• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Magic Academy Spell Creation Changed

owl76

Bard
I set my MA off to produce combining catalysts. Now when I look at it they are showing as inspiring meditations. Also, the order of the spells has changed - it used to be CCs at the far right.

1685546855213.png

Jake65

Sage
I noticed exactly the same. Wasn't sure if it was my PC playing tricks so cancelled all the productions and started CCs again.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I set my MA off to produce combining catalysts. Now when I look at it they are showing as inspiring meditations. Also, the order of the spells has changed - it used to be CCs at the far right.

View attachment 7422
I have the same situation, and so do more people in my FS. So not only were the productions that I started last night (5x CC's, I even checked!!) changed overnight to IM's, I now also have to get used to not being able to just semi-automatically hit the 5 shortkey to start CC's, but have to get used to it all being switched up and hit a different number instead.

And of course, again without any form of announcement upfront. Hope it's a bug and will get reverted because this is just annoying.

m4rt1n

Adept
Mine has changed also, I was producing CC's but now have IM's producing.

OldHag

Necromancer
Mine is still the same and I haven't seen any ads. I'm on PC.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Mine is still the same and I haven't seen any ads. I'm on PC.
Which EN server (world) are you on?
I'm on EN1 Arendyll and that server is affected by this bug/change. However, from the beta thread @Alcaro posted, it seems that it might differ from server to server...

Jake65

Sage
"Those who stockpiled not collected CCs for upcoming FA got a bunch of IM instead."
Copied this from @Alcaro's link.

Oh my hat, I've got probably +100 CCs sitting waiting for FA collection :eek:
I feel a conniption coming .... :(

Jake65

Sage
That might be it then, maybe only EN1 Arendyll is affected?

@kimkimkim which server do you play on? Since you still see the correct order as well?
And @owl76 since you reported the change too, which server do you play on? :)
I'm on EN2 Winyandor, got the ads, the hobby room and the MA bug.

Jake65

Sage
PC or app?
I noticed it on PC and changed the productions from IM back to CC. Video ads wouldn't play so switched to mobile but by then I'd corrected my MA productions.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Hahahaha.
If they offer you some video ads and a hobby room, just politely decline :D
I did not get the video add, don't have a hobby room and still got the messed up MA and wrong spells... Not sure they're really related!