• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Neighbors Ghost Towns

DeletedUser1345

My neighborhood, and probably yours, has many cities which are mere ghost towns - they'll never be deleted ( the player having reached chapter 3 and/or having bought diamonds, before abandoning the game ).
:eek:
These ghost towns take up space, in what is otherwise a reasonably active neighborhood.
Instead of offering to move my city away to some new neighborhood, and away from my various longtime, active neighbors, how about the Ghost Towns themselves be moved - not deleted, mind you, just moved - to a "city cemetery" - a holding ground for ghost towns.

Let any such ghost town be so designated after, say, 2 or 3 months of non-activity.
Then, the ghosts, and I'm sure there must be thousands of them, can congregate together, in some distant place of perpetual silence.
If a player returns, the city can be resurrected from the dead, and moved again to an active location.
Else let such cities be left....to rest in peace.

DeletedUser

Pretty sure the new "move town" option will resolve this. Or is supposed to.

DeletedUser2018

Move town option? Can you point me in the direction to a related post?

DeletedUser1345

*sigh*
Unless I've misunderstood, it is active player's cities which will be moved, if their neighborhood is too sparsely populated with other active players.

However, this is not the situation my post (above ) addresses.
I am speaking of the many cities in my neighborhood which are forever going to be dead-zones.

I have a number of active neighbors who visit & help regularly ; hence, I do NOT wish to be moved to a new neighborhood.

The fly-by-night cities in my neighborhood are deleted regularly - they spring up, make almost no progress & use no diamonds, they fall silent, and the Devs. delete them. That's fine, and I am not speaking of them.

I refer to the non-active cities which will never be deleted, and which forever clog up the neighborhood.
If those cities were moved, the neighborhood would be opened up for more, potentially active, players.

DeletedUser363

I am speaking of the many cities in my neighborhood which are forever going to be dead-zones

In the move the 'ghost towns' won't be moved because they are not active cities (i.e. have not been logged into in the past 30 days) Just the rest of the neighbourhood, nearer the centre of the world map. You can opt out of the move by going to settings (cog wheel at the bottom right hand corner, then choose the yellow cog there, untick the Allow Automatic Move to Better Position box) You won't be moved, but you don't know how many of your neighbours will. Only active players will be moved, so , in theory the move should leave you with all active neighbours....of course, this doesn't guarantee they will give help..I have plenty of active neighbours that never help;)

DeletedUser

..... in theory the move should leave you with all active neighbours....

Not really, the middle of the map is also populated with dormant accounts who are no longer playing but have reached Chapter 3 and/or spent diamonds and will not be deleted. That being said, it was nice to get moved to a more active area on beta and should be an improvement for most players regarding being near active neighbors. But I later quit beta so now my account is an inactive one in the center of the map.

I do like the OP's idea though and in combination with the current player movement logic it would be doubly effective for giving active players active neighbors. If they don't want to delete players who have made it to Chapter 3, they could at least swap their place in the center of the map with an active player who is farther out, especially if the dormant player is like 90 days inactive. Same could be said for the inactive diamonds spenders. Their cities would still be there and if they become active again, they could then swap back in when more recent accounts go inactive.

DeletedUser363

Not really, the middle of the map is also populated with dormant accounts who are no longer playing but have reached yerChapter 3 and/or spent diamonds and will not be deleted

In that case may not be worth moving, most of my inactive neighbours are all dormant ones, and have been for a year..so nothing will change, another waste of time

However, Marindor said inactive accounts were those where they had not been logged into for a month..nothing about what level they are, or what diamonds they have spent, just leave them where they are until they become active again

DeletedUser

In that case may not be worth moving, most of my inactive neighbours are all dormant ones, and have been for a year..so nothing will change, another waste of time

I think moving will still help, it is just that you will still have some inactive neighbors either way.

However, Marindor said inactive accounts were those where they had not been logged into for a month..nothing about what level they are, or what diamonds they have spent, just leave them where they are until they become active again

Correct, that is the way the player movement is set to work. If they are inactive for 30 days, even if they have allow automatic movement checkbox checked, they will not be moved during the player movement period.

The Chapter 3 / spent diamonds part of my previous comment was related to when accounts get deleted ( replaced by gold mines ) and not related to player movement.

cwgiii

Shaman
I agree. The "move" feature has not corrected this issue. That only gives me the option to be moved. However, being a player with a large discovered area, I have yet to be moved (and probably won't be). The cities that are less than chapter 3 AND have not bought Diamonds are deleted (after a waiting period). But that leaves a large number of "ghost towns" that will never be deleted and need to be dealt with. I have seen a large number of towns with the Main Hall under construction. There seems to be a protest movement where players are angry with the developers for various reasons and the intentionally create cities then place them in this condition as a thumb in the eye toward the big wigs. The system can detect that nothing has changed in these cities for "x" amount of time. These cities can be "grave-yarded" as described with no harm to their owners after the appropriate waiting period and it would let regular players continue as normal. Please clean up our dying provinces.