• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

lame end to the event

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I think it's completly unfair that after I've worked to get to 74th quest that I'm locked out 'cause it's "not the right time". Lame if you ask me some of us need the entire time to reach the "goddess" and now 2 of my cities won't make it 'cause"it's not the right time" ?? LAME
Not to mention completly unfair...what does inno gain by not letting me have the goddess of wishes ehhh. I play every day in all 3 worlds so sorry I came late to the dance....it sucks honestly to be shut down at the last hour 'cause "it's not time" errrrrLame

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I've paid my due and D's what the!?? why? sorry I just don't get it

Last edited by a moderator:

gathsdell

Soothsayer
don't get me wrong I love many of the new changes/upgrades Elvenar has been implementing howeverrrrrr this one sucks.. bad. not to mention unfair to those of us who have our workload planned only to be stymied in the end??Lame

schadenfreude

Enchanter
I think you've just hit the daily quest lock. Everyone finishes the event at the same time. Some people were quest locked earlier if they flew through the quests. I prefer to fly through the quests and then only have to do one quest a day. They can be completed through normal play and it isn't as disruptive.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I think it's completly unfair that after I've worked to get to 74th quest that I'm locked out 'cause it's "not the right time". Lame if you ask me some of us need the entire time to reach the "goddess" and now 2 of my cities won't make it 'cause"it's not the right time" ?? LAME
Not to mention completly unfair...what does inno gain by not letting me have the goddess of wishes ehhh. I play every day in all 3 worlds so sorry I came late to the dance....it sucks honestly to be shut down at the last hour 'cause "it's not time" errrrrLame

You can still get the goddess if you complete all quests before the end of the event. And yes, the end quests are limited to one a day for all of us for whatever reason that Inno decided. Personally, I prefer it as it's pushing me to take it easy and not be pressured to finish it all at once.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
so that in the next event one should finish with 5 days to spare??for what? ok you like to blow it out
,some of us need time because RL does not permit sometimes! should I be punished and denied a prize I've worked hard for??

schadenfreude

Enchanter
Don't worry, you're not denied anything. Once you hit quest lock, you get one quest a day at the start of the "game" day until the end of the event. If you are a hare and jumped out early, you quest lock earlier. If you're a turtle and took your time, you quest lock later. EVERYONE finishes the event on the same day. Hence, it doesn't matter the pace you choose to go through the events. There are a set number of days for the event and the finish line date is predetermined. The events have been like this for a few years now. It's not a new feature.

gathsdell

Soothsayer
obviously, I still think it is unnecesary and bias in the fact that if one finishes late your punished. makes no sense that's all.And no I don't feel ostresiezed,nor singled out.That's not my point I just feel that one shouldn't be punished for moving slowly nor coming to quest completion in the last 2 or 3 days that's all

schadenfreude

Enchanter
But how are you being "punished" for taking it slow if EVERYONE finishes the event at the same time? You get one event a day. I get one event a day. We (and everyone playing) will finish the event together.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@gathsdell : The way it works really isn't either transparent to players, nor intuitive, nor common to many online games nowadays - and indeed even some very experienced players don't always understand it! But please do rest assured that you will have the chance, each day, to complete ALL of the remaining Quests, and if you do, you'll win the Goddess of Wishes... but (jokes aside! I once FORGOT!!) do remember to actually claim it before the Event is completely over. You'll find the Event count-down timer in the top left-hand corner of the Event window (although I'm sure you know that). And yes, the Event will finish at the same point for everyone, although Inno's worldwide reach means that it's inevitably going to be at a more convenient time of day for some than for others, since Inno's Servers all roll over at the same (German-based) time.

I would write more concisely if I could, but I'm no good at it, so here's my (wordy) attempt to help out a bit here - since many players feel exactly like you when it comes to Elvenar's current not-very-standard Events system.

@schadenfreude has already explained it well, so I'm just chiming in to further explain because, well, I'm only trying to help, and sometimes even very experienced players who haven't been in the habit of finishing the Events recently don't understand why InnoGames would do things this way. Again, this is not the standard pattern in online games - the norm is either to have ALL Quests starting and ending at the same (controlled) time, which is how most of the older MMOs like WoW do it, so everyone's in the same boat and while more Quests can be done, per day, if one wishes, up to a set maximum number before they're all on a cool-down timer until the Server rolls over (at the same time for all players), nobody can actually finish more Quests which are available, in total, either sooner or later than anyone else.

Then there's the also-different most common model in most newer and especially mobile games (and Inno now regards itself as a mobile-first game gaming company - by its own ready admission). That model is to have a fixed number of Quests, but those players who like to do many Quests all at once can do as many as there are, and then finish earlier than slower players - with the maximum possible number of prizes available - and do something else instead while the rest either do or don't catch up. Some bigger games will add extra 'optional' Quests, often of a similar, or even exactly repeating, unlimited number, but always growing increasingly more difficult, to give those faster-finishing players something to do until the next in-game Event starts - but the prizes for those 'extra' Quests will never be one of the main Event prizes, only 'handy extra trinkets' - or even, if the gaming company is that way inclined, something amazing which can't be reached by any but the most dedicated and keen of players via anything but (the company hopes!) paying some real money, or in-game Premium Currency, to speed up or otherwise make those Quests more accessible in a shorter time.

Inno did experiment, a while back, with unlimited Quests (similarly to the second system described above), but some of the most savvy and keenest players found a way to use that system to earn many Time-boosters (offered as prizes in both the first, non-time-limited, 'block' of main Quests and the repeating 'extra' Quests at the end) to cycle very fast through the 'endless repeat' optional follow-up Quests - which Inno had thought would be very hard for anyone to do in the time allowed without at least paying (not a few...) Diamonds to speed them up. As a result, a few elite non-paying players managed to win, for free, multiple copies of one of the most valuable Evolving buildings which Inno hadn't thought most people would ever own in multiples, which didn't go down well with everyone else and wasn't something Inno was expecting with respect to in-game balance, either, so they dropped that experiment very fast, even after trying to moderate it via various in-game 'Event slow-down' tactics which didn't really work (I'm going to say it was the Brown Bear, but I could be wrong... my memory's not what it was!).

Anyway. I'm sure you get the gist, and for what it's worth, the system Inno has now, even though it can be very illogical and strange at first glance, soon becomes a familiar old routine - and what's more, it may be odd, but at least it caters both to those who prefer not to feel pressured into playing fast, as @Silly Bubbles has already mentioned, as well as to those (like myself, for example) who aren't even fast players in general, but who do still prefer to 'rush' the first block of fixed, non-time-limited Quests as fast as possible, so as to 'get them out of the way', if you like, and reach the Daily Locked Quests (all of which can be done at leisure in any reasonably well-balanced City above the earliest Chapters) as fast as possible, meaning that there's as little disruption to everyday City routine as possible, for as little time as possible.

Each to his own, and so long as the outcome can be achieved by everyone (as in Events now) choice is very rarely a bad thing... by and large! :)

Hope some of this lengthy rambling helps, and if not, sorry to have wasted your reading time...!

gathsdell

Soothsayer
Thank you very much for the explanation I figured it must be something like that and as this was my first real effort in all my years playing(strange huh) it came as a shock and next time will be prepared. It was just had my heart set on finishing in all of my cities and was disapointed to see that I couldn't so thanks again for your explanation.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Finishing Events in multiple Cities is pretty intense for many players, and I have only one City because I know I'm not dedicated enough to own more than that! But yes, and as in-game friends have often said to me, too, it's always going to be disappointing to end up with only a partially Evolved Building (or incomplete Event Set) in one or more of several Cities - and I suspect that Inno are probably rather hoping that this common feeling amongst multiple-City-owning players might motivate at least a few of them to consider opening the purse-strings as a result.

If I myself did help with my wall-o-text, I'm very glad, whether you do or don't choose (and happily it is still a choice) to do Events in future. As a primarily City-focused player myself, I can absolutely see why you'd do that... there's plenty to do in Elvenar outside the Events, after all! :)

[ ETA : Looks like we're posting nearly at the same time, gathsdell - I'm typing this edit as your second reply has just popped up - so I'm adding this quick P.S. (no extended ramble this time!) just to say that I often think that game Forum readers (and especially contributors), being generally more dedicated to and interested in the game (any game) than the average casual player, perhaps don't always realise that many players choose, as you've said, not to engage at all with the complex and, let's face it, sometimes quite intensive and draining - and sometimes also sadly disappointing - Events side of this game. ]

gathsdell

Soothsayer
now it appears that because I needed to work I won't be able to finish
not even
1 city thanks for making the good people pay for the bad peoples actions

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I understand there are bandits out there,unscrupulouse people.mayhaps there could be a 123 star rating or somethinf
g that could deferentient those that love Elvenar ,like us and those that are only to gain

gathsdell

Soothsayer
I am an Elvenier I love the game for what it is...and as well I loath the haters and those that only wish to take ahdvantage....however we must have a way to preserve,and honor those of us that actualy take seriously our FS's and what they stand for!!!!!!!!!!

gathsdell

Soothsayer
mayhaps I'm old school and I respect all's opininions....however I believe as I always will in the spirit of why many of us "play" every day it's more than a game it is what in many senses keeps us sane...because my FS is puerer than RL

Killiak

Artisan
now it appears that because I needed to work I won't be able to finish
not even
1 city thanks for making the good people pay for the bad peoples actions

Talk about being overly dramatic.

If you have reached the lock you will simply get 1 quest per day, the so-called daily quest. If you couldn't finish this quest today, it will still be there tomorrow, plus the quest for tomorrow. Meaning there will two quests that you can finish tomorrow.

These quests aren't hard, and only take a minor spot of effort. I see no reason why you need to panic and anger-spam the forum like this.