• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Low damage rates

DeletedUser971

The damage given out by all my elf troops is very low this tournament. The best I get is about 50% of there normal rate. The bonuses the troops have, are not coming in either. If they have a 90% attack bonus, that is not been active. It is always 50% odd of posted damage.

From the wiki "Battles become harder the further you progress in the tournaments", not true. They are at the same level of damage from the start, only the units get more, if that is the harder part. I thought these tournaments were going to be medium to medium hard, not hard to very hard all the time and biased to the computer. The battles last week were not like this weeks ones. The units still had all the normal fighting abilities and boosts worked last week.

Is this a bug or a feature of the game now? With the next tournament coming up, will be nice to know

Other people are staring to notice this too. Most are just thinking they are unlucky, but I think not.

https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/fight-question-sorc-iii-vs-mage.5116/

Now the following tournament starts, as asked before, is this a feature of tournaments or bug?

Edited: Aider - 2016-6-7 - Multiple Posts (Merged)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1316

Hi Mike -

Can you please add the bug reporting format to your OP? This will assist us in investigating your issue. :)

Can you give me specific units that encounter this issue with to help in reproduction?

DeletedUser971

It looks better after this update. Done a few provinces and the hit rates were more than 50%, first time in a long time. Will update after this tournament if it continues or is better.

DeletedUser971

I did 768 encounters for this tournament. I found that everything below lvl 8 in the tournament very hard to fight and time consuming. The smaller squad sizes really effect the hit rate of the forces. My standard set up for 1st, 3rd and 5th encounter was 3 witches III and 2 golems III. The 2nd, 4th and 6 encounter was 5 witches III. As the squad size grows, so the hit rate gets better. When down to one opponent on the lower lvl's, the hit rates suddenly got better. The boosts on the witches and golems never really come in with smaller squad sizes. The buffs do work 95% of the time( bug at the moment I have been told), so not taking much damage, but with the low hit rate, you have to hit a group of archers II 3 or 4 times on the lower lvl's and then they die. A blessed paladin needs about 15-20 hits before it dies. All high lvl sword or hammer opponents need 4-8 hits on lower lvl's. 90% of these attacks on swords, hammers and paladins are with witches with no curses or weaking buffs. When you start getting to the bigger squad sizes, things start to normalise. The boosts on the golems and witches starts coming in. I find it easier to do the higher lvl's.

I also did some auto fighting to see how that works out for the elf's. The lower levels, auto fighting, I lost whole squads and with higher lvl's, did not use as many. Auto fight does not really work for elf's in my opinion and it really does not work on the lower lvl's, unless you have troops to burn.

My only thought is there is a conflict between our standard squad size and tournament squad size.

DeletedUser971

Game version: __v1.7.8-(995005a) (2016-06-09 11:30) W
Browser + version: __ MS Edge
Flash Player version: __21,0,0,242
Operating System: __MS
Screen resolution: __1366-768
Account name: __mikeatgatwick
Humans or Elves: __Elves

Reproducibility: _5_/5 (1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:
Happens at low levels in the tournaments
__

Expected situation:
Better damage rates
__

Reproduction Steps
1. do lvl 1-8 of tournaments, situation is low damage rates with small squad size
2. lvl 9-12 of tournaments, damage rates get better with bigger squads
3. lvl 13-16 of tournaments, damage rates almost normal with the even bigger squads
4. __
5. __

DeletedUser971

any feed back. are the units hit rates lower in the tournaments than the provinces?

today, in the first round, between level 3-6. 32 encounters and only 6 times did the witches III boost come in. usual hit value of 350-580. 6 times above 800. most encounters fought to round 5 in the encounter.

squad size of the witches III - 18, normal damage value 315-585. none of the attack bonus are coming in which are at 70%. the hardest to kill, swords III and golem III. need to hit them over and over.

DeletedUser971

Round 2 of steel.

My golems can fight the crossbowmen, paladins and priests with there boosts working. If you use them against the barbarians and cerberus, none of there boosts work and they take multiple hits to die. My witches against paladins, barbarians and cerberus boosts work. Against the priests and crossbowman they don't.

DeletedUser971

Aider, how is your investigation coming along? If you have played in any of the tournaments you would have noticed all these things that I have mentioned in here.

DeletedUser971

here another way for you to know that the damage given and received is boosted or not. the colours on the damage change, normal - yellow, weakened - grey and boosted - red. goes for both sides. does not go red very often in the tournaments in my favour.

DeletedUser9

Hi everyone! As announced here , we will implement a new battle system quite soon. This means that this bug will automatically be fixed as well. I'll archive this thread now as "Won't Fix", since there won't come a seperate fix for this issue, but it will rather be resolved as part of the whole new battle system :)