• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Giants Quest: Too many relics!

DeletedUser

I really enjoy the quests but having to gain so many relics is really spoiling my fun. In one city I've almost got through the Giants quest but the 50 relics quest has caused everything to grind to a disheartening, boring halt. I know the reason for so many is to get us to buy diamonds but if it's spoiling the game people may leave, including me. I buy diamonds occasionally for things like upgrading my builder etc so they'll be missing out on the money they get from me now and then if I leave because of tedious, far too difficult quests!

I just had to rant about this because it's irritating me and stressing me out so much. I play to relax guys! Less relics in future please.

DeletedUser441

There will be two more tournaments before the event finishes, You can easily gain 50 relics. :rolleyes:

Timneh

Artisan
While i agree that using tournaments to get the relics makes it easier i still think that over 200 relics in one event when you include the ones from daily quests as well as the main quest line is too many.

DeletedUser441

Only 40/50 per tournament during the event , easy for most players. :). NH gives relics , solving provinces also.

DeletedUser

I very much doubt that it's easy for most players Brienne! Especially those of us with smaller cities who still struggle to produce enough goods and supplies to keep our cities running and growing, let alone these extra demands to get relics. I wouldn't have posted about it if I found it easy so it's no good telling me that it is. I'm not miffed at you for suggesting it, it's the irritation of the relics. :)

Btw I didn't say I can't do it, I can, but that it's spoiling my fun and causing stress but I play to relax so the over the top relic collecting is affecting my gaming experience. If I decide to leave and find a more relaxing building game it'll be a major factor.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser441

I fully understand your frustration , I've made my opinions of the game known on many occasions. I will say that I have found gaining relics in tournaments quite easy ever since they began. You don't have to do more than 2 or three rounds , depending on how many provinces you've solved , and those should be cheap enough to cater/fight without affecting other gameplay in any way. Don't get stressed , there's a lot of time left to finish the event , 7th January is the finish date, plenty of time. I'm behind you in the event , trying to get 42.5k of all my first tier goods , but I will finish .:) I've felt like leaving on many occasions , but I'm still here. I've learned to take the game a lot less seriously ;) Happy Holidays :D

I'm more concerned with my ever rising costs of buying kps , and we're expected to buy too many of them.

Last edited by a moderator:

Killiak

Artisan
I wouldn't worry or stress too much about an event or event rewards that will quickly lose relevance once your city grows.

You will get buildings that are much ebtter value/square every time you go to a new chapter.

DeletedUser

I just don't have enough supplies or goods to do enough tournaments and now I've entered the Dwarves level they seem to have suddenly got much harder to win. I'm not winning any at the moment so I've paused to train more troops. Someone said if you go through research too fast the tournaments will become too difficult because the game thinks your city is more advanced than it is. I think I may have done that.

Whatever the reason Relics are too hard for me to get within a reasonable effort. I agree about KPs; too many of those to buy.

DeletedUser

I wouldn't worry or stress too much about an event or event rewards that will quickly lose relevance once your city grows.

You will get buildings that are much ebtter value/square every time you go to a new chapter.

Thank you Killiak! You're right of course but I'm at that stage where I just want to get the Quest over with and my city back to normal. I think there should be an option to end quests early if we want to or to decline them altogether. They're too hard to ignore when the quests are right there on the page.

Timneh

Artisan
I think there should be an option to end quests early if we want to or to decline them altogether. They're too hard to ignore when the quests are right there on the page

I started a thread in the ideas area of the forum asking if there could be a way to opt out of doing the events but it got closed by Muf-Muf saying that if you don't want to do the events then just ignore them. So much for all ideas and suggestions getting forwarded to the dev team.

DeletedUser

We can't be the only ones who'd appreciate a bit more freedom of choice in the game.

DeletedUser5437

I'm more concerned with my ever rising costs of buying kps , and we're expected to buy too many of them.

I really agree on this one. I only ever buy KPs for quests and so far the growth of my city was making up for the rise in price as I buy more. But this time around I had to buy a lot and it's getting expensive!

DeletedUser

I'm approaching the 1 million coins per kp. :(
I'm on 1549k per kp now, luckily I have over 2m of each of my boosted goods, but so bored of using it in events, this will be the last event I bother to do these quests - I would rather put it into tournaments where at least the rewards are better for me.

DeletedUser4240

@Rinkidink
I am very sorry to hear that you are having a problems with the quests .But don't be so angry for not being the best.There is a lot of space between first and last player. And there are many reasons for that. It depends on how much time ,money, nerves,calculating,deliberation,persistence and more you invest.
Some of us find that just this is a fun. Only a spoiled brat have a fun by getting all things on "nice and easy" way.
So, try to find a fun in challenge.Otherwise you will have only a frustration. In that case, it is better for you to leave and find fun in another game........till the first problems.
I personally will miss your special way of thinking and sense of justice.
And at the end, if it can comfort you and make you stay with us ; we all have the same quests.
As Brienne said :take it less seriously:)

DeletedUser

@Rinkidink
But don't be so angry for not being the best.
As Brienne said :take it less seriously:)

I'm not bothered about 'being the best' and anyway I'm doing really well. And the fact that gaining the relics is so difficult makes the quest too serious! That's was my complaint; that it's been taking the fun out of the game. You've completely misread me. lol

DeletedUser

People aren't listening to me. I'm not stressing about the rewards; working so hard to get all the relics has been stressing me out. I have ME/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and it's just far too tiring for me. I only finished with relics yesterday; it's taken so long! Having to get so many ruins an otherwise brilliant winter quest, for me anyway.

Killiak

Artisan
The point we are making is that you don't have to. Unless you are forcing it upon yourself, in which case we can't help you anyway.

DeletedUser

The point we are making is that you don't have to. Unless you are forcing it upon yourself, in which case we can't help you anyway.

But I want to! I love the quests, and relics and buying kps are my only sore points. And I'm not the only one; people in my fellowships are complaining too so I don't think I'm being unreasonable in voicing my opinion about this.

DeletedUser4240

Rinkidink,
every game could be a serious job ,but we are not here to take this one seriously. We are here to take the best of the game...the fun.
Building,calculating,failing,recalculating...etc
If you are not having fun, something is wrong with you or with the game.
As I can "read you" , you are thrilled with the game , so........:)
If you are having fun, but sometimes you are angry because you can not do things as fast and as good as you would like , remember that there are thousands of players playing quiet (stealth, as you said) and diligent and without complaining. Maybe you should play like them.
BTW, why don't you just play.Save your energy for 10000 relics in the future....lol