• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Implemented Get rid of the haze on the world map and provinces.

DeletedUser658

With the new haze border, you can't see all of the encounter icons to complete provinces. Please fix :)

Deleted User - 50840

can't see all of the encounter icons

At the moment you are simply going to have to move your world map by clicking and dragging it. That way you will reach the edge of your explored map.

I agree with your suggestion, but I think the hazy border was introduced to make the game less resource intensive on low end computers. What I would suggest is adding an option in the settings menu to switch it on or off or link it with city graphic quality setting that allready exists. For ex. High disables it and meduim and low enables it.

+1 from me

DeletedUser

If you think about it, when you're scouting and conquering sectors you don't really care about the INTERIOR of your explored areas.

Dragging the map is a LOT smoother with the new interface, so drag the map such that you're on the
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN, with the green explored area near an edge or in a corner.
Used in that manner, the framed world map works very well indeed.

DeletedUser

If you think about it, when you're scouting and conquering sectors you don't really care about the INTERIOR of your explored areas.

Dragging the map is a LOT smoother with the new interface, so drag the map such that you're on the
OUTSIDE LOOKING IN, with the green explored area near an edge or in a corner.
Used in that manner, the framed world map works very well indeed.
possibly this is the case if you have a large screen, but on my laptop it hardly shows any green area at all with the provinces acquired, most of the screen is the hazy border. As you can see from attached screenie, it shows my city and one each side - that is all.
additionally you think you are at the edge, and then several seconds later a bit more that you have already explored turns green, adding to the time taken to find neighbours available for visiting, and provinces requiring conquering.
Also - how can you easily locate provinces available to scout? - at times i go round and round the edges of the city, only to decide eventually there is nothing available to scout - but it takes a long time to check each and everyone is still locked. there must be a better way (i hope)!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.15.29.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-04 at 10.15.29.png
    419.9 KB · Views: 137

DeletedUser

What I would suggest is adding an option in the settings menu to switch it on or off or link it with city graphic quality setting that allready exists. For ex. High disables it and meduim and low enables it.
+1 Purely for those using a small screen and the zoom feature in their browser doesn't work properly, or they refuse to use it (which I can understand to an extent as it shouldn't be necessary really). Therefore it should be an option to switch the border off.

Plus: If you have to keep clicking and dragging to get to the edge of your discovered provinces because the map is so small: that's not good for your health and it's not fun. Imagine if you could use arrow keys though :eek:... (I'm sure I read someone suggest that on here before.)

Deleted User - 13667

I do not experience lag while scrolling. Lag happens often only when entering a province for battle encounters.

I do hope the haze issue is resolved quickly. It is like the forest fires of Indonesia are affecting the health of people.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
Hi all !

I agree :
- Even with a good resolution, the province map only shows 3 towns (13 previously) so you have to move the map a lot to find your working borders where you can find what to scout or to conquest...
I also agree :
- It seems to help moving the map more smoothly...

So, why not add a zoom (like in the town) to help people having a best overview when they already have conquered a big zone ?
Having a more narrow shading border could be fine too... +1
And we also can retain the idea of a 'switch' to disable the 'haze border' +1

PS : Anyway, this remake of FOE is very clean and Inno is for me one the best online games maker at the moment... so continue guys !

Last edited:

Deleted User - 13667

Should get this updated haze next week.

Do hope it looks good

DeletedUser3

Dear All, the new narrower border that is currently on beta will indeed be implemented here with our next update. Depending a little on your screen resolution, it will look very similar to Vergs' above :)