• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to reduce a benefit of KP pushing by game mechanics

DeletedUser1197

I propose to consider the possibility of prohibition on investing knowledge points in ancient wonders which are more than 2 (or even 1) chapter(s) further from the chapter where the player is.
This will drastically limit a fraudulent flow of points from an alternative accounts, and I'm sure it will not affect the gameplay of honest players.
The existing scheme of investment without any restrictions is lame and has itself generated this problem.
:cool:

m4rt1n

Adept
This would affect help within fellowships, for example in our fellowship we are all on different chapters throughout the game and help on each others AW's all the time. Even chapter 2 players help the higher chapter players regularly.
In my opinion it would be too negative on the fair players and a better solution would be for inno to penalize those who cheat in the game.

DeletedUser1197

that is, they invest in wonders that will not be built for a long time. In a general sense, this is another shady scheme, like a trading only within FS, because they grab runes from those who can use them. Basically they don't really need these runes, but rewards for other players are lost.
Player of ch.2 can quickly progress through the beginning chapters. If he is active he will bypass this restriction soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

cwgiii

Shaman
that is, they invest in wonders that will not be built for a long time. In a general sense, this is another shady scheme, like a trading only within FS, because they grab runes from those who can really use them. Basically they don't really need these runes, but rewards for other players are lost.

I see the point of the original idea, but I disagree with this comment and think there must be a better way to reduce the unwanted behavior.

I see fellowship help as planning for the future. If, as a newer player, you contribute to a more advanced player's AW:

first, it is a nice thing to do
second, it can help the newer player get those runes early on (when they are easier to obtain), rather than waiting till they really need them and they are much more difficult to obtain or even find on short notice.

One of the main lessons with this game is patience and planning. I think the example posted here exhibits both without breaking or even bending game rules.

Last edited:

DeletedUser1197

I see the point of the original idea, but I disagree with this comment and think there must be a better way to reduce the unwanted behavior.
Any specific ideas?

I see fellowship help as planning for the future. If, as a newer player, you contribute to a more advanced player's AW:

first, it is a nice thing to do
second, it can help the newer player get those runes early on (when they are easier to obtain), rather than waiting till they really need them and they are much more difficult to obtain or even find on short notice.

One of the main lessons with this game is patience and planning.
Ahh, I understand that you are talking about players who play a month, plan for a year, but most of them never get there. This is a bad strategy for a newer player to invest in something unattainable. Everything has its time. For the initial levels there are wonders from chapters 2-4. Or, being in chapter III, do they want to get AW from Chapter 10? Well... good luck.

I think the example posted here exhibits both without breaking or even bending game rules.
I did not say about breaking rules.

cwgiii

Shaman
Any specific ideas?

Of course, the ultimate solution is for Inno to actually enforce their own rules regarding push accounts. But I doubt this will actually happen. With that same thought in mind, I doubt that any idea will be implemented if it has even the potential to thwart Diamond sales (just my personal opinion).

This is a bad strategy for a newer player to invest in something unattainable.

It has worked well for me (played for over 2 years now) and made those seemingly unattainable objectives fall right in line (with time, planning, and patience). "I think I can, I think I can...."

I did not say about breaking rules.

No you did not. But you implied it by using the phrase "fraudulent flow of points from alternative accounts" which I interpreted as Push accounts which are explicitly against the official rules. I believe we are all talking about the same thing, regardless of semantics. Am I wrong? If so, then what problem are you referring to?

DeletedUser1197

I did not say about breaking rules in example from post #2.
I'm talking about a push-accounts as it follows from the thread caption.

cwgiii

Shaman
Copied from Game Rules:

7 Pushing

• Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player. It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.

cwgiii

Shaman
That being said, it is debatable whether Inno enforces any of the game rules and to what extent (as has been discussed in other threads ad nauseum)

DeletedUser1197

??? Sorry, the goal of my post is not a discussion of breaking the game rules using push-accounts

cwgiii

Shaman
So, my understanding of the purpose of your original post was to reduce the benefit gained from the pushing of KPs (in other words, cheating). I agree that this is a problem (even though I disagree with your proposed solution).

All on the same page?

DeletedUser1197

you can tell him why he cannot donate freely!
The purpose of my suggestion to developers (if they care about pushing of KP)(not;)) is described in the post #1.

In this option your friends from Ch.5 will be able to invest in wonders of Ch.3-7 and they will have enough time to accumulate runes in the passage of 2 following chapters before opening the necessary wonders. In addition, they still do not get a runes and shards for locked wonders from a tournaments. So their penalty looks a bit far-fetched.

DeletedUser1197

not sure that I need more tourneys, I don't like grinding, and always considered a getting the runes for a locked wonders as a bug

DeletedUser1197

I have plenty of runes ... too, how does this relate to the topic?

DeletedUser3985

not sure that I need more tourneys, I don't like grinding, and always considered a getting the runes for a locked wonders as a bug
Why would you assume it's a bug?

As for your original post, all it will do is limit most push accounts to donating to the first two or four AW's (meaning push accounts will keep on pushing) and it will screw over honest players. Ever heard of wondermail? Your solution would ruin it if a member lacks the progress to donate to the requested Ancient Wonder.

Lelanya

Mentor
that is, they invest in wonders that will not be built for a long time. In a general sense, this is another shady scheme, like a trading only within FS, because they grab runes from those who can use them. Basically they don't really need these runes, but rewards for other players are lost.
Player of ch.2 can quickly progress through the beginning chapters. If he is active he will bypass this restriction soon.
So to take your analogy slightly out of context - you want me to give Forge Points to my 'hoodies' but not my guildies? What's the point of a fellowship then?