• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [7674] 63 new messages

DeletedUser289

My inbox tells me I have 63 new messages. I click on it and there are no new ones at all. But at least the 63 number vanishes.

A few clicks around the map later and the 63 is back again. Repeat of the above.

To save you time confirming it, here's the link to where someone reported it on Beta:

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/7674-reappearing-messages.3761/

What is the point of a Beta test server if nothing is fixed before an update hits the live worlds?

DeletedUser3

Hi quicksilver! Thanks for reporting this issue! As you can see from the beta report, this issue has been confirmed and reported to our development team for fixing. Unfortunately, though we do our best, and with the best will in the world, it is sometimes not possible to fix every issue in the time between the update on beta and the update on the live servers. This happens to be one that could not be fixed in time.

Some players have found that clearing the browser cache resolves this issue, so please do give that a try and of course let us know if this resolves the issue for you, thank you :)

DeletedUser820

I have the same problem except I have 138 new messages :D

DeletedUser417

Same here, showing old messages and notifications as unseen. When I click the envelope or bell they are gone but after every visit to Research, Trader or provinces they re-appear. Zodoax, means you need to clean up mail centre LOL

DeletedUser

Lots of people have this issue in my fellowship, including me. It displays every single message in my inbox as unread, although they've all been read ;)
Screenshot_7.png
Screenshot_8.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser417

I also want to let you know that I almost thought I went crazy and removed unread mails. So we started testing (on Winyandor) and obviously I don't receive all mails that are sent to me. Mail centre deffo messed up. Not very handy in my position in my FS. Removed cookies, emptied cache, rebooted, problem still occurring. Is someone else experiencing the same issue?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser277

I also want to let you know that I almost thought I went crazy and removed unread mails. So we started testing (on Winyandor) and obviously I don't receive all mails that are sent to me. Mail centre deffo messed up. Not very handy in my position in my FS. Removed cookies, emptied cache, rebooted, problem still occurring. Is someone else experiencing the same issue?

Hi Narq, this sounds like quite a different issue to the one the thread was created for, and from how you describe it its an issue that worries me to :eek:. Perhaps create a new 'potential bug' thread for it so it can be discussed properly.

DeletedUser

I am also getting that problem and it is also happening with the alerts . I look at the alerts and they go as normal but if I then go to the world map when I come back the alerts are there again .

DeletedUser3

Hey all! Thanks for your confirmations of this issue :)
The issue has been forwarded to our development team and a fix is in the pipeline :)

DeletedUser38

I also have this problem and my notifications do the same thing.

Deleted User - 67582

I hope this "issue" has not been raised before; The message page tab and chat line tabs show red when new chats have started or if actions have been carried out with trades or visits on your kingdom. Accepting these clears the red tab. However if I move off the town page to the world map or to the research page and then return to the town page, the red tabs have re-appeared. This happens every time. It's a bit frustrating as you don't know if it's a new message or not and have to open to make sure. I don't think it's necessary to have the red tab re-appearing with the same information once it has already been accepted.

DeletedUser

Hello there Saski the Great!

This issue has been raised and forwarded to the dev team in this thread here: [7674] 63 new messages
Should get fixed rather soon (hopefully).

Regards,
Valerius

DeletedUser815

Thank you Saski the Great for reporting your issue and thank you Valerius.

You preceded me in posting the same answer :) ... by a minute :D

I will merge this thread with the one you so kindly linked as it is the same issue.

DeletedUser

unfortunately, as far as i can see, this bug is not one of those scheduled to be fixed in tomorrow's update :(

DeletedUser

Well there was a very brief post about this getting fixed in the upcoming update... It disappeared very quickly though... :rolleyes:
(But not before I liked it! :p)