if this is consistent. It seems that sometimes when I hit the delete box I do not lose the conversation, and sometimes I do
If this is just me not understanding how this system works, and not a bug, could you please point me to somewhere that tells me how to properly operate the msg system

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser815

Thank you VeryWicked for your report.

This is a duplicate of this report and has been forwarded for fixing.

DeletedUser

Thank you VeryWicked for your report.

This is a duplicate of this report and has been forwarded for fixing.

The original report is nearly two months old.
Could there be somewhere on the forums where known bugs, not yet fixed are posted? Together with what is the best way to handle things until it is fixed?
My fellowship lost a member because of this glitch, and I have lost contact with a couple of people I would rather stay in contact with I didn't bother recording thier names because I assumed that I would keep their messages until I consciously wanted to delete them). Which detracts quite a lot from the enjoyment of playing.