• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived Info on Culture boost spell

DeletedUser219

As posted in the discussion thread, the info box 'behind' the culture spell in the academy contains incorrect information:
SpellInfo.JPG

DeletedUser815

Thank you Horanda,

We are aware of the issue and added it to the release notes when the spell was added to our server.

DeletedUser1316

This has been fixed with v1.0 which will be implemented on the .EN servers on March 2nd.

DeletedUser219

It still does not seem to be performing as advertised. I will need to wait until it wears off to check the numbers, but it does not seem to be increasing the TOTAL culture by 5%, just the building on which it is cast. If this is as intended, then it is indeed as useless as others have said.:eek:

DeletedUser1316

Hi Horanda -

The spell can be casted on any cultural building whether it be idle or have active NH ongoing. In the case that the building be idle, the spell can be casted but will not affect your total culture until a neighbor polishes it. Once a neighbor polishes the building, the total cutlure percentage will be increased by 5%. If the building is already polished, once casting the spell the total culture percentage will automatically be increased by 5%.

When trying to identify the numbers that are being changed, please understand that it is your culture bonus percentage that is changed:

96bb83a3d5.jpg

So, instead it will show 100, 130, 155, 165, 175 and in increment of 5% for each building polished and casted upon. ;)

DeletedUser340

I'm still confused about that "double effect" in the description.
If I hover over an enchanted culture building, yes it does show that the culture is doubled for that building.
spells22.jpg

However, it doesn't show up here:
spells1.jpg

I counted all NH bonuses and yup it's flat NH bonus. No double effect taken into account from my two enchanted culture buildings. One was Battle Arena, the other - Ancient Grounds. So I'm missing 1700+1800=3500 NH bonus.

Am I misinterpreting here something? Any clarification will be appreciated.

DeletedUser1316

Hi Vergs -

As this thread was initially a text related error regarding the "double effect" it has since been fixed.

The description of the spell should read: (from v1.0 onwards)

8ad4e80d07.png

If you look at your second image, it shows that you have two enchanted cultural buildings that are giving off a 5% bonus totaling it to 10%. This is calculated the same way as when you lose cultural levels (Ex: going down from 150 to 125 and so forth.)

Deleted User - 106219

Am I misinterpreting here something? Any clarification will be appreciated.
I haven't tried the spell yet so I can't be sure, but I believe the bonus is added NOT to your Culture but to your Culture Bonus. Normally the Culture Bonus is 100%/125%/150%/160%/170%. It is THESE numbers that get increased by the spell. You have 10% bonus so your Culture Bonus has increased to 100%/135%/160%/170%/180% (as shown on your second screenshot).

Also, it seems that the base 100% is not affected by the spell and remains 100%.

DeletedUser1316

I haven't tried the spell yet so I can't be sure, but I believe the bonus is added NOT to your Culture but to your Culture Bonus. Normally the Culture Bonus is 100%/125%/150%/160%/170%. It is THESE numbers that get increased by the spell. You have 10% bonus so your Culture Bonus has increased to 100%/135%/160%/170%/180% (as shown on your second screenshot).

Also, it seems that the base 100% is not affected by the spell and remains 100%.

Hi shadowblack -

Thank you for your help in explaining this! ;)

You are indeed correct. :)