• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Quests Make the Elementals quest requiring 5x Workshops L28 OPTIONAL (could decline it)

Perte

Dreamer
Hi and thanks for the amazing game!

I'm progressing nicely in Elvenar. Thanks to the "power of provision" spell, the "supply windfall" instant and some AW and event buildings, I've been happily living with only 2 workshops.

I thought this playstyle had been taken into account as quests requiring a big number of workshops could be declined in previous chapters:

- In dwarves, the quest "Dwarven Craftsmanship : Have 2 Workshops at level 16 or higher" can be declined ✅
- In fairies, the quest "Workshops Have a workshop Level 18 or higher" can be declined ✅
- In orcs, the quest "Powerful Workshops Have at least 2 Workshops at level 20 or higher" can be declined ✅
- In Woodelves, the quest "Unselfish Motivation: Have at least 7 Workshops at level 22 or higher" can be declined ✅
- In sorcerers, the quest "Dean Durcu Have 5 Workshops at Level 24 or higher" can be declined ✅
- in Halflings, the quest "Cultural Exchange: Have at least 5 Workshops level 26 or higher" can be declined ✅

However I reached the Elementals chapter and the quest "Forging the Masks Have at least 5 Workshops at level 28 and Produce 20 Toolboxes" can't be declined ⛔⛔⛔ And here I am, stuck for a week building useless workshops that I'll have to delete afterward! Such a waste!

Could we allow declining "forging masks" or at least split the "5 Workshops at level 28" into a separate, declinable quest?

Having a sneak peek at the next chapters, I see that similar quests can't be declined as well:
- Amuni: Temple and the coffin Have 5 Workshops level 30 Produce 10 Simple Tools Produce 5 Toolboxes ⛔
- Constructs: The Society of the Constructs Have 8 Residences level 32 Have 4 Workshops level 32 Have 12 Ports for Production Islands ⛔

Could we also decline those?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited:

DeletedUser12365

Could we allow declining "forging masks" or at least split the "5 Workshops at level 28" into a separate, declinable quest?

Having a sneak peek at the next chapters, I see that similar quests can't be declined as well:
- Amuni: Temple and the coffin Have 5 Workshops level 30 Produce 10 Simple Tools Produce 5 Toolboxes ⛔
- Constructs: The Society of the Constructs Have 8 Residences level 32 Have 4 Workshops level 32 Have 12 Ports for Production Islands ⛔

Could we also decline those?

Thanks a lot!
No I dont think you can because in chapter 2 there are quests like that that you cant decline.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
There's one in Embassies as well. At least in that chapter, magic workshops counted as 2, so that quest auto-completed for me. It's probably the same in previous chapters. (Not very helpful if you don't have magic workshops though) You can wait until the following chapter, when all quests become declineable, but it's annoying if it means missing out on rewards you really want. I agree it would be better if they could be optional at the time.

Perte

Dreamer
No I dont think you can because in chapter 2 there are quests like that that you cant decline.

I think in chapter 2 the player is supposed to learn the mechanics of "supplies", the player is not at the stage of selecting a playstyle yet. Hence the quest rightfully not being declinable.

This doesn't apply down the lane.

Perte

Dreamer
My point is that those quests are optional in 6 consecutive chapters, why not keeping that way in the subsequent chapters? Or my supplies will keep overflowing...

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I agree. I only have two magic workshops and I won't build more just to complete a story quest. Personally, I think they should be all optional as they become so anyway once you enter next chapter. It's possible that they designed these quests to slow us down as a lot of them push us to do things that aren't strategically best to do.

DeletedUser12365

There's one in Embassies as well. At least in that chapter, magic workshops counted as 2, so that quest auto-completed for me. It's probably the same in previous chapters. (Not very helpful if you don't have magic workshops though) You can wait until the following chapter, when all quests become declineable, but it's annoying if it means missing out on rewards you really want. I agree it would be better if they could be optional at the time.
I agree but I don't use money in game so no magic workshops for me

Alcaro

Necromancer
All quests should be declinable since you can decline them at the end of the chapter / first foot into the next one. Those who want to complete them they still can do, those who don't - let them be! Do not force us to play the same way!
The argument that are designed to slow us down is flawed IMO. The last chapters are soooooo slooooow that we really don't need anything else to slow us down.

Last edited:

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I agree but I don't use money in game so no magic workshops for me
I am up to 14 total blue roofs and I have not spent money on any of them. They all came free compliments of the Spire. It does make chaptering slow to a crawl trying to upgrade everything each chapter though, but allows you to run a very efficient ship.

Perte

Dreamer
I'm climbing the spire up to level 2 nearly every week and I've not yet been lucky enough to get any magic building.

Alcaro

Necromancer
:D :D those elusive Magic WS! I got one years ago, then I think were 2 years without any Magic WS, so I bought 2 and, ofc, after that I won other 2 in Spire :D :D Now they rot in my Inventory cause I don't need them.