• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Battle Encounter

• Thread starter Deleted User - 13667
  • Start date

Deleted User - 13667

Treants doing less damage on Orcs (light Melee units).

12 Treants hitting on Orcs and total damage done on them is about 1000.

Much lesser than the minimum (115 for Treants). Even with the bonus +40% on melee, it is unlikely the damage is so low

Deleted User - 13667

The sorceress? No sorceress for the AI. Only 2 group Wardogs, 4 groups Orcs.

For that Encounter, I had a group of elves, 2 treants II and 2 golems II.

I believe you are talking about the Necromancers. Their special effect is to cause units to take additional damage. Sorceress are for the elves. They only reduce damage.

firerock

Enchanter
Yes I have replicated this myself

I have 11 Treant 2, which say for each Treant is 115-141 so minimum damage is

11*115 = 1265

Yet when I attack 156 thieves, I do (or it reported it as) 504 attack damage

AND the worst part is I'm fighting light melee units so I should get +40% bonus
and 40% of 1265 is 506! (hmm that looks suspicious!)

So I'm guessing here that my sum damage is actually the bonus, the actual attack damage of 1 hit from 11 treant 2's hitting light melee units should be 1771. That's MINIMUM damage
I would expect a single hit on occasion from 11 treant II to wipe out 130 thieves, its only doing 33% damage.

index.php

Attachments

• treant dam1.JPG
    treant dam1.JPG
    92.6 KB · Views: 253
Last edited:

DeletedUser330

I think the battle system needs an overhaul completely anyway.

I have Treant II, and I lose against light units all the time. Golems are also totally useless against every single enemy going. I can put in a squad of 16 Golems, and with a single hit from bog standard Archers, the whole lot will die.
I've also had an entire squad of Treant II get killed with a single hit from a squad of standard Archers as well.

Sometimes it's actually cheaper to pay the 10k worth of goods than try and defeat an immortal handful of Archers I and Swords I.

EDIT/ADDITION:
Also, why is it that the computer is able to move all of its units, then I am only allowed to move 1 squad... then the computer moves all of its units, then I am allowed to move 1 unit... then the computer moves all of its units... and so on.

Along with the immortal and extremely heavy hitting "light" troops, I'm losing battles within 3 moves.

firerock

Enchanter
I quit the attack and re-tried it and got proper damage of 1.9K or similar every hit

its like sometimes it gets confused, but not always

DeletedUser7

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and apologies for the late response. Just to get the obvious out of the way, this is on your own hit and not when your unit counterattacks, correct?

If this happens, can you attempt to refresh the game page and see if there's a different result (for example the number of enemy units has changed), please and thank. We're having a difficult time reproducing this so any additional information is welcome. Thanks!

Deleted User - 13667

Yes it is not a counterattack.

This happens almost every battle. The units I control often does less damage then minimum.

firerock

Enchanter
yes all my attacks were not working until I restarted the province.

I did wonder if it was something to do with the memory leak issue in IE11 as reported here

Deleted User - 13667

Refreshing is not useful at all. And the format required for reporting bugs.

And again, there are no debuffs on the treants II. The fight only had 2 groups of Orcs (almost 400 each)

Game version: 0.26.1421-c0ba048-(master) (2015-10-06 10:53)
Game world: Arendyll
Browser + version: Firefox 40.0.3
Flash Player version: 19.0.0.185
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1280 x 768
Account name: s5carrot
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: OFF

Reproducibility: 3/5 = happens for heavy units against light units

DeletedUser330

Ok this is getting worse.

I had 2 squads of Treant II, two squads of Golem I, and a squad of Sorceress I... the enemy has 5 squads of Archer I.

Yet again I get to move 1 squad of Treant II... the computer moves all of its squads... and gets a hit against one of my Treant II squads. The entire squads dies with that one hit.
I then get to move 1 squad of Treant II.

The computer then moves all of its squads.
This allows the computer to hit my 2nd Treant II squad and kill it with one hit. Then it fires at my Golem squad and kills it with one hit. Then the second Golem squad and kills it with one hit. Then fires at my sorceresses... and kills them with one hit.

I just lost a battle... and I didn't get a single attack in. I got to move 2 squads a couple squares.

The battle system needs a serious overhaul.

DeletedUser7

Hey TheRodent, that would appear to be a different experience than the one this thread was opened for. Unit movement depends on the initiative of the units themselves so the order in which the units have moved is correct. But if you feel it needs reviewing or changing, I can only suggest you post that as feedback in the general discussion section or even better post an idea in the ideas and suggestions section.

firerock

Enchanter
Ok this is getting worse.

I had 2 squads of Treant II, two squads of Golem I, and a squad of Sorceress I... the enemy has 5 squads of Archer I.

Yet again I get to move 1 squad of Treant II... the computer moves all of its squads... and gets a hit against one of my Treant II squads. The entire squads dies with that one hit.
I then get to move 1 squad of Treant II.

The computer then moves all of its squads.
This allows the computer to hit my 2nd Treant II squad and kill it with one hit. Then it fires at my Golem squad and kills it with one hit. Then the second Golem squad and kills it with one hit. Then fires at my sorceresses... and kills them with one hit.

I just lost a battle... and I didn't get a single attack in. I got to move 2 squads a couple squares.

The battle system needs a serious overhaul.

You saying :
Treant 1 moves
Archer 1 fires at Treants 1, bang dead treants 1
Treant 2 moves
Archer 2 fires at Treants 2, bang dead treants 2
Archer 3 fires at Golems 1, bang dead Golems 1
Archer 4 fires at Golems 2, bang dead Golems 2
Archer 5 fires at Sorceress, bang dead Sorceress

how many Treants in each squad and how many archers?

Sorceress are supposed to have a 60% Archer defense bonus too.

Deleted User - 50840

Hi Darkstar,

I would appear to me from his post that TheRodent are ONLY able to move a SINGLE squad in a turn of battle, not all 5 and then the enemy moves all 5. If this were to happen to me I would be kicking and screaming in here as that would make combat impossible. I do understand the thing about the initiative... squad with highest moves first (player or enemy) and if tied as to highest it goes down to position on the battlefield.

DeletedUser330

Hey TheRodent, that would appear to be a different experience than the one this thread was opened for. Unit movement depends on the initiative of the units themselves so the order in which the units have moved is correct. But if you feel it needs reviewing or changing, I can only suggest you post that as feedback in the general discussion section or even better post an idea in the ideas and suggestions section.

Thanks for the reply, but tbh I'm done with battles now so it'd be pointless to start a thread. I said on the "Allow deletion of Barracks" thread that I've deleted by armouries already. I'm just hoping the barracks will be allowed soon too.

The other replies ^^ yeah, I move one squad, the AI moves all 5, I move one squad, the AI moves all 5. I was losing battles on the second round, so I'm no longer fighting now. It's cheaper to negotiate.

Deleted User - 13667

TheRodent,

As explained, you lost out on the initiative. Bringing in high level units do not win the fight. These units usually have lower initiative.

You could have brought sword dancers. You would have 1st move. Likely the AI archers will aim at your sword dancers 1st. Since movement is limited to 3 for the archers, you should still have some sword dancers left in that group. That would buy some time to move your range units in. Use either your golems or Sorceress to move in to start taking them down.

a group Archers if shot by the Sorceress and retaliate, they would do no damage on the Sorceress. (Sorceress has -60% damage as range defense and causes Broken Valor another 60%)

Deleted User - 13667

The main topics that were brought up

1. The missing damage bonus by player units
2. The almost certain lower damage done by player units
3. The AI units do high damage despite the numbers in a unit has been lowered significantly (Original was about 300 then lowered to 3 yet damage still above 100)

Deleted User - 13667

Turntable2.JPG

Turntable3.JPG

3 things to be brought up:
1. Note the AI units always seem to be doing damage on towards the maximum.
2 shots were all it took to bump off 1 group of sword dancers II. The canoneer group is at
full strength.

2. The turntable is not working. Portrait indicates thief group unit taking a turn. However, it
is the canoneers' turn.

3. The description on the canoneer. "hits are quite inaccurate?" Often having to face
canoneers or other AI units, the damage churned out is on the higher end and rarely on
the lower end. It is the reverse for player units. That said unit can shoot any unit in the
battlefield. Giving them high numbers to take out the entire group is just wrong.

The entire battle system needs re-thinking in terms of strategic placement, battlefield size, damage taken, damage done and modifiers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 50840

Im thinking you went into that encounter with the wrong mix of units. I would have used 3 squads of treants in positions 2,3 and 4. 1 squad of sorcs in position 1 and on squad of dancers in position 5. Using the sorc only on the cannoneer while your dancers stayed out of the way of the thieves and acted as bait for the cannoneer. The treants would have polished of the thieves with little trouble while the sorc chips away at the cannoneer. You would have lost the dancers in 3 or 4 rounds instead of two rounds. Final tally would have been 1 squad of dancers and 1/4 - 3/4 squad treants lost.

"hits are quite inaccurate?"
This simply refers to the WIDE difference between the min and max damage of the cannoneer. Not that they will do minimum damage because they are missing.

strategic placement
You are responsible for the strategic placement of your units. So when you place them wrong... you have only yourself to blame for not surrendering and placing them differently.

battlefield size
I think they have the size right. Not too small and not too big.

damage taken, damage done and modifiers
This I agree with. And I will add that buff stacking instead of being replacing should be implemented.

Deleted User - 13667

Im thinking you went into that encounter with the wrong mix of units. I would have used 3 squads of treants in positions 2,3 and 4. 1 squad of sorcs in position 1 and on squad of dancers in position 5. Using the sorc only on the cannoneer while your dancers stayed out of the way of the thieves and acted as bait for the cannoneer. The treants would have polished of the thieves with little trouble while the sorc chips away at the cannoneer. You would have lost the dancers in 3 or 4 rounds instead of two rounds. Final tally would have been 1 squad of dancers and 1/4 - 3/4 squad treants lost.

Look at the picture again. Two shots from canoneers to polish off 1 group of sword dancers. Pointless reply. No idea how you assumed the 4 rounds with only 1 sword dancer. Once the sword dancers are gone, your sorceress will be the target of 2 groups of thieves not the treants. You need to revise your thinking.
Battle won with 1.75 group of sword dancers and total 5 sorceress lost only.

You are responsible for the strategic placement of your units. So when you place them wrong... you have only yourself to blame for not surrendering and placing them differently.

Im talking about having to keep going in & out of the battle encounter to place the troops. It would be much more easier for the troops to be deployed after the map is loaded. How many times you have to exit reload the map just to place you troops?

I think they have the size right. Not too small and not too big.

There are battlefields where you lose the entire 1 -2 group of troops on round 1 since you cant move.

Last edited by a moderator: