• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to reduce a benefit of KP pushing by game mechanics

Pauly7

Master of the Elements
If Inno wanted to do something about the so-called 'push' accounts then they would. There is no need for fancy ways of limiting KP donation. They would need to take the following steps:

1) Send a general message out to all, explaining what a push account is and asking people to report suspicious activity (Just to get things started - the majority of people haven't read the rules and the majority of people don't use the forum.)

2) Have a look at the players that have been reported and their Ancient Wonders and the accounts donating the KP. Where possible they could look for IP addresses appearing twice.

3) Where there is probable cause they could send the players a message saying there is suspicion of push activity and give the player a chance to respond, saying that accounts will be deleted unless they can a) explain that they are different players or b) stop said activity.

4) Check back 14 days later... and here's the crucial part... delete accounts that didn't satisfy the above.

What I am saying isn't news to anyone. The point is, if Inno wanted to take some action then they would. The above may not catch everyone, but it would be enough of a deterrent to have a significant impact and rule breakers would start to realise that they are at risk of losing their accounts.

My experience of the game developers so far is that they usually only do what will benefit them most in the short term and don't seem to really have a grasp of any long term ramifications on their business (namely alienating their established customer base - though I suppose some of the rule breakers form part of this as well.)

DeletedUser3985

If Inno wanted to do something about the so-called 'push' accounts then they would. There is no need for fancy ways of limiting KP donation.
Agreed. But why don't they do something? My guess is that the ones who are cheating (and haven't been banned already) are also buying diamonds, so banning them would result in less income. I understand that they are a business and need to make money but if they aren't going to ban cheaters then the very least they could do is change the damn rules!

DeletedUser441

They could limit the number of push accounts to 24 by changing it so that only fellowship members can help out in AWs. Some might still expel and reinvite every day , so even this isn't foolproof. :( Only sure way is to stop all AW help.and have everyone fill their own AWs with kps.

Lelanya

Mentor
They could limit the number of push accounts to 24 by changing it so that only fellowship members can help out in AWs. Some might still expel and reinvite every day , so even this isn't foolproof. :( Only sure way is to stop all AW help.and have everyone fill their own AWs with kps.
And only get runes from Provinces or tourney? The builder players would all quit

DeletedUser5037

Please for what define is "push account"? This for what is I help big names here, but big names not help for me for KPs. Surely big names consider "push account" as me, no? Big accounts cheat as me help big accounts but not for help me in way any (KP or any other)!

Should I for report big accounts here, as per your rules on forum? What they say for me to help them for not help me? How cheat accounts appear for you? I happy for report, but not to hurt others! Surely help others paramount to help accounts normal, not cheaters! Yes? Please help so I can do right for Innogames integrity If peoples cheat, must report them, yes! All forum seem to have problem with cheaters! All cheaters to be punished?!?!? No matter what! I agree!

DeletedUser441

It is not cheating if a player chooses not to give help by donating kps to AWs of another player. If you read the forum posts you will see that some players have more than one account and donate a lot of knowledge points to one account's AWs. That is why this thread was started; to try and find a way to reduce their advantage.

Lelanya

Mentor
Please for what define is "push account"? This for what is I help big names here, but big names not help for me for KPs. Surely big names consider "push account" as me, no? Big accounts cheat as me help big accounts but not for help me in way any (KP or any
Faldorin where do I start? A push account is a small account started for the sole purpose of donating KPs to a large one.

You give to large players but say they do not help you. Do you have any Wonders yourself? Is your Wonder one of the more controversial ones like Tome or Endless Ex? Do you visit but consistently hit their WORST culture?

I have 2 large cities. Consider this: I have 24 fellows to visit and 75 cities on my map. I do not need gold or supplies and have limited time. I do not have the time to visit 200 cities that in the end all look the same. I used to do my favourite dozen which quickly becomes 2 dozen which I then do in quarters: everyone to the NW then NE - SE - SW and I pray that those who most need my help donate to my Wonders. But even then it is too much especially when I do not get trade goods for each city I visit!