• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Maths problem

DeletedUser441

My Main Hall requires 133k mana to upgrade. If one Weeping Willow produces 186 p/h then three produce 558 p/h , making a daily total of 13392 (which is just over 10% of 133k). As we lose 10% mana every 24 hours how long will it take my mana to reach 133k. (Please disregard any other mana producing culture buildings)
10-incredible-cats-that-look-like-famous-people-6.jpg

DeletedUser

Yeah, cutting it that close really slows down your mana accumulation as you near the cost for the main hall upgrade.

Using my bad math skills I would say about 48 days, assuming you never lost any mana by not collecting within the 15 hour window for that building has for a max. I think you could game that down by trying to get the buildings almost full before the 10% daily deduction takes place and then collecting immediately afterward as only the collected mana is subject to the 10% reduction.

A fourth weeping willow cuts the time down to about 13 days and I'm sure a fifth would shrink it down even more.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

Thanks for taking the time to work it out ;). I've looked closely at my city and see that I can free up 68 squares (nearly 3 expansions) , so I think another Weeping Willow is a must. Plus I can put up another AW. :) Problem is it involves a lot of moving things around.:( Time to get busy :eek:.

Deleted User - 106219

I have finished Woodleves in two cities - one elven, one human - and in both I used 12 Willows.

If you don't have the space for more Willows try building some of the small mana-producing buildings. While the amounts they produce are small it all adds up over time.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
Sometimes you can 'cheat' the nightly decay. just start a production or upgrade a building that takes a bit of mana. wait till the decay time passes and then cancel the productions/upgrades. Ofcourse this only stretches your max capacity a little bit so its definitely not the best way to go. Just add more mana production buildings :)

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I did the woodelves with 10 willows and it was just enough to stick to my guest goods maximum production capacity...

By the math, you can know that your maximum mana production in 9 times your daily max production but because the decaying is cumulative, the longer you need to collect what you need, the slower you will add more to the pot because your decay loss is exponential when your production isn't :eek:... so i recommand to have enough willows to cover twice your maximum need to stay on the lower part of the curve because this mathematical function is infinite (it has no end)... :) (look at Zeno's paradoxes - Wikipedia (also known as Achilles' turtle) for more details)

A bit more about "exponential loss"...
Imagine you can produce 100 mana daily (to have "rounded" numbers)...
Day 1, you produce 100, 100 is in the pot, you loose 10 at night, you really produced 100-10=90, 90 is in the pot
Day 2, you produce 100, 190 is in the pot, you loose 19 at night, you really produced 100-19=81, 171 in the pot...
Day 3, you produce 100, 271 is in the pot, you loose 27.1 at night, you really produced 100-27.1=72.9, 243.9 in the pot...
etc... the more time passes before you use your mana, the more you loose, the less you really daily produce...

Last edited:

DeletedUser441

Thanks for the tips everyone :). I just rearranged my city and gained enough space to put up two more w' Willows and my Hero's Forge :D. The maths question was because I know there's a formula and can't remember it. The maths I can do ;). I've got 5 WWs now , that'll have to be enough .