• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Battle Encounter

• Thread starter Deleted User - 13667
  • Start date

Deleted User - 50840

Pointless reply
I offered a viable alternative strategy for the encounter. Therefore... not pointless.

No idea how you assumed the 4 rounds with only 1 sword dancer
The average damage done by a squad of 53 cannoneers would be 2173. Roughly 34% of your dancers lost in round 1. Subsequently the sorcs will reduce the cannoneer damage by 70% and they will do an average of 652 damage per round aftewards. Roughly 14% of the dancers lost during all the next rounds not factoring the reduction in cannoneers by damage of the sorcs and if you were able to close off your dancers with treants or kept them out of reach of the thieves. With average damage by the cannoneers your dancers would have survived 6 rounds (34%+14%+14%+14%+14%+14%=104%). My estimate of 3 to 4 rounds were based on an above average damage of 80 to 100% by the cannoneers and the reduction of 70% done by the sorcs after the first round.

Look at the picture again. Two shots from canoneers to polish off 1 group of sword dancers
In your encounter it was not ONLY two shot from the cannoneers that killed the squad of dancers. 30 dancers was lost due to damage done by the thieves. Yes, two shots from 53 cannoneers can potentialy kill 204 dancers in 2 shots when they deal above 80% of their potential damage, but that is simply bad luck and does not happen often.

It would be much more easier for the troops to be deployed after the map is loaded. How many times you have to exit reload the map just to place you troops?
Yes, it would be easier to place your troops after the map has loaded, but at least you have the option and method of changing the placement of your troops (albeit by having to surrender and reload the map). Much worse if you were unable to change the initial placement at all! I only exit and reload the map once.

There are battlefields where you lose the entire 1 -2 group of troops on round 1 since you cant move.
And I have had encounters(hex 6 and 7) where I finished it without the enemy being able to move once. Facing bandits and cannoneers. Personally I have never had a single encounter (114 provinces completed and 19 at 7/8 complete) where I lost a single squad without being able to move them at least once. Please clarify the encounter situation? Enemy units and yours?

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted User - 13667

I offered a viable alternative strategy for the encounter. Therefore... not pointless.

Out of point yet again. Topic is not strategy.

The average damage done by a squad of 53 cannoneers would be 2173. Roughly 34% of your dancers lost in round 1. Subsequently the sorcs will reduce the cannoneer damage by 70% and they will do an average of 652 damage per round aftewards. Roughly 14% of the dancers lost during all the next rounds not factoring the reduction in cannoneers by damage of the sorcs and if you were able to close off your dancers with treants or kept them out of reach of the thieves. With average damage by the cannoneers your dancers would have survived 6 rounds (34%+14%+14%+14%+14%+14%=104%). My estimate of 3 to 4 rounds were based on an above average damage of 80 to 100% by the cannoneers and the reduction of 70% done by the sorcs after the first round.

In your encounter it was not ONLY two shot from the cannoneers that killed the squad of dancers. 30 dancers was lost due to damage done by the thieves. Yes, two shots from 53 cannoneers can potentialy kill 204 dancers in 2 shots when they deal above 80% of their potential damage, but that is simply bad luck and does not happen often.

This is based on the outcome of the battle not your assumption. The total damage by the cannoneers in 2 rounds are enough.

Yes, it would be easier to place your troops after the map has loaded, but at least you have the option and method of changing the placement of your troops (albeit by having to surrender and reload the map). Much worse if you were unable to change the initial placement at all! I only exit and reload the map once.
That is one of my points raised.

And I have had encounters(hex 6 and 7) where I finished it without the enemy being able to move once. Facing bandits and cannoneers. Personally I have never had a single encounter (114 provinces completed and 19 at 7/8 complete) where I lost a single squad without being able to move them at least once. Please clarify the encounter situation? Enemy units and yours?
Not the topic of interest here. You should see such encounters had you fought past 100 provinces. Placing sword dancers ahead of sorceress does not guarantee sword dancers will be the target even if they are within range

Deleted User - 50840

Out of point yet again. Topic is not strategy.
Off topic? Perhaps... perhaps not. The topic is about a battle encounter. Strategy is an integral part of battle. Pointless? Definitely not. Remember that this forum is a tool provided for players to communicate with the devs, report bugs and problems and to find help for them. Players may find help by reading the posts of others thus saving them time in having to post a question themselves.
You should see such encounters had you fought past 100 provinces. Placing sword dancers ahead of sorceress does not guarantee sword dancers will be the target even if they are within range
More than a 100 provinces indeed. As you can see... if you looked. I asked for clarification on the encounter that you mentioned about losing squads before you were able to move your own?

Deleted User - 13667

Off topic? Perhaps... perhaps not. The topic is about a battle encounter. Strategy is an integral part of battle.

The main topics that were brought up

1. The missing damage bonus by player units
2. The almost certain lower damage done by player units
3. The AI units do high damage despite the numbers in a unit has been lowered significantly (Original was about 300 then lowered to 3 yet damage still above 100)

Strategy is not the topic thread on bugs here. You are most welcome to start a thread to share your ideas under discussion

Deleted User - 13667

Darkstar,

See attached for the below minimum damage done. 51 Sorceress no debuffs. Min dmg is 510 nothing less.

This is the refreshed screen shot.

Attachments

• below Min Dmg.JPG
    below Min Dmg.JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 67

Deleted User - 13667

Since when the bug is fixed? Im still getting below minimum damage done on AI units